is knife of dunwall worth buying

This is a discussion on is knife of dunwall worth buying within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i rarely buy dlc as i dont have a credit card and have ro ask my parents for theirs and ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

is knife of dunwall worth buying

i rarely buy dlc as i dont have a credit card and have ro ask my parents for theirs and they count that as me buying one game so i only buy dlcs which are really worth it and very good eg undead nightmare. i loved dishonored alot so i really wanna get this dlc but is it really worth it. how long is the dlc both lethal and non lethal playthrough together also is it worth playing overall.

Lord of all Goat-Men

There are these wonderful new things on the internet - gaming websites, some call them - that periodically publish what those in the know refer to as 'reviews'. These 'reviews' critically analyse both games and DLC, providing an analysis, commentary, and often a score, which hip consumers sometimes use to decide whether or not a financial transaction to acquire said games and DLC is fiscally responsible.

Here, let me help.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    There are these wonderful new things on the internet - gaming websites, some call them - that periodically publish what those in the know refer to as 'reviews'. These 'reviews' critically analyse both games and DLC, providing an analysis, commentary, and often a score, which hip consumers sometimes use to decide whether or not a financial transaction to acquire said games and DLC is fiscally responsible.

Here, let me help.
    Maybe he wants opinions of other gamers from this website. I can't imagine why with people like you though.

PSN 100%
    Braid - Deathspank - Super Stardust HD

Lvl 6 - Silver

Here, let me help.
    Holy shit I never knew Google could do that. Really that is kinda neat.

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by SpagetiMonster View Post
    Maybe he wants opinions of other gamers from this website. I can't imagine why with people like you though.
    It's better to search for your own answer first then posting a thread that will take up space on the server. Unless you want to donate to the site for a bigger server then by all means.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

like spagetimonster said i want opinion of ppl on this forum i have seen the ofn review already but i rarely trust heir reviews as for me not donatig to the site i woild love to but once again i dont have a credit card and my parents will never allow

Rangers F.C

I am looking forward to the GOTY edition, I played this game on release and loved it but it was a rental from Lovefilm . Once the GOTY edition is out I think I will go for the platinum . On topic the Dunwall DLC got a decent review and looks good .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Chocobo Master

If you trust people opinion about a game then why not google and find real articles of people that gets paid to review games.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Allow me to give you what you came here for instead of spouting a bunch of preachy bullshit; my opinion: the DLC is worth buying. I just finished it the other day and that was just my high chaos playthru. I probably spent 4-5 hours on that one playthru, so as far as getting your money's worth versus hours you definitely can with this DLC if you plan on getting all the trophies for it. You could probably get about 10 hours of gameplay out of this DLC by doing the low chaos and high chaos playthrus. I enjoyed playing it. I haven't had much to play recently so I was happy to d/l this and earn some trophies.

Lvl 7 - Gold

some people dont care about reviews done by those guys who get put down on metacritic

some people are more interested in user reviews and i guess op want to see what our forum thinks about it rather then some other forum or website

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    Allow me to give you what you came here for instead of spouting a bunch of preachy bullshit; my opinion: the DLC is worth buying. I just finished it the other day and that was just my high chaos playthru. I probably spent 4-5 hours on that one playthru, so as far as getting your money's worth versus hours you definitely can with this DLC if you plan on getting all the trophies for it. You could probably get about 10 hours of gameplay out of this DLC by doing the low chaos and high chaos playthrus. I enjoyed playing it. I haven't had much to play recently so I was happy to d/l this and earn some trophies.
    thanks alot i trust trophy hunters opinions as they go for trophies and i count that as gameplay time some ppl on metacritic said its 2-3hrs long. guess i am getting it thx

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wow some people are fucking dicks, the guy wants to know what people on this forum think about a DLC, remember its a gaming forum we discuss that kinda thing y'know?

I'm also on the fence, I saw a review and wasn't too sure apparently the story is lacking but the gameplay is fun. Its hard to say but it looks like you'll have fun playing it but won't be much behind it.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 9 - Gold

im waiting on the game of the year ed as well (as it will save money overall). i liked the game, platted it and sold it for the same price i bought it for!! Go easy on the guy you ppl are in a gaming site and are slamming this guy when he's asking a simple Q just answer it and be done or dont post at all......

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden View Post
    Wow some people are fucking dicks, the guy wants to know what people on this forum think about a DLC, remember its a gaming forum we discuss that kinda thing y'know?

I'm also on the fence, I saw a review and wasn't too sure apparently the story is lacking but the gameplay is fun. Its hard to say but it looks like you'll have fun playing it but won't be much behind it.

Yep, we're are dicks and proud of it.

All because he asked for an opinion about a game should not be a factor on if he should get a game. If he does get it then what's stopping him from saying it was awful if he doesn't like it.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lord of all Goat-Men

Doesn't trust reviews, does trust strangers on the internet. That makes sense.

Chocobo Master

And a gaming forum can be trusted?

Find any old thread that ask the question about easy platinums.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Review sites can not always be trusted, Faust.
    Less trustworthy than faceless, nameless 'people' on internet forums?

I don't see how getting the opinion of strangers in a forum can be more reliable. You can only get two answers: Buy it, or don't buy it.
    For example, I hated Dishonored - ergo, my opinion is don't buy the DLC. How is that helpful?
    Unless someone here seriously takes the time to sit down and write out a well-reasoned response, outlining why the DLC is great and a worthwhile purchase, ie a REVIEW, then asking 'opinions' is pointless.

Splee009's reply was the longest. This is what he said.
    "It's 8-10 hrs long with two playthroughs. You get trophies. I had fun."
    If you genuinely consider that helpful information, then more power to you.

If it doesn't, and you want to know about, say, the story, the characters, the missions and their structure, how it fits into the wider narrative, whether the magic of the original game is carried over, then you want a REVIEW.

Read 3 reviews (IGN, Giantbomb, Kotaku, Destructoid, or Gamespot are your best bets) then form your own opinion, drawing on the information and opinions offered in those reviews. If you're a nutbag that thinks all reviews are bought and paid for in an industry rife with with corruption and backdoor dealings, then there's no helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    And a gaming forum can be trusted?

Find any old thread that ask the question about easy platinums.
    "Demon's Souls is an easy plat - I did it with my eyes closed and my hands stapled to my asshole."

Local Drunk

Whoa everyone in here needs to have a and calm down a bit.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

INTJ

Here, let me help.
    implying anyone trusts reviewers

i heard they recycled alot of content they shown in early screenshots and then cut out of the game. didnt get a chance to play it.