Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

4 PS3's in 3 days!!! OMFG! WTF? Lol

This is a discussion on 4 PS3's in 3 days!!! OMFG! WTF? Lol within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm on my 4th PS3 since thursday night lol.And have got to say its been the worst 3 days i've ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

4 PS3's in 3 days!!! OMFG! WTF? Lol

I'm on my 4th PS3 since thursday night lol.And have got to say its been the worst 3 days i've has for a long time.
    For the last few weeks my 160gb slim has been playing up and unable to read discs.I've has it apart twice to clean lens but to no avail.So I decided to trade it(for half value due to it not working properly)towards a brand new 500gb super slim in red.Wow i thought.but I soon discovered that due to the new design(top loaders)they are extremely fucking loud and had to turn my TV way too loud to drown the sound of the disc drive out ffs.So I decided to take it back the next day and get my money back.
    They said as it wasn't broken they would only give me pre-owned value for it 200 quid(it cost 260 only 20 hrs prior)so I accepted and got a 320gb slim,happy days i thought,until I tried it only to find it wouldn't play anything,not even fucking dvd's ffs!!!
    So this morning I took it back and swapped it for ANOTHER 320gb slim,which,at the moment atleast seems to be working fine.
    So........since thursday I've been the owner of 4 seoerate PS3's and I think,GAMES most regular customer lol.

Anyone else had any similar problems ?

Forget I Was Ever Here

I have 2 PS3 consoles the fatty from release and a slim i bought 2 years ago and i run my fatty about 16 hours a day and no problems yet!!! it lasted me the entire generation life cycle so far

Sorry for your loss that sucks to hear though good luck with the one you have now…So if you buy something used you don't try it out before you leave the store? This is why I NEVER buy USED items

It is time for me to go underground

Buy my book, Alteration

The only PS3-switch I had to make was when my old 80 GB fatty ran too tight on memory space, now I have a 250 GB super-slim. There's been issues, but no PS3 has failed on me yet.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Ice Cream Firefighter

I'm an Electronics Boutique (Gamestop) manager and I have to say that your store seen you coming, if you still had the receipt they should have given you a full refund and not trade in price for the 500GB console when you brought it back as most gaming stores have a 30 guarantee that if you don't like it, you get your money back.

Overall we as people should take proper care of our consoles don't just place them and play, unplug it dust vacuum the vents (fatboys) and turn them off properly when finished with them, get a dust cover as well....wise investment. I do this and i'm still on my first PS3 not bragging or nothing.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_BiNmAn View Post
    I'm on my 4th PS3 since thursday night lol.And have got to say its been the worst 3 days i've has for a long time.
    For the last few weeks my 160gb slim has been playing up and unable to read discs.I've has it apart twice to clean lens but to no avail.So I decided to trade it(for half value due to it not working properly)towards a brand new 500gb super slim in red.Wow i thought.but I soon discovered that due to the new design(top loaders)they are extremely fucking loud and had to turn my TV way too loud to drown the sound of the disc drive out ffs.So I decided to take it back the next day and get my money back.
    They said as it wasn't broken they would only give me pre-owned value for it 200 quid(it cost 260 only 20 hrs prior)so I accepted and got a 320gb slim,happy days i thought,until I tried it only to find it wouldn't play anything,not even fucking dvd's ffs!!!
    So this morning I took it back and swapped it for ANOTHER 320gb slim,which,at the moment atleast seems to be working fine.
    So........since thursday I've been the owner of 4 seoerate PS3's and I think,GAMES most regular customer lol.

Anyone else had any similar problems ?
    Sorry but I don't believe you
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 2 - Bronze

That sucks.

I still have my original PS3 I bought in 2008. I installed a bigger HDD and a skin to protect it (and make it look pretty) and it still runs great. I spray it out with canned air and dust it every week, I'm sure that helps.

If possible I would go somewhere else from now on. Returning a console after one day of use to exchange for another one because you feel it's too loud is not unreasonable.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Considering you traded in one of those because "it was too loud" I find your whole story hard to believe. So no, it's never happened to me.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Huh that sucks
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wow sorry to hear about your case of bad luck bro but i have never heard of something like that before. Hopefully, you'll be able to keep this one longer than 24 hours

Platinum Procrastinator

I've never had that bad of luck and I hope I don't. I've got two PS3's and I've never had any problems with either of them although I barely ever use my second one.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

I had the first fatty and I got the yellow light of death, and bought the slim verison...which played fine, lost a lot of data from the first ps...but then a few months into it started acting up turning on and off on its own...

i sent it in to Sony, due to the hard drive crashing and got it back a few days later..two weeks in to it the hard drive crashes again..and I kick the shit out it...

i ended up trading my 360 to my brother for his ps3 and that's what I've been using...I keep ventilated and dust free...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

The One and Only

Well damn, that's some shit luck there. Hopefully you won't have to get another PS3 too soon.

And I've only gotten one PS3, and it still works three years later. Hopefully it lasts.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

got my first fat 40gb ps3 at the start of 2008 worked fine till start of 2012 when it crashed due to ylod. repaired it for 80 bucks bought a new 320gb slim transferred my data over and sold the fatty for 150.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Seriously dude? well I only switch mine last year which was in april when my slim died on me.

Threat

Where the hell did you buy these from?
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    i run my fatty about 16 hours a day and no problems yet!!! it lasted me the entire generation life cycle so far
    What the hell?! 16 hours a day?! I'd hate to see your household's electricity bill!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    My thought exactly but yeah getting one bad one is a bit rare, getting four is just ridiculous

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    He got them from GAME.

He's in the UK.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Commander McBadass

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I'm an Electronics Boutique (Gamestop) manager and I have to say that your store seen you coming, if you still had the receipt they should have given you a full refund and not trade in price for the 500GB console when you brought it back as most gaming stores have a 30 guarantee that if you don't like it, you get your money back.

Overall we as people should take proper care of our consoles don't just place them and play, unplug it dust vacuum the vents (fatboys) and turn them off properly when finished with them, get a dust cover as well....wise investment. I do this and i'm still on my first PS3 not bragging or nothing.
    I'm a Assistant Manager at ebgames Canada and there's absolutely no satisfaction warranty here, so the policies are probably different in your country.

My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM

Lvl 4 - Silver

had an original 120gb slim for a few years, then it couldnt read discs and got a 160gb slim, probably will be getting another one soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast