Bioshock Infinite.What did you think to it????

This is a discussion on Bioshock Infinite.What did you think to it???? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Personally I tired of it after the first 4 hours of playing it. I was really looking forward to it ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bioshock Infinite.What did you think to it????

Personally I tired of it after the first 4 hours of playing it.
    I was really looking forward to it aswell,alot of anticipation on my part,but I feel totally let dont now.
    Its sooooo repetetive,the AI sucks and is,imo the worst Bioshock game of the franchise.

The plasmids(tonics)are poor,and the weapons dont have any bollocks to them,they all feel the same.
    Enemies just run towards you whether they are armed with guns or melee weapons and the sky lines are massively disappointing,they dont do what they looked like they were gunna do in early videos.They just feel tacked on.

I loved Bioshock,Bioshock 2 was pretty good,but Bioshock Infinite just sucks imo.
    Anyone else feel let down or did/do you love it?

Buy my book, Alteration

I played the 60 minute trial and as an avid BioShock fan, I think it is pretty amazing myself.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

INTJ

seems like someone just wanted to play a bioshock just for the combat.

the writing is the main focus. it aint going to be CoD 720 noscope combat.

Also the combat was well done for me anyway. you didn't really need to add anything into it imo

The only plasmid i mained was possession, the rest were varied between fire, crows, or that ram one. I skyhooked all the time in the combat and used Eli's warp shit too.

Change is mediocre

I completely disagree with every single point you've just made. I honestly think that people that don't like the gameplay are playing it wrong. Tonics and sky-lines were incredibly fun to utilize and spiced up the gun fights heaps. The writing is great too, all of these reasons are why I think Infinite is not only the best BioShock game, but one of the best current generation games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

LOVED IT. Had a ton of fun, even playing the 1999 mode! I was not disappointed one tiny bit. Easily one of the best most satisfying games I've played!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_BiNmAn View Post
    Personally I tired of it after the first 4 hours of playing it.
    I was really looking forward to it aswell,alot of anticipation on my part,but I feel totally let dont now.
    Its sooooo repetetive,the AI sucks and is,imo the worst Bioshock game of the franchise.
    Hmmm, using the environment more so than ever - having mobs that distractions are as effective a weapon as any, are considered repetitive? To each their own. The AI is the worst yet? When was the AI ever better in a Bioshock? Big daddies and little sisters would run at you with reckless abandon, the melee-centric splicers ran at you and did the exact same lame sidestep as every other splicer. At least here the AI used to cover effectively and used teamwork when possible. I felt that each of the "mini-boss" type mobs also worked extremely well for their strengths and pushed the player in the direction of being more strategic than your standard cover/shoot affair (although that method works as well).

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_BiNmAn View Post
    The plasmids(tonics)are poor,and the weapons dont have any bollocks to them,they all feel the same.
    Enemies just run towards you whether they are armed with guns or melee weapons and the sky lines are massively disappointing,they dont do what they looked like they were gunna do in early videos.They just feel tacked on.

I loved Bioshock,Bioshock 2 was pretty good,but Bioshock Infinite just sucks imo.
    Anyone else feel let down or did/do you love it?
    The tonics all had multiple functions and many of them worked well with others, you had offensive and trap options for most, others worked as space creators or purely defensive means. The diversity of the tonics was quite strong considering there were only 8 of them with a dual function for each.

The skylines were an intricate part of the world itself and functioned much better than I could have anticipated. I am glad that they didn't create simple string like attacks towards enemies and that in order to use them to their maximum efficiency you needed to utilize your gear to the best of it's abilities, just like if you wanted a critical, melee, defensive or scavenger set-up you'd need to have the gear to make it work best. I am curious as to what you meant by the earlier videos: maybe post one, since I don't remember anything being radically different in their execution.

The game was anything but a let down, and was one of my favorite experiences of this generation, and just as deep as my first time playing the original Bioshock in the satisfaction and atmosphere department. The story was aces, and the entire open to interpretation ending is something that let's you carry on the experience long after the controller is down. Sorry you hated it, but I think you're nitpicking and not seeing the elements that are this game's exceptional strengths.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

After reading the other posts, yeah, I'm not gonna bother, they said it well.
    Your focus was probably combat and not story. At first I thought the AI was bad but actually enemies are (understandably) less suicidal than Splicers, and they take cover and try to flush you out. Skylines gave combat more depth and Gear can give you an immense advantage on harder difficulties.

The game obviously doesn't feel as "innovative" as Rapture was, but once again that wasn't the main focus of the developers, as you can see how Booker doesn't look very impressed himself by the city. Remember it was not a secret place like Rapture anyway.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted