Darksiders franchise purchased

This is a discussion on Darksiders franchise purchased within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm glad to see that the Darksiders franchise has been purchased. So hopefully we will see the conclusion of the ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Darksiders franchise purchased

I'm glad to see that the Darksiders franchise has been purchased. So hopefully we will see the conclusion of the series and hoping the newest developer will do this franchise justice

[top]Darksiders, Red Faction, MX vs ATV Purchased by Nordic Games

[top]THQ’s last assets find new homes.

by Andrew Goldfarb
    April 22, 2013

THQ’s remaining assets including Darksiders, Red Faction, MX vs. ATV and more have found new homes. According to THQ, three buyers spent a total of $6.55 million on the company’s remaining assets, subject to court approval.
    THQ expects the court to finalize the sales by May 13th.
    Update: Nordic Games CEO Lars Wingefors has released the following statement:
    “First and foremost we are very happy about this deal which also turns over a new leaf for the entire Nordic Games Group. In the long term, we either want to cooperate with the original creators or best possible developers in order to work on sequels or additional content for these titles. A very important point for us is not to dash into several self-financed multi-million dollar projects right away, but rather to continue our in-depth analysis of all titles and carefully selecting different financing models for developing new installments of acquired IPs."

Darksiders, Red Faction, MX vs ATV Purchased by Nordic Games - IGN

Damn those prices are some great franchises for that price tag

Korean Girl Group Groupie

The question everybody asked as soon as this news broke was: "Who the heck is Nordic Games?" After seeing their business model, and games that they have handled, I don't think this could have ended up in a worse group. I expect shoddy games, if any, to come out of this - and wonder if they even plan on making anything with these titles or plan on selling them for a profit.

I can't say I'm too happy with the results, especially for the Darksiders franchise which was a fairly breakout title this generation. Marvel Super Hero Squad is probably on it's way to extinction, and the only other title I would be interested in would be Summoner which hasn't seen the light of day in over 10 years.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

No Game No Life

Who the heck is Nordic Games? It's good that Darksiders is already purchased but who the heck are those guys?

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Who the heck is Nordic Games? It's good that Darksiders is already purchased but who the heck are those guys?
    I would like to know the same. :stare:

Who are these people? Any notable games?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I was kinda hoping for SONY to acquire the likes of Darksiders and Red Faction. But another disappointing outcome. At least we might see the next Darksiders either way. I never put much thought behind Summoner because like you said more than 10 years. I didn't even know that THQ was behind those games.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

They basically use subsidiary companies to publish games. Their most notable accomplishments are Sam and Max: Year 1, and the PC port of Alan Wake. The rest of their library is a collection of "what the fuck is this shit?" Swedish born, Vienna based, they're a major wildcard. Many felt they overspent for what they bought, but who knows what will happen. Like I said, you'd almost wish Activision or EA ended up with these, because at least they'd do something with the franchises.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)