Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

EA once again the Worst Company in America

This is a discussion on EA once again the Worst Company in America within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda I don't live in the US so I don't know how bad BoA or other nominated ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I don't live in the US so I don't know how bad BoA or other nominated companies are, but I do know how bad EA is. Their products are sold worldwide and that shows that not only in the US but around the globe they're hated. That must count for something, yet they still don't give a shit.
    This survey was only for the worst company in America. Presumably international persons were excluded from voting, and overseas activity was not considered.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

worlds biggest welch fan

A wise walrus once said there is salt in the ocean.

ps360 told us to buy the 720 to save the console market.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    All this does is show how pathetic and bitchy consumers are. Where are the companies that pay no taxes or peddle death (ie. cigarettes)?

We get it. You didn't like ME3's ending. We get it. You didn't like Sim City's launch. Quit your fucking bitching you inbred hillbillies devoid of any moral compass. Isn't there a boxart somewhere you should be ragging on you entitled cu nts?

And yes, my apartment is overflowing from period blood.
    you really defending EA with all the shit they have done? sim city still have problems playing offline and people arent suppose to complain about it?

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post
    Who votes on these things? The result is surprising. So EA is a worse company than Bank of America, who has the ability to invent new charges that people HAVE to pay with hardly a notification? It's a worse company than Exxon Mobil, who recently had a huge oil spill due in Arkansas due to poor quality pipes but is continuing to lobby for the Keystone XL pipeline which runs through environmentally sensitive areas? It's a worse company than Comcast, who this past year forced everyone to get a digital box which took away some of my network channels, all my HD channels, costs more, and resulted in inferior quality (not to mention their customer wait time is usually at least 20 minutes if you have an issue)?

It seems like some people need to get their priorities straight. Sure, EA has some bad business practices, but nothing says you have to buy their micro-transactions, and nothing says you need to buy their sequels, especially if you take the time to read reviews. I could certainly see them winning "Worst Video Game Company" but not WCIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Was someone bored and then decided to get the EA hate train rolling again?

There is on simple solution to all of this

Don't like EA? Then don't support them by buying their products. Simple as that.

Smashguy mentioned he didn't like the prices from EA on their DLC above. Guess what? He hasn't bought them. Personally, I rarely buy DLC, so this doesn't affect me. But he did the right thing by not supporting them in giving them his money.

For people like me, I don't care what EA does. I didn't care that EA wrote micro transactions into Mass Effect 3. I didn't care. I wasn't going to support that. They did the same thing with BF3 and 'buying' weapon kits. I didn't partake in it, because it wasn't something that I wanted. I wanted to play the game as it was.

For others, if they want to pay more money for DLC, let them. If they want to buy upgrades in games via micro transactions, then great, let them.

Once EAs policies end up affecting me, I will cease to buy their products. But so far, I'm enjoying a lot of what they are publishing.
    Though I'm not a big fan of EA either, this is exactly how I feel. The unfortunate thing is, I still buy Dead Space stuff because I am one of those "fanboys" It truly sucks that EA is screwing up the series, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Thank you. You wrote exactly what I wanted to say, yet I was covered in period blood, so I couldn't see what I was typing.
    I understood what you were saying, it's the way you said it though...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kazekaine View Post
    you really defending EA with all the shit they have done? sim city still have problems playing offline and people arent suppose to complain about it?
    the problems with sim city is the developers fault not the publishers.

Local Drunk

Don't like EA? Then don't support them by buying their products. Simple as that.

Smashguy mentioned he didn't like the prices from EA on their DLC above. Guess what? He hasn't bought them. Personally, I rarely buy DLC, so this doesn't affect me. But he did the right thing by not supporting them in giving them his money.

For people like me, I don't care what EA does. I didn't care that EA wrote micro transactions into Mass Effect 3. I didn't care. I wasn't going to support that. They did the same thing with BF3 and 'buying' weapon kits. I didn't partake in it, because it wasn't something that I wanted. I wanted to play the game as it was.

For others, if they want to pay more money for DLC, let them. If they want to buy upgrades in games via micro transactions, then great, let them.

Once EAs policies end up affecting me, I will cease to buy their products. But so far, I'm enjoying a lot of what they are publishing.
    ^ This sums it up perfectly.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    That's like a kid breaking your window with a baseball and you asking him to fix it rather than his parents.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Surely there are some worse companies in the US than EA, I mean 78% of the vote? That's insane? They're not exactly making their games in sweatshops, or tax dodging, or killing baby seals or spilling oil all over the country, etc, etc? They just follow questionable business practices?

Notorious K.I.D.

I don't understand how in this day and age in America that the worst company is one who makes video games. Last I checked gaming isn't an essential component for living. Seems totally optional if you want to play them or not. Other companies that actually effect everday life (banks, oil companies, gun manufacturers, etc.) get shuffled down the list. Did they limit the voting to gamers only?
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Ya gotta love all this griping and complaining all about how EA is the worst company blah bleh blah blah. I guess next vote will be for America's dumbest consumer. If you don't like the fact EA's charging 60 bucks a game then don't buy it plain and simple. As for rushing games EA wants to get the sports titles out around the start of the pro seasons. EA is not the only developer that rushes their titles either. Activision in my opinion makes more crap games then EA does or equally as much.

Lvl 8 - Gold

All aboard the EA hate train!

I know what EA does to gaming and I don't like it. But being the worst company in America? People who voted did so just because it's cool to hate EA now. Give it some time and it'll be a new gaming company.

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    EA rushed development time and forced DRM.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

despite this watch how EA games sell like hot cakes again this year in the US of A

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lord of all Goat-Men

Fuck it, I'll be the guy.

EA should not be on this list.
    Unforunately for them, their entire consumer base is interconnected people who like to voice their opinions (however stupid) on the internet. If this poll was conducted via email to subscribers of The Wall Street Journal, companies like Exxon Mobil (Arkansas Oil Spill), BP (Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill), News Corp (hacked the phones and computers of competitors and 'celebrities', and bribed officials), and HSBC (laundered money for Terrorists and Drug Cartels) would be fighting it out for the title of "Worst Company in America", not EA. They fucking make Video Games for Christ's sake.

Here in Australia we have James Hardy, a construction company that knowingly and willfully exposed workers to Asbestos, a substance that causes a very slow and painful death for not only those directly exposed, but their friends and family through passive exposure, and then when sued for recompense they reconsolidated overseas to avoid payment.

EA makes game developers release unfinished games because they're greedy, they force DRM where it has no place, and they steal some of your information. So. Fucking. What.

Yes, Sim City was a disaster - they said sorry, and gave you free shit, which (contrary to popular belief) you are NOT entitled to. Yes, Sim City is still broken as fuck and requires a constant internet connection. Don't like it? DON'T BUY IT.

Didn't like the Mass Effect 3 ending? EA just published the game, the didn't make it. Bioware did. It was their game, their vision, their story to tell. They then released FREE DLC afterwards to help give more closure. EA sets the price of the DLC. EA is the one that saw you didn't like the game and tried to help.

"Wah, every year EA releases the same sports games with minimal changes and they make us buy it."
    First, if you're stupid enough to buy the same sport game every year, you deserve to lose some money.
    Second, without the crazy funding for those games, you wouldn't have some fantastic games technologies that have come out of them, like great AI and fluid movement engine used in Battlefield 3. Also, no one is making you buy this shit. If you were REALLY fed up with them, EA wouldn't be selling 6+ million copies.

Moreover, EA aren't the only one's releasing the same rehashed crap every year. Activision do it, so do Ubisoft.

Yes, EA have done some of us wrong. They put microtransactions in and say that "gamers want them"; they release sports games with a fresh coat of paint every year; they make us endure DRM, and force the godawful Origin system on us.

Have they killed wildlife? Collapsed local economies? Charged exorbitant prices for essentials goods? Supported enemies of the state? Killed people?

