Buying a game abroad!?

This is a discussion on Buying a game abroad!? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys!!! I've got a question for y'all! So I want to buy Assassin's Creed Anthology just to get the ...

Real Life Alchemist

Buying a game abroad!?

Hey guys!!!

I've got a question for y'all!

So I want to buy Assassin's Creed Anthology just to get the complete serie in a nice box and you know the stuff you like extra if you are into extra's .

Well I've come across a price problem! If I buy it in my own country (Belgium) which is ofcourse part of the Benelux it will cost me 150euro's.
    If I order it in the UK (Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more) it will cost me 90euro's including the shipping fee.

The problem is a friend of mine once said that if you buy a game outside the region in which your PSN account is registered (beeing Benelux for me NOT the UK), you won't have acces to the DLC's etc etc.

The big question here for me now is...is this correct? Because if it is I'll kinda be forced to buy it for 150 euro's in my own country!

NSFW

Well... What he says is partly true. You can't get DLC from one region to a game that has another. The thing is, that Belgium and the UK is in the same region... EU. Europe has an overall region unless Belgium is an exception or something. Now if you ordered the game from the US or from Japan, that would be a whole another story.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's only partially correct.
    PS3 games are region free as you already know, but you can only buy DLC for a game that matches the respective area. So for a Japanese copy for example you can only buy DLC from the Japanese store. However, if you buy it from there you can use it with any and all accounts on your console, no matter what region. If the game you want to buy comes with downloadable DLC (not on the disc) then you only need make an account for the region you bought it from, redeem your codes, download and install the stuff, then change to your main account and use it there.
    Now if you want to buy DLC from another store then you can buy prepaid cards on Amazon and such.
    In the end it will still be cheaper than buying the game on your region anyway.

EDIT: I don't know if your country uses the same Store as the UK though so if it does then you'll have no problems.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Real Life Alchemist

Thanks guys!! I'm going to buy the game in the UK it's dropped in price even more and it's now 60% cheaper than in Belgium.
    And there is a code with it to redeem all DLC for free!!

You guys helped me solve this issue in my head asap! If I could I'd still give you rep for it!