Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time consuming trophies, why?

This is a discussion on Time consuming trophies, why? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For you guys who has earned a trophy that have taken you a VERY long tim to get, like the ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Time consuming trophies, why?

For you guys who has earned a trophy that have taken you a VERY long tim to get, like the the GTA IV Wanted trophy, why did you do it? What motivated you to go for such a time consuming trophy?
    I have done it, but I don't really know why. Do you know why you did it?

Lvl 9 - Gold

all for the shiny but in all honesty i have quite a few that i refuse to do just because its not really worth my time or effort (ie mortal kombat 360hr plus trophy)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hypothetically what should it take for you to reconsider using the 360hr going for that particular trophy in Mortal Kombat?

Rangers F.C

I did it because I had to , I have played with matchsticks holding my eyelids open to get some trophies .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

NSFW

Oh how this reminds of getting the Just Cause 2 plat. I think I did to prove myself. Now I'm kinda doing the same with Defiance, but that has been a blast up to this point, so I'm not sure if it's going to feel like a long grind.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I wasn't going to let one time consuming trophy stop me from getting a plat when I had put the time in to get the rest

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lord of all Goat-Men

Time-consuming trophies require dedication and effort - it's part of what seperates Hunters from Whores. It's also a great way to game on a budget Pick a game that will take a while to plat, and you'll get hundreds of hours of value.

PRO Member

To me it's not like a lot of people in here who just play one game and plat it, I have no hurry in getting them. For example I just need one playthrough in Uncharted 3, I could have done that a year ago but I'd rather play something else and come back to it later.

Lvl 7 - Gold

devs ways of trolling players so they can play there game even longer

Plats-O'-War!!

I do it to see if I could actually get those time-consuming trophies. In Resistance 2, I gave up on the several times because of the daunting 10,000 competitive kills trophy. But, I kept chipping away at it, next thing you know it glitched on me and the online servers gave me 5,000+ kills!!! . I gave up on Crysis 2's online because of the lvl 50 trophy and how dead the online was, but all that changed when I got a group of dedicated boosters to hammer out the last of the online. Once I got that lvl 50 trophy, nothing was stopping me from the , and now I own both plats.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Spent over a 1000 hours playing WKC. I played the game for almost a year and I had fun playing it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The game that took me the longest time to Plat is probably Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (around 200 hours), and it took some grinding and weapon farming. In any case I was actually ENJOYING the game and playing co-op so half those hours are actually just from having fun and not focusing on trophies. I would try to get Wanted on GTAIV because the multiplayer is fun, but sadly nobody plays anymore.
    I wouldn't go for a trophy that required insane amounts of time unless I truly enjoyed the game or had someone I liked to play with in the meantime.
    I guess I'm not a good trophy Hunter but at least I'm not a trophy "Whore."

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Venire, Videre, Vince

I approve this message
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Time-consuming trophies require dedication and effort - it's part of what seperates Hunters from Whores. It's also a great way to game on a budget Pick a game that will take a while to plat, and you'll get hundreds of hours of value.
    Read this for more input about this topic Most time consuming trophies

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 7 - Gold

usually i do it to get the platinum, but there are grinding trophies and other grinding trophies. i didnt bother about some trophies

PRO Member

Yes, Faust has it right. Since I paid for a game, might as well get everything out of it. If it's excruciating though and I have something else to play, then I'd move on.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Up the Irons!

Unless it is the last trophy I need or it is a platinum I really want, I don't waste my time grinding a trophy that won't lead to a platinum (hence why I don't have Wanted in GTA IV).

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 6 - Silver

When it comes to time consuming trophies I just stick to the task at hand. Time consuming trophies shows just how much you want that shiny .
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

PRO Member

To tell you the truth I don't know why I go for these tedious trophies ... guess I am simply a sucker for punishment

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Retired...

The game that took me the longest & hardest time to plat is probably Gran Turismo 5 around 400+ hours and I had fun playing it.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Negator

Time-consuming trophies are barely a hurdle when you can hack them like a boss.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast