Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Platinums that u quit on

This is a discussion on Platinums that u quit on within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Every game that's on my list apart from assassin's creed 2 I yet to find another easy game to plat!...

I make lego out of you!

Every game that's on my list apart from assassin's creed 2 I yet to find another easy game to plat!
    Making plat cards

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Dead Island is one I had to give up on. My dorm had terrible internet and I had the hardest time finding partners for the co-op trophies. Also after leveling up one character to 50 the last thing I wanted to do was beat act 1 with the other three characters. Maybe I'll rent it from redbox and clean up the last few I'm missing.
    Happy to say that I did in fact go back and get this one

Currently I'm pretty close to quitting Dark Souls

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't play games for the trophies, but if I like the game I will try to get the Platinum for it. The only game that I quit trying to get the Platinum on that I wanted was Resistance 2.

Lvl 6 - Silver

This gamer does not give up or quit on Platinums. 63 straight and counting ( plus 2 PSN 100%'s).........But to be fair there were a few that put that streak in jeopardy :

Vanquish
    Sports Champions
    Resistance 2
    Aliens vs. Predator
    BATMAN : Arkham Asylum (until I got the hang of the combat system)

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

PRO Member

Gran Turismo 5 (OMG,some of the trophies are just impossible to complete )

Lvl 2 - Bronze

GTA 4, LBP, Tomb Raider, and Starhawk. Because all of those games either are dead online or have annoying online trophies such as ranking up to the max level or kill a player with the impact from a thrown grenade. Really hate that shit.

PRO Member

Warhammer 40k - Weapon achievements in multiplayer were just too demanding.

Banned

The only 3 platinums that I've ever given up on:

LEGO: Rock Band (4 x 100%, guitar solo)
    Green Day: Rock Band (drums)
    The Beatles: Rock Band (triple harmonies)

I don't feel bad, though. They just happen to be 3 of the hardest platinums ever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Every single FPS game you gotta beat on hard (I hate FPS, and I suck at them, only enjoying campaign on normal)
    Street Fighter IV + Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (Challenges, I'm not that good in fighting games)
    Mortal Kombat 9 (My Kung-Fu is Strongest trophy is way too much!)
    PAIN (Simply a stupid game with a platinum, got it for free so whatever)
    WipEout HD (I love racing but this one is very boring)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum & City (I hate collectables and Joker's puzzles)
    Burnout Paradise (Save file corrupted with only a few trophies left)
    Fallout: New Vegas (Glitch prevented me from talking to people while getting the last "4th" ending)

I also gave up on Brutal Legend because of a save file corruption while doing the 100% game state (on 91%),
    but the next day I've restarted the game from the beginning and cleaned it in one day (never switched off the PS3).

Lvl 5 - Silver

Gran Turismo 5 because I feel I wouldn't be able to platinum it even if I invested 1000 hours in the game.

Little Big Planet 1 & 2 because they have some stupid socializing trophies that you simply cannot get if you don't want to play the game with others.

FEAR 2 and Far Cry 2. I got both games because I enjoyed the first game and back then I didn't know about trophies (they were some of my first PS3 games to get). Both games s*ck hard in my opinion, are absolutely no fun to me and ridiculously hard to platinum, thus I've given up.

MGS2 I gave up on for the moment but I consider coming back to it in a year or so.

Lvl 7 - Gold

nothing yet, I have 3 games I didn't plat yet, im one trophy away from finishing up Black Ops and im going to continue with the bureau and max payne 3
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Bad Company 2 - I can't get any kills with collapsing buildings in multiplayer

Vanquish - Challenges...

Warhammer 40K - Space Marine - Weapon challenges are way too much (especially the shotgun kills)

Batman - Arkham Asylum & City - I don't get the fighting system, I dunno what I'm doing wrong and the Collectibles in City are just annoying.

Buy my book, Alteration

MLB 2010: The Show - Rental, just too hard to play for me

Besides that and games whose servers are no more, I haven't necessarily "quit" anything yet.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 8 - Gold

There are several games that I got quite a bit of the trophies in but not the platinum, however most of those I wasn't even going for the plat in. The ones that I would say that I gave up on are: Shadows of the Damned (the red gems can be quite frustrating, especially the one where your girlfriend is chasing you); The Saboteur (I would not be able to get all the gold level perks); God of War: Ghost of Sparta (I might come back to this one, as all I have left is the hard mode); Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations (The MP trophies. Too much grinding, and it doesn't look like you could boost all of the trophies, and I'm not too good at the MP in the AC games). I might go back later on to get the plats in any of these games, but it's doubtful.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

WWE 13 I had everything expect for the online ranking trophies.

Since the online ranking kept resetting constantly for a lot of people once they turn off their system, I deemed it almost impossible and gave up :/ I can only have my ranking reset so many times back to zero...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    none. i intend to plat all my games
    it will take long long time

Judgement by Blaster

God of War. Had so many rage moments attempting the challenge of the gods especially round 10 on the platform you have to raise by killing enemies.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Swiftly got Plat for AC2 and AC3 Revelations, but just couldn't manage it for Brotherhood or AC3 - so traded in entire collection towards credit for GTA V! lol.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Terminator Salvation - i dived straight in on hard and was getting the crap kicked out of at some points, eventually i just gave up cos the game was shit and i couldn't bring myself to play it any longer, playing any old crap for plats is not how i roll lol

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - i got pissed off with those stupid challenges and ended up getting rid of the game cos i didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, then one day recently i really got in the mood to play it again and continue on, so i traded in Black Ops 2 and got it again, then got the plat and the 100%

PRO Member

Skyrim:
    The reason for that is because of the frame lags the game had when I played it on a long period. I've done a fair share of the trophies, but maybe one day I will revisit the game and Plat it once and for all.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast