Surprise, Surprise: A new AC after Black Flag is already in development.

This is a discussion on Surprise, Surprise: A new AC after Black Flag is already in development. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ubisoft Toronto is collaborating with Ubisoft Montreal on an Assassin's Creed game coming after AC4: Black Flag. and has plans ...

PRO Member

Surprise, Surprise: A new AC after Black Flag is already in development.

Ubisoft Toronto is collaborating with Ubisoft Montreal on an Assassin's Creed game coming after AC4: Black Flag. and has plans to be involved with the development of four other unannounced games. Speaking with Polygon, managing director Jade Raymond said the studio, involved with Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Rainbow Six: Patriots, has plans set for five further games in total.

"We have two big collaborations coming that we're not talking about, on two of the biggest franchises at Ubisoft. We also have two new IP," Raymond told Polygon, noting that the fifth project is a Splinter Cell game.

Raymond's comments follow on from the intentions she laid out in 2010 to eventually have five triple-A projects going on at Ubisoft Toronto at the same time, with a staff of some 800 people involved. In other words, Ubi Toronto's plans for world domination are beginning to surface, and we should call the authorities immediately.
    Share This Story

Source: Ubisoft Toronto working with Ubi Montreal on another Assassin's Creed - JoyStiq

This just reeks of extreme presumption that gamers will buy a game just due to the name on the box.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Prayer Warrior

yeah this has already been posted on this site. about a week ago actually lol but like i said in that thread i think developers are getting lazy these days and are just trying to cash in on established franchises instead of making new and exciting titles. there will be people who will buy it and there will be those who will probably swear by it but in my opinion i think the AC franchise is dead now and i don't even see the point in black flag much less one after that.....but just my humble opinion.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

of course. get ready for AC self destruction

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    of course. get ready for AC self destruction
    honestly my friend i think that process started with AC III and will conclude with whatever this mess will be lol

*insert Latin phrase*

My problem with the series is it isn't improving. Any "changes" don't really affect the gameplay in exponential ways and the end result is a feeling of deja vu for pretty much every moment of gameplay *insert CoD comparison*.

In all honesty, I'd rather the Assassin's Creed series stop. Or at least rest. I'll put it like this: AC II was obviously the best Assassin's Creed game. If 3 other games come after it and none of them can top it, doesn't that say something?

I'm probably just biased in the respect I'd rather them make a sequel to 2008's Prince of Persia than more Assassin's Creed, but think about it. This series is heading downhill, and I can just feel the fanbase slowly receding.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i enjoy the series storyline but AC3 was a disappointment. great game but some aspects were boring. i understand the need for ac4 but after that they should take a break

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    My problem with the series is it isn't improving. Any "changes" don't really affect the gameplay in exponential ways and the end result is a feeling of deja vu for pretty much every moment of gameplay *insert CoD comparison*.

In all honesty, I'd rather the Assassin's Creed series stop. Or at least rest. I'll put it like this: AC II was obviously the best Assassin's Creed game. If 3 other games come after it and none of them can top it, doesn't that say something?

I'm probably just biased in the respect I'd rather them make a sequel to 2008's Prince of Persia than more Assassin's Creed, but think about it. This series is heading downhill, and I can just feel the fanbase slowly receding.
    i totally agree with the feeling of deja vu. i couldn't even finish AC III because after playing all the others i got tired of the same o'l thing. now AC III wasn't a bad game really but it was just the same stuff with minor tweaks and i just got bored. and honestly i don't know that i will even play black flag much less this next one.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    *insert CoD comparison*.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! i think we have a winner!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Why won't they just all focus on making ONE game at a time! Give the story more depth and feel and imersion and just include the unannounced but already planned DLC at launch with the game itself. I swear, I love pirates, but they better not make a snooze fest of being able to impersonate Captain Jack Sparrow. Haven't even finished ACIII because it took half the game to become an assassin - who everyone insults because they all know you're an assassin and a native - but also because it's mostly about some sour-faced ass with daddy issues. Don't mean to rant but seriously, this isn't CoD.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Rangers F.C

The games been mediocre since ACII , the only way to get a decent AC game in the future is to stop buying copy and paste jobs now
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguydave666 View Post
    No not gamers......fanboys. they want a COD every year too but that doesn't mean they should make it.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguydave666 View Post
    Yeah , thats great thinking by Ubisoft . A new game every year which the game is made up by 50% of even weaker DLC
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Platinum Dohvakiin

The Assassin's Creed Series had a Heart Attack with Brotherhood, ended up in ICU with Revelations and ACIII put the entire series on life support. AC4 should just finish the job of killing it. Ubisoft murdered what could have been a great series. And made it into something that can be compared to a Scy-Fy Channel movie of the week. Ac 1 was a brilliant idea, AC2 was a great game, every game after that. Has just regressed the series into mediocre at best.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Rise and Shine.

Eh, don't really mind as long as its good.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I was just about to respond about reading something similar to what Guitarguydave666 posted. They're blatantly exploiting the series. It could've been a great series, on par with God of War or Uncharted or whatever. Fill in something you like. But they have ruined it, just so they can grab some more dollars. Of course, I can understand it to some degree. Ubisoft hasn't exactly been doing that well financially, but this is not the sollution. In stead of creating a steady cashflow, it will just put off more people every year. This series is too monotonous to be released every year. It was the biggest complaint about the original Assassin's Creed. Then they sort of fixed it with AC II, but then they fall back into the same mistake. Just because something is cool, does not mean you should keep on doing it over and over. This is exactly the reason why I haven't played AC III yet. Because I still haven't gotten through Revelations yet. Which is another great example of how Ubisoft is milking this series. Yes, Ezio was a cool character. But we didn't need three games about him. And yes, the naval battles of AC III were well received. But do we really need a game that focusses largely on that? Ubisoft, enough with the overkill already!

Signature by Fox | Take a look at my Trophy Checklist | Latest plat: The Walking Dead

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Deem View Post
    I was just about to respond about reading something similar to what Guitarguydave666 posted. They're blatantly exploiting the series. It could've been a great series, on par with God of War or Uncharted or whatever. Fill in something you like. But they have ruined it, just so they can grab some more dollars. Of course, I can understand it to some degree. Ubisoft hasn't exactly been doing that well financially, but this is not the sollution. In stead of creating a steady cashflow, it will just put off more people every year. This series is too monotonous to be released every year. It was the biggest complaint about the original Assassin's Creed. Then they sort of fixed it with AC II, but then they fall back into the same mistake. Just because something is cool, does not mean you should keep on doing it over and over. This is exactly the reason why I haven't played AC III yet. Because I still haven't gotten through Revelations yet. Which is another great example of how Ubisoft is milking this series. Yes, Ezio was a cool character. But we didn't need three games about him. And yes, the naval battles of AC III were well received. But do we really need a game that focusses largely on that? Ubisoft, enough with the overkill already!
    Honestly I loved his character in ACII, but about half way through Brotherhood. I just wanted him to STFU! He got on my nerves so damn bad in that game. By the time I got about 2 chapters in Revelations, I just couldn't take him anymore, and just quit playing the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Honestly I loved his character in ACII, but about half way through Brotherhood. I just wanted him to STFU! He got on my nerves so damn bad in that game. By the time I got about 2 chapters in Revelations, I just couldn't take him anymore, and just quit playing the game.
    My point exactly. Honestly though, I thought Alta´r was a more interesting character. But the way they decided to incorporate him into Ezio's story feels incredibly forced. I could care less about what happened to Ezio. I wanna see Desmonds story through to the end though, because of all the mindfucks they throw out there. I've finished three games so far, and every time the ending left me confused, as with pretty much everyone, I guess. It feels like I'm playing more to just finally get some answers, than to enjoy myself with a great game.

Signature by Fox | Take a look at my Trophy Checklist | Latest plat: The Walking Dead