Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you like to see in Fallout 4 ?

This is a discussion on What would you like to see in Fallout 4 ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Bethesda Game Studios has moved wholesale onto "our next major project", which is presumably Fallout 4, and left Skyrim behind. ...

Rangers F.C

What would you like to see in Fallout 4 ?

Bethesda Game Studios has moved wholesale onto "our next major project", which is presumably Fallout 4, and left Skyrim behind.
    Minor updates to Skyrim will still trickle in, but meaty additions like DLC will cease.
    "For the last year and a half we've been working on new content for Skyrim, from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs," wrote Bethesda Game Studios.

"Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio's full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet."

Bethesda hasn't announced or mentioned Fallout 4, but has always fully intended to make more than one game - Fallout 3 - in the series (Fallout: New Vegas was made by Obsidian
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ably-fallout-4

It is fair to say the game will be well on its way at this point and that it will be on PS4, by looking at some of the launch titles for PS4 it makes you wonder what could be possible from Fallout next gen .

What would you guys love to see in the next epic outing from Fallout ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I would definitely would like to see great graphics for a change and no glitches or bugs. If there is any of that in the next gen console versions then we will know for sure that Bethesda is truly not as talented as people give them credit for.

Rangers F.C

I would love to see Hardcore mode back but much improved upon from last time, no get shot once and vision goes blurry every 5 mins till you use a stimpack, make it so you have to eat and drink to stay alive but make food and health very hard to find so you have to explore to survive .

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I would definitely would like to see great graphics for a change and no glitches or bugs. If there is any of that in the next gen console versions then we will know for sure that Bethesda is truly not as talented as people give them credit for.
    Glitches are a pain but I think they are part of the DNA at Bethesda, as for the graphics you would expect something similar to Skyrims on PC ( maybe a bit better ) they made a new engine for it and I cant see them only using it once .

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Glitches are a pain but I think they are part of the DNA at Bethesda, as for the graphics you would expect something similar to Skyrims on PC ( maybe a bit better ) they made a new engine for it and I cant see them only using it once .

Skyrim on PC was very bland and I found the graphics to not be as stellar as lots of players say it is. I just think that they want to bash on the console versions saying that they suck and the PC version is far more superior. But, I still think the game's ugly in my opinion and it has bugs and glitches as well so go figure.

Anyways it would be cool to be able to salvage old parts from planes, vehicles and other types of machines and make your own weapons or your own vehicles that you can actually drive/fly.

Change is mediocre

I would like to see Fallout 4.

Rangers F.C

Skyrim on PC was very bland and I found the graphics to not be as stellar as lots of players say it is. I just think that they want to bash on the console versions saying that they suck and the PC version is far more superior. But, I still think the game's ugly in my opinion and it has bugs and glitches as well so go figure.

Anyways it would be cool to be able to salvage old parts from planes, vehicles and other types of machines and make your own weapons or your own vehicles that you can actually drive/fly.
    I like PC and console IMO the PC version is much better looking, the only thing wrong with PC gaming is cost and hassle . I tend to only console game these days .

The stuff you said would be a cool addition and sounds like it will be in the game . I think it would be cool if you could bring camping gear ( similar to Red Dead ) and make cold or hot weather a factor in you decision making e.g no wood, fuel for fire means death if you cant stay warm , also would like to see extreme weather e.g flash floods, dangerous lightning, bush fires .

Local Drunk

I just want it to be more like 3 then New Vegas, other than that I don't care.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Better shooting mechanics. Its hard to shoot without VATS in Fallout 3 and VATS sucks early on until you get perks for it in harder difficulties.

Also, would I love to see the next one take place in another country. Two games in the US so far, but the storyline says the entire world went in vaults. Let's go to Germany or Australia or something lol.

One last thing would be possibly Co-op? If it's even possible it think it would be cool.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I played Skyrim before I played FO3, so my only request would be more! People, places, side quests, areas to explore! But no bugs.............please?

INTJ

Obsidian Writes the story and lore, and sidequests so the writing isn't batshit pants-on-head retarded.

Todd Howard is not allowed to open his mouth at all in public during development.

Skyrim on PC was very bland and I found the graphics to not be as stellar as lots of players say it is.
    screenshots i took on my PC

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...DB91DE892D72E/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...FF6BF2A749C8F/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...088EF6F57EF8E/

pics i took from another site of PC skyrim

http://imgur.com/a/tr3t3

more shots from pc skyrim

http://unr3al.minus.com/mbItA4zdUf5hL

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    Better shooting mechanics. Its hard to shoot without VATS in Fallout 3 and VATS sucks early on until you get perks for it in harder difficulties.

Also, would I love to see the next one take place in another country. Two games in the US so far, but the storyline says the entire world went in vaults. Let's go to Germany or Australia or something lol.

One last thing would be possibly Co-op? If it's even possible it think it would be cool.
    I was wondering about co-op myself, I think if done like Dark Souls it could be pretty sweet . It could be good if e.g when you explore areas you can find sat phones about but they are rare like bobbleheads, they could even give you perks . Once you have collected one you can summon a friend or random person who has also found one, after one use they break so you only use in dire situations ( no buying or trading them )

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Obsidian Writes the story and lore, and sidequests so the writing isn't batshit pants-on-head retarded.

Todd Howard is not allowed to open his mouth at all in public during development.

screenshots i took on my PC

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...DB91DE892D72E/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...FF6BF2A749C8F/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...088EF6F57EF8E/
    The game looks a lot more realistic on PC for sure, as for the story it would be cool if it was a bit more gritty .

illegal in 9 countries

An enormous amount of framerate-crippling, console-crashing, soul-destroying bugs. I can't wait to get that in spades

Truthfully, AI that doesn't get itself stuck in walls or buried waste-deep in the terrain would be handy. They were only ever useful as mules, but they sucked so hard in F3 that it was significantly easier to play solo.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

You don't need to show me screenshots because I own it for PC and I still do not find the graphics to be all that great. They are lots of browns and greys and the greens are not overly that great either. I would just like to see the colours pop instead of everything look so bleak and lifeless. Even the characters just seem fake and stiff like mannequins or lifeless zombies.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    An enormous amount of framerate-crippling, console-crashing, soul-destroying bugs. I can't wait to get that in spades

Truthfully, AI that doesn't get itself stuck in walls or buried waste-deep in the terrain would be handy. They were only ever useful as mules, but they sucked so hard in F3 that it was significantly easier to play solo.
    I don't really care about glitches when playing, its the frame rate drops that put me off but it would be great if you had none .

Still the Chocobo

I still need to play FO3 & NV BUT I did hear about how things were for Skyrim/FO3 on PS3 and I just hope that Beth actually cares and produces a solid game all around.

I really like the scrap metal parts idea. I don't know how to fully realize it but some sort of crafting system would be great. Making stuff to help you survive would be pretty deep.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    Exactly what I was about to type. I don't like it in games where it's easier to aim via strafing than actual aiming.

I just want more of the same. I like the multiple companions from New Vegas (one human, one animal/robot), so hope that continues.

I'd actually like to see a better inventory management system. With Fallout and Skyrim, half of the game is managing your inventory and your weight, which becomes a major drag. It'd be great if you could make 'loot options', so it auto-looted enemies you killed and walked near and only looted items you set as relevant (ammo/food/meds, better armor, etc).

A better saving mechanic would also be great, yet with so many states of items to save, I can't really see how they can reduce the constant increase in the save file's size, which leads to slow loads and corruption.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Platinum Dohvakiin

I know I'm in the minority here, but i just found both FO3 and FO: NV to be both blan to look at generic games, masked behind a shit ton of fetch quest. I'm having a hard time trying to think of one character in either one of those games i actually liked.
    So for me, I'd ask for a story that's actually worth playing and sidequest that are not boiled down to. Go to this location to meet this person, who before they will help you. Will send you to location B to get this item, for you to take to location C, so some guy can give you something to take back to Person B, so they can give you whatever item to take back to Person A. Which then unlocks a new location just so you can keep repeating the same damn fetch quest just with different people and items.
    My wish list, a game with a compelling story; side quest that are not just really long fetch quest in disguise. A game where the only bugs in it, are meant to be i.e. rad roaches or whatever. Not because the programers were just to lazy to fix them because they add character.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here, but i just found both FO3 and FO: NV to be both blan to look at generic games, masked behind a shit ton of fetch quest. I'm having a hard time trying to think of one character in either one of those games i actually liked.
    So for me, I'd ask for a story that's actually worth playing and sidequest that are not boiled down to. Go to this location to meet this person, who before they will help you. Will send you to location B to get this item, for you to take to location C, so some guy can give you something to take back to Person B, so they can give you whatever item to take back to Person A. Which then unlocks a new location just so you can keep repeating the same damn fetch quest just with different people and items.
    My wish list, a game with a compelling story; side quest that are not just really long fetch quest in disguise. A game where the only bugs in it, are meant to be i.e. rad roaches or whatever. Not because the programers were just to lazy to fix them because they add character.
    Its true what you are saying, I never really loved the story in any RPG its the open world I love . When you play an RPG for the very first time and don't have a clue whats out there, it is amazing, I can spend hour after hour without doing a single mission, just roaming about exploring.

The first time you approach a city/town is awesome, you don't know if its friendly or hostile, finding hidden tunnels and all sorts of shit, that kind of thing is what makes these games special for me, don't get me wrong a killer story would be amazing too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast