Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Platinums that u quit on

This is a discussion on Platinums that u quit on within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Jakintosh Games I have no interest in ever pursuing platinum/100% in: DJ Hero (80%) - Don't have ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Games I have no interest in ever pursuing platinum/100% in:
    DJ Hero (80%) - Don't have the time/interest to 5* every song on expert
    Warhawk (64%) - Don't have 1000 hours to get to general rank
    Crash Commando (61%) - Got 100%, then really shitty online multiplayer DLC came out and no one plays online, so it was impossible
    Modnation Racers (26%) - The online experience grinding is a major turn off, plus the actual racing isn't that satisfying
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (23%) - Ridiculous online requirements, also I don't like fighting games
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (11%) - Honestly, I don't know why I bought this
    PAIN (0%) - Fuck pain

Anything else you see on my list that isn't at 100% yet is still technically on my to-do list. My back burner is getting quite full
    Lol laughed about your fighting games. You don't like fighting games yet you do buy them? Talk about character..... :p

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    Lol laughed about your fighting games. You don't like fighting games yet you do buy them? Talk about character..... :p
    MvC2 I had gameshared from a friend. He was like, ranting about how awesome it was, so I tried it and immediately regretted the decision. Ironically, it was the same friend who convinced me to buy MvC3... suffice to say, I will just tune him out next time
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I haven't really 'quit' on this one because I mess around with it from time to time and other than this one, I have a perfect platinum streak going, but the Plat for SPORTS CHAMPIONS has become quite a drag for me as I don't really enjoy the game very much anymore and the plat is really damn tough for this game... Sooner or later though I'll add it to the collection.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Retired

I did quit on Dead Nation until recently, today I've earned my first 2 trophies in DN since September of last year, which was 9 months ago, thanks to Bnecker717 on these forums .

Now I only need 3 more trophies. 2 which are hard as freak ....

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    MvC2 I had gameshared from a friend. He was like, ranting about how awesome it was, so I tried it and immediately regretted the decision. Ironically, it was the same friend who convinced me to buy MvC3... suffice to say, I will just tune him out next time
    Lol, so you know what to do.... Scratch that friend from your friendslist... :p

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    I did quit on Dead Nation until recently, today I've earned my first 2 trophies in DN since September of last year, which was 9 months ago, thanks to Bnecker717 on these forums .

Now I only need 3 more trophies. 2 which are hard as freak ....
    Dead Nation...... I would love to have the of this one, but the game is so freaking hard and i suck at it....

ybt
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Nation is not that hard, I did beat it before the patch that made it easier, also I got the trophies for the DLC before they patched it to make it easier than before. so now would be a good time to plat that game, one of the best zombies games on psn!!

EDIT: I gave up on pain and warhawk.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ybt View Post
    Dead Nation is not that hard, I did beat it before the patch that made it easier, also I got the trophies for the DLC before they patched it to make it easier than before. so now would be a good time to plat that game, one of the best zombies games on psn!!

EDIT: I gave up on pain and warhawk.
    What do you mean they had a patch that made it easier? Does it mean you can beat it by yourself or do you still play it best in co op?

My Own Worst Enemy

Infamous (Cause I was missing one freakin shard and have no idea which one)
    Both of the Batman Arkham games. (Cause I rage quit the combat challenges)
    I'm sure there are others and more to come in the future.
    Not to worried about it though if its not fun, I don't need it.(Playing MGS4 now in anticipation of the trophy patch and I still love it.)

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

-kill zone 2 didn't care for online trophies
    -mirrors edge speedrun and time trails meh
    -warhawk 1000 hours +
    -grand theft auto IV online painful
    -james bond 007 a lot of metals and 007 agent missions
    -vanquish challenge number six
    -bulletstorm Anarchy Master

Lvl 1 - Bronze

*sigh* Where to start...

Final Fantasy XIII springs immediately to mind. I'm such a huge fan of the series; I've played (and beaten) every game from I - XII (except III & XI), but XIII was just horrible. Disliked nearly everything about it. I quit after Chapter 9 and didn't touch the game for about 6 months, then came back to it and started over. I did eventually finish the game, but after looking at the requirements for the platinum (50 hours of grinding turtles), I thought, "Fuck this", and I've never touched it since. The only reason I didn't sell it was because I got it signed by Kitase & Kamikokuryo at the launch day event here in London.

Far Cry 2: despite all of the overwhelmingly negative criticism this game got, I really enjoyed it. I liked the setting (how many games have done Africa?) and the freedom of the combat was fantastic. I wasn't, however, willing to spend literally 600 hours online for the plat., so it remains forever at 82%. Binary Domain falls into the same issue; I'm not going to waste my time interminably with tedious online modes.

I'm so close to Platinum'ing Vanquish (I'm sure we all know which trophy is left!), but I simply don't possess the required skill (and I say that as someone who has platinum'd WipEout HD & Mirror's Edge). Gran Turismo 5...I'm a very patient person, but even I am not going to do one 24 hour endurance race, let alone several. It's madness.

F**K AUTHORITY

Even though I have many games that are not complete the only game that I wanted platinum on and quit was HOMEFRONT that piece of shit game pissed me off so much I actually broke it.Actually now that I think about it that was my favorite part of the game.GOOD TIMES
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was forced to give up on FIFA 09 due to the fact they stopped doing interactive leagues at the end of the season which sucked.

I have 6 left on Heavy Rain but I couldn't arsed to do all the different endings although it's possible I might go back to it.

I have a couple online trophies in BFBC2 but seeing as I sold it in moment of error I won't be getting it any time soon!

I gave up on GTA 4 when my online level kept going back to 4 too.

I also have plenty of other games I never platted but had no intention of doing so.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Infamous (Cause I was missing one freakin shard and have no idea which one)
    Both of the Batman Arkham games. (Cause I rage quit the combat challenges)
    I'm sure there are others and more to come in the future.
    Not to worried about it though if its not fun, I don't need it.(Playing MGS4 now in anticipation of the trophy patch and I still love it.)
    For the inFAMOUS one check all the docks.

Lvl 6 - Silver

MAG it got too hard to get a game and I am soo close too only need like 4 trophies but Ive pretty much abandoned any hope of getting the Plat

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Also gave up on Dead Island...I got the game, and couldn't even keep playing long enough to earn a trophy...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It was just too hard on the Multiplayer to get every Trophy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by FFXOcifferCop View Post
    Ill have to say the one that mad me most upset was the first InFamous. 98% complete and missing 1 blast shard
    Black Ops is makin me mad too. The pack a punch crossbow is holding me back
    its hard but youll just have to keep going for it
    if you need help meg me and say your from here

Lvl 9 - Gold

yeah black ops zombies, stupid random weapon box and any game that i lost interest in or had a massive stupid grinding trophy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dead Island - Won't connect me to any MP games
    Bulletstorm - Anarchy Master

I do plan on going back and finishing a few games I'm close to plat on, but only after I get through the 20+ games on my backlog/gamefly queue, plus the games that I plan on buying or already have pre-ordered.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    The games that I quit on is NBA 2k11, FF13 and Littlebigplanet

what plats did you quit on??

EDIT: If you know a person that quit because of a trophy and you know how to get it, its cool to tell them
    Unfortunatly my list of games i gave up on the platinum is long:

AC brother hood
    AC revalations
    Brutal legend
    MW2
    Black Ops
    Resident evil 5 (nvm, got it)
    Zumba

This is my short list. I can tell you its much longer, but too lazy to go through all my games again.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast