Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Disney Murders LucasArts

This is a discussion on Disney Murders LucasArts within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Am I the only one here who hasn't played the games to be bothered or affected by this?...

The One and Only

Am I the only one here who hasn't played the games to be bothered or affected by this?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Am I the only one here who hasn't played the games to be bothered or affected by this?
    No , no you're not , I never played any of them

Kiwi Defender

Too young to care, then .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Too young to care, then .
    That's only a excuse though.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

So a company that hasn't done anything relevant in at least 10 years goes under because they can't learn to make games fast enough, or have worthwhile titles that extend beyond a niche market.

Lucasarts has nobody to blame but themselves, with the rise of the indie developer and the marketplaces up for them to make extensions of what they did best - PC Adventure games from the 90s - they could have expanded. Instead they make horrible Star Wars games that ruin canon, create shoddy gameplay, and attempt to go the graphics over gameplay route.

Another huge mistake is their inability to create in-house developers with unique ideas and attempting to poach other company's assets and rest on the laurels of past projects. I've yet to hear of any person who's jumped ship after leaving the company they made their mark in, and rekindling the magic.

No major loss for me, since this company has been a non-factor for well over 15 years. I feel bad for the individuals who lost their jobs, but this is what happens when you can't release profitable games at a fast enough pace - especially when a major multi-corporate conglomerate buys out your company. Lucas has his billions, and now there are even more unemployed game industry workers without jobs. C'est la vie.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Angel of Death

As Bon Jovi once said, shot through the heart... This sucks.

Kiwi Defender

That's only a excuse though.
    That's completely true, but it doesn't mean you'll go buy/download the games, now does it?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's completely true, but it doesn't mean you'll go buy/download the games, now does it?
    Maybe

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

PRO Member

Though currently canceled, Star Wars 1313 could still be saved, according to a LucasArts representative.

“All of these things happened at once,” the rep told Game Informer. “Naturally, as any company that goes through a big announcement like this, you have to look through your whole portfolio and realign some things. 1313 was looking fantastic, the reception has been great. Our other unannounced titles are fine, it just got to a point where from a business standpoint we couldn’t continue developing those internally and keep up with the direction that the company was going.

“It is worth noting that we are looking for proven external partners who can help us provide video games to our fans. We still believe in the video game industry, we still will provide Star Wars games, we’re just looking at different models rather than internal production… They’re evaluating everything. There’s always a possibility that it [Star Wars 1313] can still come out via licensing.”
    Disney shutters LucasArts, Star Wars 1313 canceled [Update] - Gematsu

Lvl 6 - Silver

I dont care really, Star Wars or Lucas Arts are not really my thing anyways. As somebody posted before there were plenty(many) of great and awesome games released at that time to over look those games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This isn't a belated April Fool's joke is it?

Disney pays a fortune for LucasArts and then subsequently shuts it down lolololol.

Yeah, Star Wars 1313 looked pretty good, but it's a tough industry to break into, especially with such a huge legacy to live up to (with the original trilogy of movies). But who knows, the PS4 has been announced so there is a chance for a clean slate... perhaps a Mass Effect-style game? It would be quite interesting to have the character be able to choose to go to the dark side (paragon/renegade) hehehehehe...

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm both unsurprised yet shocked by this. Unsurprised because I've knew that LA was moving away from gaming in general, but shocked because I didn't think it would happen this soon since SW1313 and that SW shooter (which was JUST announced several weeks ago) were supposed to come out. I was a fan of Rouge Squadron series and their work on the first Mercenaries game; it's really sad to see another company I grew up with go like that, but it stings a bit worse since this isn't a bankruptcy closure.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

PRO Member

Its BS, i miss play Rogue Squad...No Star Wars: Force Unleashed III...FUCK YOU DISNEY
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 9 - Gold

I only ever played some of their games in the mid/late 90s

On a sidenote grim fandango was one of the only games I ever got my dad to play. and it was awesome.

Lvl 8 - Gold

*My speculation*
    I bet that Sega will acquire publishing rights to Star Wars games, thus making gearbox to develope FPS SW titles for them...

Lvl 9 - Gold

just to clarify things for myself, any LEGO game that used LucasArts material (like Star Wars & Indiana Jones) was NOT made by LucasArts or Disney?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    just to clarify things for myself, any LEGO game that used LucasArts material (like Star Wars & Indiana Jones) was NOT made by LucasArts or Disney?
    LucusArts only published them.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Its BS, i miss play Rogue Squad...No Star Wars: Force Unleashed III...FUCK YOU DISNEY
    Wow, why in the world would you want TFU 3 after playing 2...

If anything hope for good shit!

Like..

Jedi Outcast 3.
    KOTOR 3.
    Battlefront 3.

blah blah

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    This sucks for Starwars 1313, on the other hand if I understood it properly now they can let other developers have a crack at the Starwars franchise , I would love for some new people to give it a go , this time it could be Starwars but made from fans not old greedy bastards ( George Lucas ) and co . There are many cool stories from the books yet untouched .
    This. I personally find about 70% of the released Star Wars games to be rotting piles of shit. Battlefront I & 2 were fairly decent games, but honestly I haven't ever really enjoy any other Star Wars game. Now maybe some other developer can give me a Star Wars game I don't turn my nose up at.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast