Ghostbusters or Resonance of Fate

This is a discussion on Ghostbusters or Resonance of Fate within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Im little burnt out from playing Rising and Batman....Have gotten the energy to play Shadow of the Colossus...and Zone of ...

PRO Member

Ghostbusters or Resonance of Fate

Im little burnt out from playing Rising and Batman....Have gotten the energy to play Shadow of the Colossus...and Zone of the Enders: 2nd runner, i just need to 2 trophies (S Rank Aauman Canyon and Beat Zodius)..

i have 2 games that i havent popped in my PS3, GhostBusters and Resonance of Fate....just wondering which i should try..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ghostbusters is good though the online is terrible...havent played the other one

PLATINUMS: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Batman: AA, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty: WaW, Call Of Duty: MW2, Darksiders, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Enslaved: OotW, Final Fantasy XIII, God Of War I & II, Madden 10,11 & 12, Resistance 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Sly 1, Sonic's Genesis Collection, Uncharted 1&2, Walking Dead

♚ Overlord ♔

Resonance of Fate! Really hard to learn but its an awesome game when you get the hang of it. Very funny too lol

PRO Member

LOL, back to square one...each game has one vote...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Notorious K.I.D.

I haven't played RoF so I can't judge that game. I thoroughly enjoyed Ghostbusters though, and I feel it has one of the best scripts I've seen in a long time. I never had the opportunity to play the online mp, but I haven't heard good things. Plus I'm not sure if the servers are still up for it, o it may be unplattable.)
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

worlds biggest welch fan

both great choices

If you plan on playing a lot of Multiplayer go for GB to jam with friends and the hardest difficulty is tricky in a few parts,but it's colorful and funny with great voice acting got me laughing.

I'd probably buy both because after you beat GB you'll be ready for a 100 plus hour adventure in ROF and once you get a hold of the battles system it's get even better and the second playthrough takes 6 to 8 hours with high lvl characters plus it has a dash of adult humor to add to the fun.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Negator

I can't comment on RoF, as I haven't played it.

Ghostbusters was really fun, and the multiplayer was great. If you're a trophy 'perfectionist' and want the 100% , you'll be sad to hear that the servers are indeed shut down. Either way, GB was a great game.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Ghostbusters is a great game, actually everything about it was good except for the online trophies because of technical issues. And, as helyx has said, they are impossible to earn now because the servers have been taken down.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 6 - Silver

Currently playing through RoF again on this account and its a great game. Havent tried GB yet though.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Again, I can't speak for GB, but RoF is a lot of fun and I think once I'm done with BL2, I may have to go back and finish it. Just be aware, if you are looking at platting it, Neverland and the Arena are real grind-fests.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    Resonance of Fate! Really hard to learn but its an awesome game when you get the hang of it. Very funny too lol

I wouldn't say it's hard to learn but more confusing and a little frustrating. I got the game for a buck from Walmart on an obvious miss price.

Going with that I would say Ghostbusters. I've only beat the first level back like 3 years ago but it was a fun game. The reason why I stopped playing it is because I have way too many games and not enough time to play them all.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I can't recommend RoF as I have not played it but I did enjoy the little bit of Ghostbusters I did play. I was and still am in the same boat as MAXTHUNDER, too many games, so little time. Maybe I'll play it again one day to get all the offline trophies. Sad that it's now unplattable though.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

FYI Ghostbusters servers are closed.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

PRO Member

Not Being able to Plat GB does put damper on ever playing it...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Resonance of Fate is one of the most underated games this generation. As others have said it's a little tough to get into because it doesn't really explain its mechanics very well, but once you get the hang of it you're in for an incredibly unique RPG.

As for Ghostbusters, I'd pass. The writing and voice acting is fantastic, but it's one of those games where I had more fun watching it than playing it.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Lvl 6 - Silver

having only played ghostbusters I would suggest that one I enjoyed it and wouldnt mind playing it again

PRO Member

I love you guys, when ever I have a problem and think you guys can help...your always there to keep me on the fence...lol

so, I can play a game that I will never be able to plat, or play a game that will require a huge learning curve and a 100hrs to plat - just cause its underrated ( I like the underdog, and am interested)...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 7 - Gold

You should definitely play both. Start with Ghostbusters since it's the shorter one of the two. With RoF, when you first leave the town/city, go left to the arena. That is where you learn about the combat system. Happy gaming.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Plats-O'-War!!

In all honesty: I played both games. Both are very fun to play, but if I have to choose, I go with Resonance of Fate for its a great RPG to play. I love RPG's so it may sound a tad bit biased Oh, btw, don't let the closed serves damper an awesome game. Enjoy it for what it is: A good game.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

For what it's worth for Ghostbusters, even with the servers up, people didn't bother with the plat because it was quite a grind and also technically, the servers weren't great. The gameplay on the other hand was really good and I'd say it was an underrated/underplayed game.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored