Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Platinums that u quit on

This is a discussion on Platinums that u quit on within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ummm on this account? LOL none. I hope to keep it that way....

Vive La Révelation!

Ummm on this account? LOL none. I hope to keep it that way.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't know about giving up entirely on a game, but I have some games that I really can't be bothered platinuming because there are elements that have made them either too frustrating = Unenjoyable, or it's been so long since I played them I forgot what I need to do to finish them and can't be bothered.

Assassin's Creed 2 - suffered trophy glitches with this, earned 6 trophies which didn't pop, not risking a 2nd playthough for it to still happen.
    LBP1 & 2 - love the games, but ridiculously long loading times to play someone's level and then bad lag issues when playing with another when they do load, makes much of the game a pain.
    Batman AA -Can't be bothered learning the combat moves well enough to beat the challenges.
    Red Faction Guerilla - got this bargain basement and never got into it.
    Dead Nation - Free game, just can't be bothered.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Final Fantasy XIII (though I plan to at least finish the story someday)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Fallout 3
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Prince of Persia
    and everything I've actually gotten rid of without platting it first.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have only given up on two platinums and thats MLB 09 the Show and MLB 10 the show and thats only because they cut down the servers and physically cant get the online trophies. But other than that i believe myself to be a true trophy hunter so I have all my games still and besides those two i will platinum all my games. and for all of you who are too worried about Batman Arkham Asylum, you should send me a message or get with me on psn and i will give you tips because it was a piece of cake once i nailed the combat strategies that you have to use for each mission

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I gave up on Black Ops when TWICE I completed the missions on veteran and none of the trophies popped up.

I can't and won't be bothered to try tha! again!

Lvl 4 - Silver

MLB '09 and '10 because the servers cut, Splatterhouse because it glitched and I can't physically get a photo piece I need to complete it, we all know about Fight Night Round 4, Street Fighter IV and MK because it's just not worth it and Heavy Rain because that was the most boring piece of crap "game" I've played in a while. All others I'll go back for at some point.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I gave up on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and GTA IV. I just get tired of grinding the multiplayer.

PRO Member

I never give up! I just come back at a later date, lol. I would say I will never play/given up on Brutal Legend and Fallout...couldn't get into those games and was misinformed on Brutal Legend...originally thought it was a hack and slash. I hate RTSs.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

Lemme see there is quite a few (hanging head in shame)
    LBP 1 & 2
    Star Ocean The last hope
    Trinity Universe
    COD MW2
    Assassin's creed Brotherhood
    Final Fantasy XIII

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Vanquish, for now. It fails to keep me interested but I hope to go back to clean it up one day.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

PRO Member

Gran Turismo 5

The Vettel Challenge made this game so not fun for me. Why was this even in the game? After seeing how ridiculous and insane that challenge was, I never played the game again. Wasn't worth my time. To all that platted this game with a DS3, I salute you!

ybt
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Warhawk! cuz I have a life!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Call of Duty: World at War
    Dead Space
    Fallout 3
    Bulletstorm
    LittleBigPlanet
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    Transformers: War for Cybertron
    Medal of Honor - need one more trophy
    Singularity
    Toy Story 3: The Video Game - need one more trophy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBiscuit View Post
    I gave up on Black Ops when TWICE I completed the missions on veteran and none of the trophies popped up.

I can't and won't be bothered to try tha! again!
    You need to delete your save file and game data utility. It happened to me, i played it and beat it and got all the vet trophies but it didn't give me the trophy BLACK OP MASTER at the end of the game so i deleted everything and replayed it and got it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sadly i have just One that's Elemental Monster for the online, is not a bad game but online is dead, and also have to pay for tickets to play online...

Pay money for playing a dead online where you have to get 100 wins... NO WAY, if i knew that when i downloaded i wouldn't added to my list of games.

Others? well Street Fighter IV is really hard and didn't like it, i wanted to feel a classic SF and this is doesn't have that, also with SSFIV around who cares for SFIV?, might give it a try again after i finish more games i have lot to do.

i'd like to erase these 2 games but well...

Lvl 6 - Silver

VANQUISH would be the big one for me. And it's a shame too. I have all the trophies in it and completed all the Challenges except the final one. Took me forever to get past Challenge 4 and I've never been able to get past Challenge 6 - just too insanely difficult. Never, ever seen a challenge or trophy that hard! To make matters worse, my PS3 crashed and the only game save data that I wasn't able to port over to my new system was Bayonetta and Vanquish (interestingly, they're both made by Platinum games - wonder what's up w/ that??). Of course being the glutton for punishment that I am, I'm replaying the whole game again to unlock the challenges so I can frustrate myself with them some more LOL!

Otherwise, I've largely given up on SPORTS CHAMPIONS, as the last 10 or so trophies I need are pretty damn difficult and I'm just not into it anymore.

The honorable mention would be DEAD SPACE : Igniton. Even though there's no plat for it and I only need 1 more trophy, the trophy is for beating the game in under 25min....... And I wouldn't waste 1/2 a second more of my life on that digital dog shit.
    Last edited by DETfaninATL; 11-28-2011 at 08:05 PM.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by FFXOcifferCop View Post
    Also Fallout 3... Im not trynna beat the game 3 different times, 3 different ways.
    u dont have to playthrough the entire game that many times, just make good use of a save point and boom

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan2009 View Post
    and for all of you who are too worried about Batman Arkham Asylum, ............. it was a piece of cake once i nailed the combat strategies that you have to use ...............
    YES. What he said. I gave up on it too at one point, but once you get the hang of the combat down (TIP : DON'T BUTTON MASH - ONE MOVE AT A TIME!) it's crazy fun, you'll feel like a badass and you'll realize Platinum ain't that far away!!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 2 - Bronze

GH Metallica is the only official one. I usually don't sell/trade games until they have been platinum'd but I got rid of that straight up for KZ2 last week long before it was finished... I also don't plan on ever re-visiting the game.

The Incredible Marccap

Larry suit larry - Just a rubbish game
    NBA 2k11 - The controls were abit too weird for me so sold it within a week
    Batman AA - I couldnt get the hang of those challenges

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast