Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have you ever lost interest in getting trophies?

This is a discussion on Have you ever lost interest in getting trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After a break I got back to trophy hunting this yeah, since January 2013 I already acquired 17 platinums from ...

PRO Member

Have you ever lost interest in getting trophies?

After a break I got back to trophy hunting this yeah, since January 2013 I already acquired 17 platinums from various games, and slowly I don't really see any reason why I should get more lol, the more I get, the more worthless they seem.

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

PRO Member

Yes I only plat games I enjoy now I ve lost interest in hunting

FF-Junkie!

Yeah I get that feeling every once in a while especially if it was a grueling platinum, I'll lose my mojo for a week or two then get right back into it. I just cant keep away from the shiny little buggers

Sig masterfully created by the one and only Bladia!
    Checkout my Youtube www.youtube.com/thesonofsephiroth

Up the Irons!

Yes, I didn't hunt from Jan. to second week of June in 2012.

I was just not enjoying hunting, so I didn't force myself. I also didn't play my PS3 as much.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sometimes buts its pretty rare that I do. Maybe you're trying to pump out too many plats in such a short period of time. I try to work on 2 or 3 games a month and that works for me, I get my game time and I have a pretty good social life so I dont find I burn out with trophy hunting. Perhaps you could find more of a balance?

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Ive had this happen very recently. After I got my 150th plat on Jan 22nd I just haven't been feeling the motivation to rush through games for plat anymore. Tonight was my first plat since then, and it felt good to get another platinum until I realized I was heading back to my MP grind on TR

I guess what im trying to say is it happens to everyone, except bodigard of course. Just gotta push through it until you get the motivation again

The One and Only

It's not so much that I've lost interest in getting trophies, I've just been getting lazy about it. It's happened to me for the past year and a half.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Notorious K.I.D.

I just try to enjoy as many games as possible. Whatever trophies pop I'm fine with, as you can see platinums are rare for me. And then there are times when i break out FF7 our Tactics and take a trophy break for a month or 3.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Retired

Yes, now, I don't want to force myself to platinum something or ruin a game for a platinum, but I will go back and play a game again for trophies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I only lose interest in trophies when it comes to games I don't enjoy.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I only go after games I consiously want to commit to 100% before I pop them in, and it certainly hasn't been 13 games in 4 months. I go after maybe 4 or 5 a year, occasionally going back and tacking on to some others I've been working on along the way. There will always be people that work the system and get 150 plats in 2 days illegitimately. It's not a race. They're games, so sit down and enjoy them. Trophies are a hobby........ not a job.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    I just try to enjoy as many games as possible. Whatever trophies pop I'm fine with, as you can see platinums are rare for me. And then there are times when i break out FF7 our Tactics and take a trophy break for a month or 3.

I can't even tell you how many times I go back and play FFT just for shits and giggles when I get burned out. It's a great strategy.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    I just try to enjoy as many games as possible. Whatever trophies pop I'm fine with, as you can see platinums are rare for me.
    ^ This pretty much sums it up for me

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Quite a few times. Most burnouts last a week or two. When I got my first platinum, I thought around 15 would be enough, but look where I am now.

The longest 'trophy break' I had lasted about 2 months while I was playing Mass Effect 2, but that was because a lot of things were going on and I had very limited playing time as well.

Lvl 9 - Gold

My HDD got corrupted and I had to format it last Sunday, I lost 2 years of savefiles (I have some on Cloud but I'm not Plus anymore) and I had to start again.
    I honestly lost any interest in Platinum hunting I had before, especially since I was so close in some games and lost that data for good.
    However I see it as a good thing, now I'll just play what I feel like and for fun, not for trophies, any Plats I get from now on will be from games I actually beat 100%.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

I've lost interest in gaming before but never in getting trophies. I'm a trophy addict i guess, i like getting them but it's never forced. I like playing the games i do so getting the trophies are fun and if i like the game enough to get the platinum that's just an added bonus

PRO Member

Not only do I loose interest in trophies, yet I can also loose interest in gaming completely.

Recently got rid of 40+ PS3 games, even though most of them I never finished. I figured if I haven't bothered with them at this point, I was never going to anyways. May as well get the most of their selling value now, instead of their value depreciating while I still continued to neglect them.

And the games I still have and want to play (Dead Space 3, Sleeping Dogs, ACIII, Bioshock Infinite, etc) just aren't tickling me at the moment. I get bored with gaming and trophies very easily, yet when I'm in the mood (maybe a few months a year), I go a little overboard.

I would suggest anyone with similar issues just wait it out, and only play games you are stoked for in the meantime.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

My plat rate is only about 1 / 2 months, and my trophy rate is on average less than 1 / day, so no, I haven't lost interest yet.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 8 - Gold

I cared a bit more for trophies during the first few months of me getting a high speed broadband connection. Even then I only Platinumed games I like.

Now, I'm not even into it as much as I used to. Sure, I'll Platinum games I like but even then I take my time. Take MGS2, for example. It requires multiple playthroughs and I will NOT go through any game, let alone MGS, skipping cutscenes unless it's absolutely necessary. (BB rank)

I'll also randomly get in the mood to earn some trophies,when I don't have anything new to play. Then I might pick up a game that I played 2 years ago and Plat that.

O_o

All the time. That's why it's always a good idea to take you time and walk away if a trophy is over frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast