Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Petition to bring back David Hayter in MGSV: Phantom Pain

This is a discussion on Petition to bring back David Hayter in MGSV: Phantom Pain within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, since MGSV doesn't seem to have its own section in this forum yet, I've put this petition here ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Petition to bring back David Hayter in MGSV: Phantom Pain

Hey guys, since MGSV doesn't seem to have its own section in this forum yet, I've put this petition here so that people will actually see it.

As you may be aware, Konami have apparently decided not to bring back David Hayter as the voice of Snake in MGS: Phantom Pain. I don't know about you, but to me, this is tantamount to heresy. Hayter did a stellar job voicing Snake in the previous games, and it's probably fair to say that Snake wouldn't have become as popular as he is if it weren't for his gravelly tones. I just can't imagine Snake being voiced by anyone else - my excitement for the upcoming Splinter Cell: Blacklist was dampened considerably when I learned that Michael Ironside would not be reprising his role of Sam Fisher, so Hayter's absence from Phantom Pain will have the same effect on me.

So, below is a link to an online petition "demanding" that Konami have Hayter on board once again to voice Snake. So far it's reached over 8,800 signatures, and has also been signed by Paul Eiding himself (the man who voiced Colonel Campbell) and even shared on his Facebook page. Please stop by for a moment if you, like me, want to see Snake being voiced by the only man who should voice him .

If Hayter has decided that he doesn't want to voice Snake again, then that's fair enough. But if he does want to, and is instead being rejected by Kojima in favour of a new actor, then we can try to do our bit to help him get the job.

https://www.change.org/petitions/koj...in-mgs-v#share

Thanks!

O_o

As much as I love David as Solid Snake, that's just it, he's Snake, not older Big Boss.

It's Richard Doyle at the end of MGS4. So all isn't lost, BB will still have a bad ass casting.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    As much as I love David as Solid Snake, that's just it, he's Snake, not older Big Boss.

It's Richard Doyle at the end of MGS4. So all isn't lost, BB will still have a bad ass casting.
    i don't give a shit about the voice actor but the japanese VO who did solid snake has not changed or left phantom pain development.

PRO Member

I can't chose a side in this. As much as I love David Hayter's voice, I trust Hideo Kojima. Then again, I love David Hayter's voice...

PRO Member

MGS4 is like 20-30 years before this game though. Hayter sounded great in Peace Walker as Big Boss. He sounded fantastic as an older Solid Snake. Hayter is the only man that can play Snake. Anyone else will quite honestly taint the experience for me a little bit.

I've spent years playing through the stories that Hideo Kojima has crafted listening to one voice..... Hayter's. They can't just take him away. David Hayter is the only man up to the job. They need to get him back. His voice has become too important of a staple in these games just to lose him.

Sig by Bladia

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

It's done people, let it go, things change, he is sad he isn't doing it but he respects the decision.

Or you know, wait until shenanigans are called and proclaim you knew all along he was doing it, whatever.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm signing because Mr. Hayter is a fantastic voice actor and I've loved all his roles. As good as MGSV may be and no matter how talented the cast, it would simply not be the same without him. The least we can do is try.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 8 - Gold

And that's the thing.Big Boss isn't old enough to be voiced by someone else.

I still think this is a hoax. The voice in the trailer was horrible and didn't fit the character at all, so it could be a placeholder.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i don't give a shit
    What a surprise.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

But Snake is the perfect clone no? So why not have the same voice for both.
    lol idk, Hayter is awesome.

That is all.
    But either way, the game will be great.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I will vote for him

Kiwi Defender

Hayter claimed he didn't know through Twitter, but like someone said before me, this might all be a hoax (as per usual).

I'm very used to Hayter's voice as well, but to say no one else can play Snake is a bunch of wishful, moronic thinking. You're all just too used to the voice to think no one has the talent (nor the voice) to voice Snake/Big Boss, but there enoughcapable and talented people out there to take up the role and deliver a good performance. As long as the voice-over is good, I won't care, even if I do finish up missing Hayter.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    What a surprise.
    Don't spam for the sake of spamming.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

at this point i don't care if Gilbert Gottfried Voice solid snake i want a Open World Day/Night Time Based Metal Gear.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Over 11,000 signatures now! The target amount seems to be 15,000, so it's 75% done already. Looking good - now hopefully it'll come to Kojima's attention...

It is of course entirely possible that the rumour of Hayter's non-involvement could turn out to be exactly that - a rumour. We all know that Kojima loves his mindfucks, after all. But if it's true, at least he'll get an idea of the impact that this decision could have on the MGS fanbase. 15,000 signatures may seem a paltry amount compared to the millions of Metal Gear players out there, but then I doubt that this is the only petition of its kind doing the rounds online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360
    i want a Open World Day/Night Time Based Metal Gear
    Well, that's on the way - just be patient.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Signed - MGS without Hayter is not a MGS. Keep that in mind ppl.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I signed, but I could really care less.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    15,000 signatures may seem a paltry amount compared to the millions of Metal Gear players out there, but then I doubt that this is the only petition of its kind doing the rounds online.
    Yeah, he'll laugh while thinking "15,000 people who are crying over the voice actor but that'll buy the game anyway, meaning it won't hurt me in the least and I've got no reason to give a crap about it".

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Du wirst geil

Meh, until it's officially confirmed, like official official, then I'm not worried or even bothered. Voice acting is integral, yes, but it doesn't make or break the game completely.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i dont give two shits about who gives the voice, there more serious concerns regarding a videogame rather then who the voice is, so have fun with your petition wich is a waste of time and lets get ready for another 5***** MSG !!!

Kid, not loser

The thing people are not seeing is what if Kojima decided to make a sequel to this one, like a remake of the original Metal Gears. If he was planning to do that (which I pray he does cause I want to play them) then this option only makes sense. He will have David Hayter play Solid Snake soon enough.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast