Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

4 PS3's in 3 days!!! OMFG! WTF? Lol

This is a discussion on 4 PS3's in 3 days!!! OMFG! WTF? Lol within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Colonel_King I'm a Assistant Manager at ebgames Canada and there's absolutely no satisfaction warranty here, so the ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_King View Post
    I'm a Assistant Manager at ebgames Canada and there's absolutely no satisfaction warranty here, so the policies are probably different in your country.
    Fucking brutal. The Gamestops/EBGames here offer the satisfaction guarantee. I've used it several times. I will say that before EB was acquired by GS, they didn't have the same policy as each other.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Deathless Destroyer

Wow, I'm only on my 2nd PS3 after 6 and a half years. My first one (60GB "Fat" since Nov 06') lasted until late September last year, a couple of days before I joined this forum [and my parents blamed me for breaking it when I knew it was on its way out a few months before it happened (and I cleaned it with a slightly wet cloth every 1 or 2 weeks, also it never came up with an overheating error even though when I use it it's for basically 12 hrs - but that's a story for another time)] which was then "replaced" by a 120GB slim I had in a box since early 2012 but never used until then.

Hope your 4th system fairs well for the next few years
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Chocobo Master

Sorry but a PS3 Slim or Super Slim causing you that drama is kinda hard to believe.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_BiNmAn View Post
    I'm on my 4th PS3 since thursday night lol.And have got to say its been the worst 3 days i've has for a long time.
    For the last few weeks my 160gb slim has been playing up and unable to read discs.I've has it apart twice to clean lens but to no avail.So I decided to trade it(for half value due to it not working properly)towards a brand new 500gb super slim in red.Wow i thought.but I soon discovered that due to the new design(top loaders)they are extremely fucking loud and had to turn my TV way too loud to drown the sound of the disc drive out ffs.So I decided to take it back the next day and get my money back.
    They said as it wasn't broken they would only give me pre-owned value for it 200 quid(it cost 260 only 20 hrs prior)so I accepted and got a 320gb slim,happy days i thought,until I tried it only to find it wouldn't play anything,not even fucking dvd's ffs!!!
    So this morning I took it back and swapped it for ANOTHER 320gb slim,which,at the moment atleast seems to be working fine.
    So........since thursday I've been the owner of 4 seoerate PS3's and I think,GAMES most regular customer lol.

Anyone else had any similar problems ?
    my mate had worse than that from GAME, a couple of times he bought a pre-owned xbox 360, took it home and got RROD straight away LMAO

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    Sorry but a PS3 Slim or Super Slim causing you that drama is kinda hard to believe.
    This. I own one of the very first Slim models and it never failed me so far.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i have a fat since 2009 and so far so good, and i'm expecting it to last a couple more years, bad luck or you...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've only recently had problems with the lens on my PS3 Slim, but after some internal cleaning, its up and running again Otherwise, its been running fine for over 3 years
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm on my 3rd PS3 since 2009. First one was a 40 GB fatty and stopped reading discs 6 months after having it. It stopped working when I got GTA 4, I was PISSED! Sent it in, got a new one. October 2010, it got the YLOD and then got "LOST" when we were moving. I'm on my third one now which is a 160 GB Slim. Got it Christmas 2011 and it has this problem where if I turn it off while I'm playing a game or on the PS Store or something, it has to restart the system when I turn it on again. It isn't a problem though because it doesn't have to restart entirely. But it annoys me when I have to look for my controllers USB, plug in the controller, press the PS button twice and it starts normally. It's annoying.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovich777 View Post
    This. I own one of the very first Slim models and it never failed me so far.
    I had sold my PS3 which was 3yrs (just like yours). The guy that had bought didn't give me a negative feedback or nothing. Within those 3 yrs, I had used a laser cleaner and a can of air on it every 2 months. Never had any issues with it. Plus it was well ventilated.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have one of the 500gb Super slims and I love it. It can be noisy but not nearly as loud as you say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12