Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Petition to bring back David Hayter in MGSV: Phantom Pain

This is a discussion on Petition to bring back David Hayter in MGSV: Phantom Pain within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Trogdorbear i dont give two shits about who gives the voice, there more serious concerns regarding a ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorbear View Post
    i dont give two shits about who gives the voice, there more serious concerns regarding a videogame rather then who the voice is, so have fun with your petition wich is a waste of time and lets get ready for another 5***** MSG !!!
    I don't know if you're trying to troll or if you really mean it.
    You're forgetting the Metal Gear Solid series sets itself apart from the rest by exactly that, top notch voice acting, dialogue and writing. While I respect the fact that you don't care it doesn't make your opinion right about it being a waste of time. Fans are what can make or break a series and it's only fair we get to voice our opinions, even if we don't succeed we have to try, Kojima will most likely hear from the fans and at least give a proper explanation. Mr. Hayter himself stated that he felt weird about not being notified of this sudden change beforehand which is a bit disrespectful from Konami to say the least.
    Unless this is all a big ruse, which I doubt, I don't see how this is pointless or a waste of time. A big part of the series are the main characters and while writing is most of it the voice actor gives it the charm and appeal. I've nothing against the new actor, he will be fantastic for sure, but changing it after so many years seems like a weird move.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

INTJ

who wants to bet that kojima planned this and they are pulling a raiden for MGS5.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorbear View Post
    i dont give two shits about who gives the voice, there more serious concerns regarding a videogame rather then who the voice is, so have fun with your petition wich is a waste of time and lets get ready for another 5***** MSG !!!

*Le me after reading this post... *

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    who wants to bet that kojima planned this and they are pulling a raiden for MGS5.
    If it's MGR's Raiden then fine by me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Signed this awhile ago. I can see Hayter not being in Phantom Pain since old big boss doesn't sound like solid snake at all. But The first part before the coma NEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS to have David Hayter voicing it!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I signed, but I also believe that this is just Kojima messing with us again. I think Hayter's tweets were just him playing along with Kojima's scheme. It hasn't been officially confirmed either way, so I will remain hopeful.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i think we shud all take a deep breath, all us series vets know that kojima can't screw up anything about the MGS series just like he hasn't over the last 15 years, just let the man make his next masterpiece, trust me he knows wat hes doing

Lvl 3 - Bronze

changing voice actors normally leave a bad taste in people's mouth look at infamous 2 great improvements but that new cole voice actor

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

Retired Staff Member

You will never be able to change the plan of Kojima. He has a plan. He is all-knowing.

Never.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    You will never be able to change the plan of Kojima. He has a plan. He is all-knowing.

Never.
    I've been more and more convinced in the past days that this might not be such a bad idea as I thought. Even if Hayter is not in the game I bet some people will buy it to know WHY he isn't in it, and I still think he has a plan.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Here's the thing: Solid is NOT a perfect clone of Big Boss. Solidus is [Voiced by John Cygan]. Solidus sounds nothing like Solid - hell, he doesn't even sound like Big Boss. Why then, does Solid sound exactly the same? Solid didn't grow up with BB - he shouldn't sound anything like him.

How ridiculous would it be to have Solid and Big Boss fighting each other, sounding exactly the same?

Big Boss is older in MGSV - it's time for him to start sounding more like his own character.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post

Never.
    If he decides to do whatever he wants with the game, it'll be a first in a VERY long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12