Electronic Arts Shells out $27m & Makes Concessions Over NCAA/Madden/AFL Class Action

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts Shells out $27m & Makes Concessions Over NCAA/Madden/AFL Class Action within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I received an email with an update on the class action. Looks like EA decided to just settle. Can't wait ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Electronic Arts Shells out $27m & Makes Concessions Over NCAA/Madden/AFL Class Action

I received an email with an update on the class action. Looks like EA decided to just settle. Can't wait to get my slice of the pie, though it will just be peanuts. Feels good to stick it to EA since I am too weak to boycott them but dislike them as a company.

In a nutshell : EA settled by paying out $27,000,000 into a fund that will be used to pay for court and lawyer fees and then distributed to class action members. They will also refrain from trying to obtain any additional exclusive license related to NCAA football for five years after its current exclusive license expires (in 2014).

This means that after 2014, another company could get a license for an NCAA football game. I'm REALLY hoping 2k Sports makes a move to obtain one. They had the superior football game on the market years ago with NFL 2K5. I'd love to see them get back in the game. It's a shame the settlement didn't have EA also refraining from obtaining an exclusive NFL license. Madden needs competition.

The full email I received is in the spoiler.

Toggle Spoiler

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Madden needs help graphically along with fixed gameplay...
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits