Urgent Help ("Solved")

This is a discussion on Urgent Help ("Solved") within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So apparently someone in my house turned off the PS3 incorrectly and now it says "Checking and restoring the file ...

PRO Member

Urgent Help ("Solved")

So apparently someone in my house turned off the PS3 incorrectly and now it says "Checking and restoring the file system... Do not turn off the system.". This has happened before and it goes back to normal with no problems, but this time there's something wrong. It's been stuck at 49% for way too much time now.

I am very tempted to turn it off but I fear what may happen, I've been waiting for almost an hour and it's never taken this long. What should I do?
    Last edited by annare41; 04-14-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

you might as well turn it off,if its been stuck at 49 that long i doubt its going to finish,in the future when prompted to check and restore file system decline by hitting circle.

Negator

I always skip DB fixes/etc, since they can actually cause more harm than good.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

It went from "cheking" to "you must format". Now I have nothing. I'm sad because I've had my PS3 since 2009 and I've never had a problem with it before.

Luckily I actually uploaded all my save data to the cloud just a few days ago, I think I knew something was not right... It could have been a lot worse, so I'm not complaining.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    SHIT, I never knew this my kettle sometimes trips the power and I do this all the time .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    It's all gone.
    Sorry for your loss, but at least you know now.

Clouded save data can be found on XMB from GAMES > SAVE DATA UTILITY. The top folder links to your cloud data.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Sorry for your loss, but at least you know now.

Clouded save data can be found on XMB from GAMES > SAVE DATA UTILITY. The top folder links to your cloud data.
    Yep just edited that post, it wasn't showing at first and I thought I somehow lost it too.

That's a problem when you live with more people and those people use the PS3 too, you don't know how they're treating it...

Edit: http://www.psu.com/a019059/PS3-Firmw...roken-consoles

Maybe it's got something to do with that?

Negator

I've had several video problems since OFW v4.40, and one audio issue.

There's still a few changes in 4.40 that still aren't known by the public, so we'll have to ride it out until HB enthusiasts or SCE release the rest of the details.

PRO Member

Syncing trophies to the server is taking forever and stops at some point (I know I'll just keep trying) but my question is, is there a problem with getting trophies without syncing to the server first?

Negator

Yes, un-synced trophies can actually be lost.

On a fresh install or new system, always sync your primary profile to 100% before attempting to earn additional trophies.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Damn man, so sorry to hear this, it's exactly what happened to me 2 weeks ago, except I didn't have many saves backed up (I'm doing it now). I know what it feels to have a console crash when it had never done it before.
    Hopefully you didn't lose much stuff :/ And hang in there!

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Venire, Videre, Vince

Annare are you buying another PS3 at some point?

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

PRO Member

It's working fine now so I hope I don't need to buy another one, specially with PS4 coming now. I managed to sync and I haven't lost any trophies, I'm downloading the save data and also installing and downloading the games I had.

I've saved some of my files but I've had some major losses, such as my Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 100+ hours game, LA Noire (just one car for the Plat), Final Fantasy XIII 100+hours, Metal Gear Rising, Sleeping Dogs (lots of hours and very close to the Plat)...

It's weird because I'd swear I have uploaded many more games save data than the ones I have, could there be a problem with this?

My brother wasn't so lucky as he is not a PS+ member, he had done a lot of things in Little Big Planet, characters, levels... he really likes that game and has spend a lot of time on it (even has the LBP Plat).

Thanks everyone for the help and interest I appreciate it.

Notorious K.I.D.

Glad to hear you were able to recover your stuff.

I made the mistake of picking "reformat HD" instead of "rebuild database" and lost about 500 trophies last summer.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

This right here.

Always skip the prompt. I've had 2 PS3 wipes from allowing the rebuild tool to run. Skip it and problem solved.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I had a problem with the formatting the database or whatever it's called and mine was going real slow so I just left my PS3 on all night and when I got up later it was fine. But my trophies after that would take like 20 minutes or more just to get up to 11% and I would quit and update the dashboard on this site and the trophies would show even though they didn't sync 100%. But I was getting sick of the fact that it wouldn't totally sync so I just left the machine on for awhile and when I came back the trophies fully synced and now I have no troubles other then whenever I load up the new PSN Store it turns my TV off

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    It's weird because I'd swear I have uploaded many more games save data than the ones I have, could there be a problem with this?
    I knew I had uploaded more than what it was showing. If this ever happens to you and some of the data you uploaded to the cloud isn't showing do this:

1) Start a game you are 100% sure you haven't uploaded to the cloud
    2) Upload that new game save data to the cloud
    3) Check the cloud, every single game should appear now

I did this and found all my games save data, so I have I haven't lost anything. Also apparently my brother saved some of his data on his Vita, so it seems like we'll be fine. I think and hope our problems are over, thanks everyone for your words.