The answer to each of these is No. So shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by Faust; 04-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Negator

Party pooper.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Fuck it, I'll be the guy.

EA should not be on this list.
    Unforunately for them, their entire consumer base is interconnected people who like to voice their opinions (however stupid) on the internet. If this poll was conducted via email to subscribers of The Wall Street Journal, companies like Exxon Mobil (Arkansas Oil Spill), BP (Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill), News Corp (hacked the phones and computers of competitors and 'celebrities', and bribed officials), and HSBC (laundered money for Terrorists and Drug Cartels) would be fighting it out for the title of "Worst Company in America", not EA. They fucking make Video Games for Christ's sake.

Here in Australia we have James Hardy, a construction company that knowingly and willfully exposed workers to Asbestos, a substance that causes a very slow and painful death for not only those directly exposed, but their friends and family through passive exposure, and then when sued for recompense, they reconsolidated overseas to avoid payment.

EA makes game developers release unfinished games because they're greedy, they force DRM where it has no place, and they steal some of your information. So. Fucking. What.

Yes, Sim City was a disaster - they said sorry, and gave you free shit, which (contrary to popular belief) you are NOT entitled to. Yes, Sim City is still broken as fuck, and requires a constant internet connection. Don't like it? DON'T BUY IT.

Didn't like the Mass Effect 3 ending? EA just published the game, the didn't make it. Bioware did. It was their game, their vision, their story to tell. They then released FREE DLC afterwards to help give more closure. EA sets the price of the DLC. EA is the one that saw you didn't like the game and tried to help.

"Wah, every year EA releases the same sports games with minimal changes and they make us buy it."
    First, if you're stupid enough to buy the same sport game every year, you deserve to lose some money.
    Second, without the crazy funding for those games, you wouldn't have some fantastic games technologies that have come out of them, like great AI and fluid movement engine used in Battlefield 3. Also, no one is making you buy this shit. If you were REALLY fed up with them, EA wouldn't be selling 6+ million copies.

Moreover, EA aren't the only one's releasing the same rehashed crap every year. Activision do it, so do Ubisoft.

Yes, EA have done some of us wrong. They put microtransactions in and say that "gamers want them"; they release sports games with a fresh coat of paint every year; they make us endure DRM, and force the godawful Origin system on us.

Have they killed wildlife? Collapsed local economies? Charged exorbitant prices for essentials goods? Supported enemies of the state? Killed people?

The answer to each of these is No. So shut the fuck up.

Well, there goes my speech................... Kudos Faust.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think it would be more fair if we simply called EA one of the worst 'Gaming' companies and not the worst company in an entire country. I mean it was funny the first time, because it showed just how much of a voice gamers really have and how upset we were over what happened with ME3. But as Faust pointed out, there are way, WAY worse companies than EA.

Nobody wants to hate EA, just like nobody wants to hate Square Enix or Capcom. I don't want to be angry at a company that has provided me good games. But these companies keep doing shitty things and stuff like that sticks in people's minds. Especially if you sink say $60/40 into a game, that ain't cheap for a single product, so is it any wonder that people might feel cheated and want to show their contempt by voting EA as the worst company in America? If EA wants to stop getting all this bad press, then they should stop doing silly shit like this.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

No matter how greedy a gaming company is, it should NOT be beating big corporations that kill people. WCIA proves it's out for publicity by hating an unpopular company and that its voters don't want to see the "big picture" of real corporate evil that several of us have already mentioned.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Saints Row IV

Yews but there are idiots that hate EA,and buy fifa and other games....
    Only games i like from EA are Army of Two,Battlefield Bad Company and Battlefield 3
    Thats it.They ruined sooo much games....
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 6 - Silver

i Love playing ea games and ea sports games, this article to me that ea is the worst company is just a load of shit, i basically agree with what Faust said and also fuck the Xbox 720 PS4 is the next console of the new ones ill be getting and also person who started this forum if anyone has noticed has 0plats!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast