View Poll Results: Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bioshock Infinite

19 82.61%
  • Tomb Raider

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider?

This is a discussion on Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So basically I'm looking for something to play before Injustice comes out and a lot of people have told me ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider?

So basically I'm looking for something to play before Injustice comes out and a lot of people have told me to get either Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider but I can't decide which one should I get.

Which one do you think is better and why?

Thanks in advance
    Surgeon Of Death

Ice Cream Firefighter

Tomb Raider has a more engaging storyline but I would have to say Bioshock Infinite is the way to go. It's got story, 1999 mode provides a good challenge and there is no stupid multiplayer in it.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

VitaUnlocked

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Tomb Raider has a more engaging storyline but I would have to say Bioshock Infinite is the way to go. It's got story, 1999 mode provides a good challenge and there is no stupid multiplayer in it.
    ^^ Basically it.

Rangers F.C

I have had a quick shot of Tomb Raider and loved it but still want Bioshock , I will be getting them both .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Local Drunk

I had this dilemma earlier today and chose Bioshock Infinite, which is so far. Should just with whatever one is cheaper lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 7 - Gold

I haven't played Tomb Raider. So I can't give my two cents on that. But I can confirm that Bioshock Infinite is amazing.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Played both games and i can guarantee u go and get bioshock. Its an amazing game. 10/10 for me. The story was amazing. Ending was fucking brilliant and mind blowing. COmbat was very fun. it is one of the best games not only of this generation but of all time. Tomb raider is very good as well and u should actually buy both but buy bioshock first. tomb raider's story was good but no where near good as bioshock. combat not as good as bioshock as well. i would give TR a 9/10
    Seriously go and buy infinite now!! and buy tomb raider at a later date

Saints Row IV

Bioshock Infinte for sure
    I guarantee to you that you will enjoy it.It gets 10/10 on basically every review site
    Tomb Raider is very good,but bioshock infinite is unique and it's a gaming experience you will never forget :')
    So,go with bioshock
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Change is mediocre

I'd say go with BioShock but since I haven't played Tomb Raider I can't formally vote. BioShock Infinite is a truly amazing game though.

Prayer Warrior

I've played and beat both and this is what I think. Tomb raider was an amazing game with only of the best reboot stories ever told. Its a pretty game and the ending is satisfing and you will feel good about what you've accomplished. Hard mode is a good challenge and will force you to plan before you attack. Sucky multiplayer and no confirmed plans for single player dlc. Bioshock is beautiful and has a very compelling story. The end will blow ur mind and 1999 mode will force you to play like a champ. No cheating the system here. So far there a 3 dlc confirmed and since bioshock has no multiplayer its all story dlc and its for that reason I say get bioshock because with the dlc you will get more gameplay. But both games are very amazing and at some point if you don't own both gamez you MUST play both games.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 9 - Gold

Both games are great, however BioShock is single player only. Tomb raider has multiplayer but it's just okay.
    So far BioShock has been amazing though it has some -really, really minor- issues, but so does Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider will last you longer if you get everything out of it, but BioShock is a game everybody should play, and most definitely a Game of the Year contender.

By the way, Infinite comes with the first BioShock on the disc (and I didn't see it on your trophy list), so you get 2 of the best games ever made for the price of one.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

WHO DAT!!!!

I have them both but as far as getting ur money's worth, Bioshock is the bomb. dont get me wrong TR is awesome, except for the multiplayer trophies.......Bioshock is one of those "gotta play" games and im no fan boy...B2 put me to sleep. in a situation like this, i always get both

Lvl 8 - Gold

Bioshock Infinite. It comes with the first Bioshock if you get the PS3 version.

WHO DAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Bioshock Infinite. It comes with the first Bioshock if you get the PS3 version.
    forgot about that GOOD POINT!!! as a matter of fact i will be going for plat on bioshock 1 because of this too

Platboy Online Knight

Unless you want to play Tomb Raider's lame MP, I'd get Bioshock. There is nothing to do in Tomb Raider SP after you collect all the items and do all the 5-10 minute mini tombs.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks guys you're all
    I'll be getting Bioshock Infinite tomorrow once I get out from work
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That's a tough one

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Tomb Raider has a more engaging storyline!? Doesn't bode well for Bioshock in that case... I thought an amazing story was supposed to be one of Bioshocks major selling points too.

---

I've only played Tomb Raider but it's an excellent game as far as singleplayer is concerned. You may get a kick out of the multiplayer but honestly probably not. It's not that good.

They're both supposedly great games but you'll definitely get more challenge out of Bioshock.

Tomb Raider's strong points are the soundtrack, incredible environments and fun gameplay mixed with some light (enjoyable) puzzles here and there. The story is fine but it falls flat late-game when you realise that the characters and myths aren't getting any further development
    Bioshock infinite has a much better and mind blowing story than tomb raider's story. Tomb raider's story was good but not as gd as bioshock i dont know what he means by tomb raider has a more engaging storyline

Lvl 9 - Gold

Bioshock easily.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    Bioshock infinite has a much better and mind blowing story than tomb raider's story. Tomb raider's story was good but not as gd as bioshock i dont know what he means by tomb raider has a more engaging storyline
    What can I say I felt TR's story of a desperate escape from a cursed island was better then a bunch of racist hicks that think they live in heaven while I help a girl escape custody because she has powers, plus the ending didn't blow my mind and thought they could have done more with it, but I CANNOT fault it's actual gameplay. Bioshock has awesome gameplay & I found the atmosphere took my breath away but I looked to skip the cutscenes as I didn't care for its story.

I still rate it 10/10 whereas TR only got 9/10 from me.
    Last edited by great_daze_tazer; 04-09-2013 at 09:23 AM.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast