Battlefield 4 release date is October 29, Xbox.com leak suggests

This is a discussion on Battlefield 4 release date is October 29, Xbox.com leak suggests within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Battlefield 4 release date is October 29, Xbox.com leak suggests - Battlefield 4 for Xbox 360 News UPDATE: The date ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Battlefield 4 release date is October 29, Xbox.com leak suggests

Battlefield 4 release date is October 29, Xbox.com leak suggests - Battlefield 4 for Xbox 360 News

UPDATE: The date has been removed from the blog post.

ORIGINAL STORY: Battlefield 4 will release on October 29, 2013, according to an official blog post on Xbox.com.
    The release date - which has yet to be confirmed by EA or DICE - appeared in a post penned by Xbox.com games editor Denny Atkin earlier this week.
    "Only in Battlefield can players go through a building instead of around it, eject from a jet and take out the enemy mid-free fall, or flip a tank," wrote Atkin. "DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts, announced that Battlefield 4 will arrive on the Xbox 360 on October 29, 2013."
    Beyond an autumn 2013 release window, neither EA or DICE have yet publicly revealed an official release date for Battlefield 4.
    An October 29 release date sounds plausible, however.
    Battlefield 3 released in North America on October 25, 2011. The 29th also falls on a Tuesday - the day on which games typically release in the US.
    If true, October 29 is looking set to be a big day for games releases. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag goes on sale in North America on the same day.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I hope they do something about spawn campers this time around. Tired of being ran over or shot from behind as soon as I spawn.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The date sounds like it would coincide with ps4 release also so sounds probable.

-i- love myself.

So that means the PS4 will be releasing around that time Anyways, can't wait for this game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

First day purchase

Deathless Destroyer

Hmm, the Battlefield 4 prologue was powered by AMD's Radeon 7990 graphics card (which is currently the most powerful in the world) and it was in 3K resolution according to some sources. Wonder how the PS4 will fare compared to it - I hope it looks similar to the video at 1080p.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I feel sorry for anyone purchasing this for either the PS3 or Xbox 360. I'll be getting this for the PS4 me thinks

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 4 - Silver

Getting on ps3 day one.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

PRO Member

That's the thing, should I get this for PS3 or wait about a year and a half and play it on PS4?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Hmm, the Battlefield 4 prologue was powered by AMD's Radeon 7990 graphics card (which is currently the most powerful in the world)
    Lel

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Lel
    lol at video

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Hmm, the Battlefield 4 prologue was powered by AMD's Radeon 7990 graphics card (which is currently the most powerful in the world) and it was in 3K resolution according to some sources. Wonder how the PS4 will fare compared to it - I hope it looks similar to the video at 1080p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Lel
    Looks like they did bust out the 7990 for the trailer its basically two 7970s.

AMD Radeon HD 7990 says hello, plays a bit of Battlefield 4 at GDC

Also I've heard rumoured that bf4 will possibly only run 720p 60fps on PS4 I dunno about that because I would think ps3 wouldn't be able to do much worse than 720 30fps that it currently does on bf3.

I kind of hope that it wont up it to 1080p if it drops to 30 frames but hopefully they can get 1080p and 60fps.