Deadly Premonition: The directors cut , anyone played it ?

This is a discussion on Deadly Premonition: The directors cut , anyone played it ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I tried to do a search but never found any reviews, anyway I got this game coming tomorrow and would ...

Rangers F.C

Deadly Premonition: The directors cut , anyone played it ?

I tried to do a search but never found any reviews, anyway I got this game coming tomorrow and would like to hear a bit about it . I have already heard it is wacky and amazing but in what ways, I tried to get a review off IGN but there was none and it had no IGN score, the gamer score was 9.5 Amazing.

I nearly bought this game years ago but it looked to insane and crap so I passed
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

NSFW

Well, the Director's Cut is first out tomorrow, but I did play the original. It certainly appeals to a very niche audience. The "Weird-so-crap-it's-good-psychological-silent-hill-ripoff-horror" type of game. The controls were godawful, but I think they have fixed it in this new version. The main focus, however, should be on the story. It's weird and hilarious at the same time, and actually pretty damn enticing. I say look up some cutscenes and gameplay footage and decide for yourself. I got this game preordered, and I expect great things.

EDIT: It's also worthy of note that this game has an undeniable amount of charm, that I've just have not seen in other games. It's also a lot like Twin Peaks.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

INTJ

oh shit i forgot all about it

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Well, the Director's Cut is first out tomorrow, but I did play the original. It certainly appeals to a very niche audience. The "Weird-so-crap-it's-good-psychological-silent-hill-ripoff-horror" type of game. The controls were godawful, but I think they have fixed it in this new version. The main focus, however, should be on the story. It's weird and hilarious at the same time, and actually pretty damn enticing. I say look up some cutscenes and gameplay footage and decide for yourself. I got this game preordered, and I expect great things.

EDIT: It's also worthy of note that this game has an undeniable amount of charm, that I've just have not seen in other games. It's also a lot like Twin Peaks.
    I got it from Lovefilm, it says at home already so this normally means I get it the next . If it is good I plan on buying it .

Lvl 9 - Gold

I was wondering the same, it seems to get a lot of mixed reviews but at the same time user scores and reviews are for the most part really good. I guess it's that "love it or hate it" kinda game. Definitely gonna buy it when I can afford it.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Rangers F.C

This game is a heap of fun, it has crashed every time in the opening cut scene

Hmm, it is still crashing, have tried to skip the cut scene and it crashes because of the skip lol, I am trying to re-install the game data again .................... not good

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    This game is a heap of fun, it has crashed every time in the opening cut scene

Hmm, it is still crashing, have tried to skip the cut scene and it crashes because of the skip lol, I am trying to re-install the game data again .................... not good
    I'm just wondering how you're playing it. The SEN Store has just put my pre-order 5 days into the future. Sony you fucking liars!

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I'm just wondering how you're playing it. The SEN Store has just put my pre-order 5 days into the future. Sony you fucking liars!
    On disk ( Lovefilm ), I re-installed the game data and its working fine, its a fucking weird game I don't know yet if I hate it or love it .

Rangers F.C

The first 20 mins of this game made me think, what the the fuck was I thinking . Now after a couple hours I have a big cheesy on my face and cant stop laughing at the game, its like Silent Hill on acid .

NSFW

On disk ( Lovefilm ), I re-installed the game data and its working fine, its a fucking weird game I don't know yet if I hate it or love it .
    The first 20 mins of this game made me think, what the the fuck was I thinking . Now after a couple hours I have a big cheesy on my face and cant stop laughing at the game, its like Silent Hill on acid .
    Aaahh.... The natural cycle of someone playing DP for the first time.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.