PS3 broke down

This is a discussion on PS3 broke down within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; hey everybody, I've had my PS3 slim for 3 years now, and it's been on every day. So last week ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

PS3 broke down

hey everybody, I've had my PS3 slim for 3 years now, and it's been on every day.
    So last week it had trouble reading Blu-Ray films, and later it wouldn't start Uncharted 3 anymore and now I can only play CD's and DVD's.

My PS3 is the most usefull thing in my life, does anyone know what's going on?

Prayer Warrior

sounds like your blu ray drive has is going dead. it's not the end of the world. there are several computer shops and i think even best buy that can fix that problem. it's not too expensive to fix. but at the end of the day you can always send it to sony and they can patch that right up.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think that may be the way to go, yes.

illegal in 9 countries

You can easily buy replacement parts for the Blu-Ray lens assembly and repair the PS3 yourself.

Search for your PS3 model (it'll be on the base of the unit) or disassemble the console and find the part number. Search Google, eBay etc and you'll find all sorts of suppliers and guides. I think Helyx can recommend a reputable site, so shoot him a PM.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You can easily buy replacement parts for the Blu-Ray lens assembly and repair the PS3 yourself.

Search for your PS3 model (it'll be on the base of the unit) or disassemble the console and find the part number. Search Google, eBay etc and you'll find all sorts of suppliers and guides.
    ^ This.

If you feel comfortable repairing the unit yourself, and you have at least 2 guides (preferably one with a video), then by all means, try to do the repairs yourself.

This site has lots of parts, but I'm not sure how large their Slim model inventory is. Worth a look either way.

PS3 Parts - PSXBOY.COM -wholesale and retail welcome

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

It just happened to my sis ps3 she sended it to Sony and in 1 month it got fixed