Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have you ever lost interest in getting trophies?

This is a discussion on Have you ever lost interest in getting trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I got bored with them , I have a bit of an addictive personality . Once I had one , ...

Rangers F.C

I got bored with them , I have a bit of an addictive personality . Once I had one , I wanted five , at five I needed ten . The more I earned the more I wanted so I started to play games that I would never have normally , just for a platinum .

The biggest thing for me was it started to change my style of playing too , I would get a game and instantly get the trophy list up , make sure I knew what the plan was for the game to avoid needless playthroughs , in doing this you get some spoilers from the trophies themselves . With some games where you have to collect items , you would spend as much time looking at guides and videos as you were playing.

After a while of doing this it became no fun ( self inflicted ) so I stopped completely , I have now reached the point where I don't care for them anymore and loving my gaming again , I will try to get to 30 but only on a game where it suits me .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Prayer Warrior

fuck trophies lol i used to be as big of a whore as anyone else and played shit games just to get trophies and then one day while spending countless hours grinding for xp to get a final trophy for plat i realized what a freaking idiot i was. what ever happened to playing a game because it was the shit and not just to get trophies. i realized that the amount of trophies and plats you have DO NOT define you as a gamer. just because a person has more trophies or has a plat you don't does not mean they are a better gamer. people are breaking games, glitching, and boosting to get trophies. i know cause i was guilty of doing it myself.

i could go on for hours about how i think trophies are being misused and stuff but most of you want understand/agree and just think i'm crazy and flame me and i'm not in the mood for that lol so i'll just say i gave up on trophies a long time ago and ONLY play games for the fun of it now. i no longer play shit games on purpose lol and have enjoyed my gaming time so much more. but to each their own. if you love trophies rather it's for the right reasons or not who am i to tell anyone how to play their games.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

worlds biggest welch fan

When I was going for leaderboard stats on galaga legions Dx is last time I took a trophy break.

made it to rank 25.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    fuck trophies lol i used to be as big of a whore as anyone else and played shit games just to get trophies and then one day while spending countless hours grinding for xp to get a final trophy for plat i realized what a freaking idiot i was. what ever happened to playing a game because it was the shit and not just to get trophies. i realized that the amount of trophies and plats you have DO NOT define you as a gamer. just because a person has more trophies or has a plat you don't does not mean they are a better gamer. people are breaking games, glitching, and boosting to get trophies. i know cause i was guilty of doing it myself.

i could go on for hours about how i think trophies are being misused and stuff but most of you want understand/agree and just think i'm crazy and flame me and i'm not in the mood for that lol so i'll just say i gave up on trophies a long time ago and ONLY play games for the fun of it now. i no longer play shit games on purpose lol and have enjoyed my gaming time so much more. but to each their own. if you love trophies rather it's for the right reasons or not who am i to tell anyone how to play their games.
    I don't play games I don't like, I sometimes try a game and leave it in the middle cause I loose interest like Dragons Dogma, but lately I loose interest in trophies, since in every game you have to go that extra mile to get the plat.now I'm going to play just to play. Defiance is pretty awesome and still have Guild Wars 2 on my PC ill focus on them

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    I don't play games I don't like, I sometimes try a game and leave it in the middle cause I loose interest like Dragons Dogma, but lately I loose interest in trophies, since in every game you have to go that extra mile to get the plat.now I'm going to play just to play. Defiance is pretty awesome and still have Guild Wars 2 on my PC ill focus on them
    well you're already ahead of the game by not playing games you don't like. you haven't been whored out then lol cause tons of people play games they hate for trophies. i did it once upon a time lol the best thing to do is just play games which ever way allows you to have the most fun. just have fun. that's all i can say lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

I at one point, became obsessed to an unhealthy degree, with earning Trophies. My old profile suffered for it, as I played some of the worst games I've played in this generation of consoles, like X-Blades, Alone in the Dark: Inferno and Anarchy: Rush Hour. Also I played easy games I normally wouldn't, like SAW.

One day I looked at my account and had a feeling of utter shame at what I'd let my old account become. So I started again, with my current profile James_Tonto and I disappeared for awhile. Not entirely sure what I was doing, I think it was mostly playing PC games.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

not really, i will only go for the though if #1 its not crazy hard/time consuming to get and #2 a game that i enjoyed playing the campaign/story. Just hoping the day will never come that i pay full price for a game just to get trophies/platinum

Buy my book, Alteration

I only really play games I enjoy for platinums, now. It's a good way to go about things, since my backlog is massive.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

yep I'm currently going through a rutt myself. I havn't done any serious trophy hunting for about 5 months but I know it'll come back eventually

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

-i- love myself.

I usually lose interest in trophy hunting during the summer that is because I could be doing better things.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't exactly lost interest in earning trophies, but it has been a while since I've earned more than a few trophies. I've been playing the likes of DC Universe, where I won't even be able to unlock any trophies until I buy a Legendary subscription. I'm not even sure yet if I'm going to go for the platinum, as doing so will require 6 lengthy playthroughs. I might just do 2 or 3, then subscribe to get what trophies I can, and then move on.

No doubt I will become burned out at some point, but it hasn't really happened yet.

Platboy Online Knight

Sometiems. But that is why I only sell games I won't play again. I keep games I play again sometimes, or incredible games like Metal Gear Solid, I have no problems playing the HD Collection, or 4. And that is just this gen, most of what I play is classic games from PSN store, or Wii/3DS eShop.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I dont play for trophies. I play for the fun of the game and trophies are just there.

Lvl 4 - Silver

for me, gaming and trophy hunting is like hand-in-hand
    so have i gotten bored with gaming? eh...

it's pretty much all i've known, i mean half the time i'm bored as hell, with nothing in my mind about what's going on, but i still play the game cuz i don't want to go to sleep yet and there's nothing else to do.....when i do finally get completely bored (which is maybe every 2 or 3 months), i switch to anime for a couple weeks

but right now, i'm in a time where i wonder what exactly it is i'm doing with my life, and i'm kinda bored with everything...games, books, tv, music, anime...even my friends are a huge snore at this point
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by soulless94 View Post
    for me, gaming and trophy hunting is like hand-in-hand
    so have i gotten bored with gaming? eh...

it's pretty much all i've known, i mean half the time i'm bored as hell, with nothing in my mind about what's going on, but i still play the game cuz i don't want to go to sleep yet and there's nothing else to do.....when i do finally get completely bored (which is maybe every 2 or 3 months), i switch to anime for a couple weeks

but right now, i'm in a time where i wonder what exactly it is i'm doing with my life, and i'm kinda bored with everything...games, books, tv, music, anime...even my friends are a huge snore at this point
    Everyone gets times like that , just try something out the norm to mix it up a bit , then when you go back to your old routine its fresh again .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Angel of Death

Yup, right now. I just don't feel joy in it at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12