Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Platinums that u quit on

This is a discussion on Platinums that u quit on within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dead Nation, too time consuming and I can't see another death anymore. >=[...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Nation, too time consuming and I can't see another death anymore. >=[

NSFW

Many of my games, I haven't really tried to get the plat., without getting, with the exception of Batman AA, Brütal legend, Wolfenstein and Ghostbusters: The game. I have an urge to quit RDR, but my persistence keeps on fighting me (so I hope my patience keeps my hopes (like it did with Just Cause 2))

PRO Member

Motorstorm Pacific rift ( just way to damn hard, and the multiplayer is pretty much dead)
    Bioshock 2.. should have had this one but the game got up the day PS3 went down because of its clock :/ and now i just don't care enough to buy the dlc that could fix it

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The only one I said fuck it, I'm done is Tomb Raider Anniversary, just got fed up with it, I found the levels just way to long and way to mind numbingly boring.

Games I probably won't Plat:

Gran Turismo 5
    Batman Arkham Asylam
    Dead Nation
    and maybe Dead Rising 2 (because of the TIR online bullshit)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The only game i've HAD to give up on was resistance 2 because I just can't find the time to get 10,000 kills... Other than that I NEVER GIVE UP...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I didn't so much give up on the following games, as resign myself to the knowledge that I was never going to be able to earn the platinum; either through just not being sufficiently skilled at the game, or by being unwilling to invest the required number of hours into them:

Grand Theft Auto IV
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV

For GTA and Motorstorm, the online grinding required for both titles is just too ridiculous. For the Street Fighters, the later Training Trials are too tricky to pull off. So, I've resigned all 4 of these platinums to "will-never-earn" status...

PRO Member

Infamous 1 DAMN u blast shards!!!!!!!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Under Siege because the online is dead

Lvl 8 - Gold

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Fuck Freeflow
    FarCry 2 - Nobody wants to help me with online
    Battlefield: Bad Company - Nobody wants to help me with online
    Demon's Souls - ehh, I don't really care about this crap anymore. I have a love/hate relationship with this bitch
    Wipeout HD - I don't like it and the difficulty is we todd did
    Guitar Hero: Metallica - Nobody wants to help me with online and I'll most likely never get those high scores
    Rock Band 3 - pro instrument trophies are the only thing keeping me back really. Pro instruments are way too fucking expensive.
    LEGO Rock Band - I cannot 100% 'Final Countdown' solo. EUROPE SUCKS ASS
    Green Day Rock Band - drumset is broken
    The Beatles Rock Band - drumset is broken
    inFAMOUS - fuck those Blast Shards
    LittleBigPlanet - I don't see what's so special about this game. Nobody wants to help me with online.
    Blitz: The League II - I'll never be able to get all of those injuries

It's funny how some ppl ask me for help, but they are never there when I need it... Man, I gave up on a lot. So some research before you buy shitty games kids!

Closing this account

GTA IV-my disc broke
    NBA 2K10-didnt know about online at the time.
    Hawx-I just enjoyed the game for the planes.
    Yakuza 3- i strongly dislike karaoke.
    Dead Space 2- i enjoyed the story. dont want to ruining that.
    Red Faction Guerrilla- i enjoyed the story. dont want to ruining that.

Lvl 5 - Silver

nothing, i have completed every game i started on so far
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

PRO Member

none, and you may see that are about 5 or so games on my list not platted, well I'm working on them and after I plat one I will plat the next, my goal is to plat all the games I own

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

The Girl Gamer

I never thought I would say this, but I'm finally quitting Mirror's Edge and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. I love Mirror's Edge when just playing story mode since it's fun, but getting 50 stars in the time trials are just too much cause you have to be perfect and it's very frustrating when you have a almost perfect run and a simple mistake happens at the end. I have to say is F**k U Playground Two! Stupid mat took 3 seconds away from me and gave me 1:15.39 instead of below 1:15.00. You can keep your stupid 3 stars!

For MK vs DC Universe, the kombo challenges are a pain also since 99% of the time it doesn't read the buttons that you press and I don't want to waste my time pressing the same button over and over and praying that it would connect.

With these two games, I realized that I have become to addicted to Platinum trophies and for what? It's not like I'm going to get a free video game or something just for how many platinum trophies I have. So I'm going to play video games like I always have when I was a kid and that's for fun only. If I feel like going for platinum, then I'll get it, but if I have to break my skull for just 1 to 3 trophies then I won't bother. Maybe in the future I'll try Mirror's Edge time trials and MK vs DC Universe kombo challenges, but for now I'm not playing it for those trophies. Just for fun.

Sorry for the rant guys!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

R.U.S.E. the online trophies are tough.

Revelations 19:16

I quit on Demo kills for BFBC2
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well, i had all my games that i had Platinumed but i got hacked. So now there are 13 games that i have to do & i will not attempt to do it again. Took me over an year to plat those. Now would take half an year but still would be stupid cause i know everything.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    I never thought I would say this, but I'm finally quitting Mirror's Edge and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. I love Mirror's Edge when just playing story mode since it's fun, but getting 50 stars in the time trials are just too much cause you have to be perfect and it's very frustrating when you have a almost perfect run and a simple mistake happens at the end. I have to say is F**k U Playground Two! Stupid mat took 3 seconds away from me and gave me 1:15.39 instead of below 1:15.00. You can keep your stupid 3 stars!
    I have got the full 100% of all trophies and the plat for Mirror's Edge and that requires 90 stars in the time trails. One of my proudest plats without question.

I have given up on

• Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    • Star Ocean The Last Hope
    • Trash Panic (PSN game)
    • Lost Planet 2
    But can you blame me?

The Girl Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I have got the full 100% of all trophies and the plat for Mirror's Edge and that requires 90 stars in the time trails. One of my proudest plats without question.
    Hats off to you! I just don't have the patience to try to get a perfect run every 50 attempts on one time trial. I want to relieve my stress, not get more stressed out cause of it lol. Maybe in the future I'll attempt it again and get platinum trophy, but it's not my priority right now.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cdm-25 View Post
    Infamous 1 DAMN u blast shards!!!!!!!!!
    Do you need some help? But seriously though those take forever. Waiting for Infamous 2 to plat and waiting fro MW3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Any games that have dumb ass online MP... I don't mind time consuming or collectables but Online ones spoil many a plat attempt.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast