What game should I buy?

This is a discussion on What game should I buy? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey, so I can't decide on what game to buy, so I'm going to let you guys decide for me. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What game should I buy?

Hey, so I can't decide on what game to buy, so I'm going to let you guys decide for me. Should I buy God of war: Acension, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Mlb 13 The Show, or Dead Island Riptide? I am a huge god of war fan but hearing the reviews of Acension has made me decide that I should probably wait till a later date to pick it up. I played the first Bioshock and It was good, but I sold it not only a few days after beating it. I played the first Dead Island, but again like Bioshock, after I beat it I decided to sell it not long after.

PRO Member

I'll say TR

Check Those Corners

Tomb Raider.

Local Drunk

Bioshock Infinite, it's a must have.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Bioshock Infinite, it's a must have.
    Agreed with everything here.

BioShock Infinite is a game that you must play and imo is better than the first two

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Notorious K.I.D.

If I had the ability to get any of those, I'd get Bioshock Infinite. that's the one I want the most.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I absolutely LOVED Bioshock Infinite. But if you are planning on buying and playing all of them (eventually) I think any one of your choices would be a pretty good bet. But I'd go with Bioshock

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BoxCreation123 View Post
    I absolutely LOVED Bioshock Infinite. But if you are planning on buying and playing all of them (eventually) I think any one of your choices would be a pretty good bet. But I'd go with Bioshock
    I definitely plan on playing all of them or well at least most of them before summer ends. I guess I may have to go with bioshock since I keep hearing it is a must have. Hows the replay value?

Change is mediocre

BioShock Infinite for sure. The replay value in my opinion is great, the second playthrough felt like a new experience due to my perspective of Columbia changing after seeing the ending.

Threat

I'd personally get Dead Island: Riptide
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have played Gow ascension,TR and Bioshock Infinite. I definitely think you should get all 3 but go and get Bioshock infinite first. I absolutely loved it and it was a freaking amazing experience throughout and i can hands down say that this win GOTY for sure. The game is quite long for a FPS and takes about 15 hours to beat the first time through if u explore.

PRO Member

So far I only have GOW Ascension, so my answer is Bioshock Infinite

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    BioShock Infinite for sure. The replay value in my opinion is great, the second playthrough felt like a new experience due to my perspective of Columbia changing after seeing the ending.
    Totally Agree! One of the few games I've played twice and had more fun the 2nd time thru!

-i- love myself.

I'd recommend BioShock Infinite, you will not regret playing it, trust me!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    So far I only have GOW Ascension, so my answer is Bioshock Infinite
    LOL.

You should get one of Tomb Raider, God of War, or Bioshock Infinite. You'll be happy with all three.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Prayer Warrior

stay far far far away from buying god of war accession. it's a piece of shit game and should have never been made. if you have to play it do yourself a favor and rent it. tomb raider is a freaking fantastic game and is a must own at some point but there's no single player dlc planned right now so once you finish it that's pretty much it unless you like replaying games like watching movies. but i have no problem replaying tomb raider. fantastic. but it will go down in price very soon so i would wait. mlb 13 is a great baseball game and that series really does get better every year. it has almost limitless replay ability so if you really like baseball and can play it all the time then that's the one to get otherwise wait a few months and it will go on sale. which leads me to dead island riptide. well it's only going to be $50 when it comes out to begin with so the price will drop very quickly on that especially since i don't expect it to have strong sales. so i would wait on that one as well. so the only obvious answer is to buy bioshock. it's an awesome game. it's going to be contender for game of the year. and it's worth replaying the game on 1999 mode. plus as of now there are 3 single player dlc planned that are suppose to add 4-8 hours of gameplay for each. so do yourself a favor and get infinite. plus if you get lucky you can find a copy that has the original bioshock. so that's 2 great games for the price of one. so there's your answer.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

The One and Only

Buy Hannah Montana, at least the little girls will be jealous of you.

BioShock Infinite sounds like a great game to buy from what I heard, and I saw a bit of gameplay on the PC. Based on that I strongly recommend it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Get BioShock: Infinite first. One of the games I can't wait to play. If not for my huge backlog... I've also heard that God of War: Ascension has a lot of glitches.

Favorite Plats: NGS2, NG3: RE
    Current Top 3 Favorite Series: BioShock, inFamous, Uncharted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    stay far far far away from buying god of war accession. it's a piece of shit game and should have never been made. if you have to play it do yourself a favor and rent it. tomb raider is a freaking fantastic game and is a must own at some point but there's no single player dlc planned right now so once you finish it that's pretty much it unless you like replaying games like watching movies. but i have no problem replaying tomb raider. fantastic. but it will go down in price very soon so i would wait. mlb 13 is a great baseball game and that series really does get better every year. it has almost limitless replay ability so if you really like baseball and can play it all the time then that's the one to get otherwise wait a few months and it will go on sale. which leads me to dead island riptide. well it's only going to be $50 when it comes out to begin with so the price will drop very quickly on that especially since i don't expect it to have strong sales. so i would wait on that one as well. so the only obvious answer is to buy bioshock. it's an awesome game. it's going to be contender for game of the year. and it's worth replaying the game on 1999 mode. plus as of now there are 3 single player dlc planned that are suppose to add 4-8 hours of gameplay for each. so do yourself a favor and get infinite. plus if you get lucky you can find a copy that has the original bioshock. so that's 2 great games for the price of one. so there's your answer.
    Thanks, for the details, really appreciate it. I can't really say if I like baseball games any more since the last one I played was mvp baseball '05? The one with Manny Ramirez on the cover. I have a feeling I would get bored of it easily, but watching the Boston Red Sox play recently has gotten me pumped and wanting a baseball game. I loved the first few tomb raider games on pc but never haven't played any of the newer ones. Doesn't it have multiplayer? or is that horrendous? Also I will be waiting till the first few weeks in may to make my purchase, so some of them may have price drops by then. I guess I'm going to have to go with Bioshock since every one is raving about it.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

id say go with bioshock, i played the free 1 hour trial and it was awesome, definitely seems to be a lot more fast paced than the other bioshock games and the new features seemed to be implemented well