Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We should wait for Final Fantasy XII remake on PS3 (or PS4)?

This is a discussion on We should wait for Final Fantasy XII remake on PS3 (or PS4)? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi guys, Squareenix is on work with FFX and FFX-2, and FFXI is an dead mmo... This means that the ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

We should wait for Final Fantasy XII remake on PS3 (or PS4)?

Hi guys,

Squareenix is on work with FFX and FFX-2, and FFXI is an dead mmo...

This means that the next logical steap is work on FFXII remake? I mean, that is not of my favorites (not says this is the best, just that I like) and would like to play it on PS3 (also get a lot of trophies from it).

ps: please make a better final boss

Is anyone with me in this?

Regards

Kiwi Defender

XI is not a dead MMO, it's still bringing money to Square's pocket, and I'm sure they don't even have to spend much on it anymore, excluding server costs.

And yes, everyone believes XII might be re-released if the X/X-2 re-release is a success.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Gambit Battle System.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

Meh...FF XII is my least favorite FF. I even liked XIII more. They need to focus on making a new one that won't be horrible, not waste time on HD remakes.

PRO Member

I'd rather have a new FF than a FFXII remaster, I still have my PS2 copy and haven't finished it

Lvl 7 - Gold

They will probably just make another Lightning spin off.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Meh...FF XII is my least favorite FF. I even liked XIII more. They need to focus on making a new one that won't be horrible, not waste time on HD remakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I'd rather have a new FF than a FFXII remaster, I still have my PS2 copy and haven't finished it
    Meh, bunch of n00bs .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Meh, bunch of n00bs .
    Nah man, it's just not the same without Tetsuya Nomura

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Nah man, it's just not the same without Tetsuya Nomura
    Let alone without Amano, but I don't see anyone bitching about VII and onwards on that regard.

Toggle Spoiler

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Nobody knows what Square Enix is going to do. With Wada stepping down and a likely completely new direction for the company that is radically different than what we have seen, change is the most likely thing to come than anything. Square Enix is one of the few companies who hasn't exactly had strong success with their HD collections so far (albeit, they haven't released their big guns yet, failures nonetheless) - they are likely going to be in wait and see mode to see how the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X Collections do on the market before they green light anything.

Final Fantasy XII isn't exactly the high spot on many people's wish list, and the majority of people who want it, are just as likely to not purchase it as anything. I also don't exactly see a Revenant Wings companion spurring much interest either. It's not likely that Yousuke Matsuda's first major decision with the franchise would be a reboot of a game that is in the middle ground of the hearts of most fans of the series.

Right now Square Enix needs to prove to it's shareholders that it can make them money, and the elephant in the room isn't XII, and won't likely be that title anytime soon. We'll see what the chances are of XII getting an HD reboot, but it's probably about the same chance as XIII-3 does of all of the sudden rejuvenating the series in the eyes of it's loud and ever unhappy fanbase.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

Im excited for X/X-2 (want to play Blitz in HD)...i thought 13 was great (not amazing, just great)...

my 1st one was X, and after that i worked backwards...played 11 (that when i found out that im not MMO person)...

so naturally i waited for the next entry...and i was let down, the battle system felt like i was playing an MMO..it looked great, graphics where top notch...but the game wasnt for me...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lord of all Goat-Men

Considering how well FFXII was recieved by fans and critics alike (first FF game to get a perfect score from Famitsu, PS2 GOTY from IGN etc), if FFX HD sells well there's no reason why they shouldn't give FFXII the HD treatment.
    The battle system for FFXII was, IMO, one of the best in any RPG - Gambits, Technicks, license board etc.

I really hope SE get's on it ASAP.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Considering how well FFXII was recieved by fans and critics alike (first FF game to get a perfect score from Famitsu, PS2 GOTY from IGN etc), if FFX HD sells well there's no reason why they shouldn't give FFXII the HD treatment.
    The battle system for FFXII was, IMO, one of the best in any RPG - Gambits, Technicks, license board etc.

I really hope SE get's on it ASAP.
    Do all you other n00bs see? This guy gets it, while you n00bs don't .

Toggle Spoiler

n00bs = people with the money. Unless you and Faust plan on buying 50 copies each, and try to explain what a gambit is to a CoD kid in 30 words or less, and using words with less than four syllables, it won't work. Especially with the most effeminate character design of all-time for a Final Fantasy title.

