Capcom Teases Okami Announcement For Next Week

This is a discussion on Capcom Teases Okami Announcement For Next Week within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Capcom has revealed that an Okami announcement will be coming next week, leading to speculation that the game could be ...

PRO Member

Capcom Teases Okami Announcement For Next Week

Capcom has revealed that an Okami announcement will be coming next week, leading to speculation that the game could be released on new platforms or a sequel could be in the works.
    The below tweet came from the official game Twitter account which, according toGematsu, translates as, "Hello, this is Okami news. Sorry I’ve been kind of out of touch lately, but I have the feeling we’ll be able to drop a fresh announcement like WHAM! around the beginning of Golden Week, so please look forward to it. Right now we’re on track with preparations."

大神 絶景版(公式) @OKAMI_CAP
    こんにちは!最近ちょっとご無沙汰している大神ニュースですが、GW明けくらいには新しいお知らせをドカン!と投下できる気がしていますので、楽しみにお待ちくださいね。 現在、着々と準備中。運営壱も、とってもワクワクしています…!#OKAMI
    10:56 PM - 17 Apr 2013

For those not up to date with Japanese public holidays, this year Golden Week takes place between April 29 and May 5. In news that may or may not be related, Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu is also teasing (via CVG) a, "new game to bring fans tears of happiness" in its next issue, though it's not clear if this is a reference to Okami.
    Originally developed for the Wii by Clover Studios, a DS sequel called Okamiden was released in 2010, while Okami HD was remastered for the PSN late last year.
    What do you reckon? Would you like to see a new Okami game, or is it about time the legendary wolf god came to other platforms? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 4 - Silver

While another sequel would be cool, I have a feeling the announcement will be that they are simply porting the first one over to the Vita. The Vita's touchscreen would certainly work well for it anyway.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Plats-O'-War!!

Seeing that Okami's on the EU PSN, it would be kool for it to finally be in the US PSN. Or, as a retail game, either way, I'll be excited to play it since I never played Okami before.

PRO Member

i own both PS2 and HD Okami's...i hope its a sequel or a port over for Okamiden to the PS3...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

would love to hear they are going to release a retail copy as opposed to the only option being a digital download. I want to pick up the game yet again(I also own and have completed it on the Wii and the PS2), but what's stopped me so far with the PS3 release is I'm not a much of a fan when it comes to buying digital content...

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

PRO Member

I'm hoping the 'game that will bring tears to fans' is finally the new Dragon Ball game

Lvl 8 - Gold

A new Okami game? Yes, please.

PRO Member

What are your thoughts that Capcom will announce..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecks13 View Post
    What are your thoughts that Capcom will announce..
    Besides Okami? ONIMUSHA!!!!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Seeing that Okami's on the EU PSN, it would be kool for it to finally be in the US PSN. Or, as a retail game, either way, I'll be excited to play it since I never played Okami before.
    holy crap you mean we actually have something America doesn't?

that's a first lol

Lvl 4 - Silver

I really want a sequel for Okami but I would also love to see a port for the Vita

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've been hoping for Okami Hd on the Vita that would be cool. But I don't mind if it's a new game or a port of Okamiden to the PS3 or Vita. I will be happy with any news they give us. I'm so looking forward to this announcement, I love Okami.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.