If I were running a company and really wanted to test the demand - make it digital only so that the renters and borrowers (to a degree) end up having to fork out cash directly to their pockets. Money talks, not critics or fans, and if what I hear from here is anything to go on, a lot of these "fans" that loved this game sure had no problem trading it in the first chance they did for the latest coat of paint and are reaping it.

Final Fantasy XII is the most likely to get the HD treatment for one reason - it would be the easiest title to do it with. Unless they want to make a Dirge of Cerberus HD upgrade but that's more frowned upon than the all-girl title.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    n00bs = people with the money. Unless you and Faust plan on buying 50 copies each, and try to explain what a gambit is to a CoD kid in 30 words or less, and using words with less than four syllables, it won't work. Especially with the most effeminate character design of all-time for a Final Fantasy title.

If I were running a company and really wanted to test the demand - make it digital only so that the renters and borrowers (to a degree) end up having to fork out cash directly to their pockets. Money talks, not critics or fans, and if what I hear from here is anything to go on, a lot of these "fans" that loved this game sure had no problem trading it in the first chance they did for the latest coat of paint and are reaping it.

Final Fantasy XII is the most likely to get the HD treatment for one reason - it would be the easiest title to do it with. Unless they want to make a
    Dirge of Cerberus HD upgrade but that's more frowned upon than the all-girl title.
    No. All of us = people with the money, not only you anti-XII n00bs.

Last I checked, the game sold rather well (over 4 million copies worldwide), so what makes you believe only me and Faust (let's not forget dj, either) would buy it? Hell, even if half the people who bought it finished up hating it (case in point: you n00bs), that's still over 2 million people that could potentially buy a re-released because they liked it.

I can assure you that me, a self-declared big FFXII fan, still have my Collector's Edition Copy with me within hand-range to play if I damn well please to. Then again, same goes for my other FFs.

Toggle Spoiler

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Unless you and Faust plan on buying 50 copies each, and try to explain what a gambit is to a CoD kid in 30 words or less, and using words with less than four syllables, it won't work.
    Challenge: Accepted.

"Gambits are instructions you give to party members, putting them on auto-pilot. Each gambit has a trigger, eg. if a party member's health is <50%, they will be healed."

30 words, never exceeding 3 syllables.

I still have all my Final Fantasy titles as well, including the collector's edition with the horrible DVD and the collector's guide which had a ridiculously bad abridged history of the series. I think the game turned off a lot more people than it turned on. I personally don't buy HD remakes because trophies and graphics just don't mean too much to me. I know I am a minority (like you Final Fantasy XII apologists ) Unless they add something to the game that I don't already have - I'd rather drop my hard earned coin on something I haven't played already. Maybe if it wasn't for the high price tag I wouldn't mind so much, but I have my PS2, I have my copy, and it will take 30 seconds to pop it in and play it.

Call us n00bs all you want, but if you want to see Square Enix bringing in new fans - having us follow Vaan, Ashe, Balthier, Fran, and those other two forgettable characters fight the most ridiculously horrible plot in the series history - go for it. Just don't be surprised if it's one of the last moves Square Enix makes.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The battle system for FFXII was, IMO, one of the best in any RPG

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yeah! God forbid someone has a different opinion.

Bland characters, bland environments, a color palette that was taken from the depths of hell itself and a story that was rather boring. It was the first "newly numbered" FF that seriously deviated from the FF formula.No real cities, just a street with a few shops. Not to mention the game came down to moving through one bland dungeon after another.

Lvl 9 - Gold

To get back on topic...
    At this point it is unsure if a XII HD port is ever going to happen. Square-Enix in the state it is now and with the new President saying they're gonna have to evaluate all of their investment decisions would immediately make me doubt any chances of it happening. Furthermore with the X/X-2 and Kingdom Heart ports not even out yet there's little clue about the sales numbers of such titles. If they sell well (again, considering what Square-Enix means with "selling well," Tomb Raider sold millions yet they still considered it a failure...) there's a chance we'll see it.

Personally I loved XII, it's one of my favorite games in the series. Combat felt really good and I liked the missions and loot system, story was a bit mediocre but had potential. I would LOVE to see an HD remake but in all honesty even if it got amazing reviews in the end most people I know (FF fans) didn't like it. I doubt it would sell as well as FFX or KH.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast