Oh hell no Andrew Goldfarb, you didn't just trick me like that?!

This is a discussion on Oh hell no Andrew Goldfarb, you didn't just trick me like that?! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I get on PS3 homepage of IGN and I see the Following headline: Pre-Order Diablo III on PS3, Get ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Oh hell no Andrew Goldfarb, you didn't just trick me like that?!

So I get on PS3 homepage of IGN and I see the Following headline: Pre-Order Diablo III on PS3, Get a Free Helmet.
    Pre-Order Diablo III on PS3, Get a Free Helmet - IGN

Immediately I start thinking about all the things I'd love to do while wearing some kind of bad-ass helmet. So I click on the article to get all the details. Of course it's just some crappy helmet for your character and not a real one you can wear to a family barbecue, when learning how to water ski or some other activity where wearing a helmet with massive horns would be beneficial; not to mention highly entertaining for onlookers as well.

This has been a dream of mine since sometime in 2004 when I first saw The Last Samurai, needless to same I was extremely disappointed.

People say a picture is worth a thousand words, so instead of writing a long, drawn out essay I decided utilize my Photoshop skills to create an image of the very first thing I'd do while wearing my shiny new Helmet.

Toggle Spoiler

I'd like to hear some idea's from you guys. What would you do with your new Helmet?

illegal in 9 countries

I'd say it's bleeding frigging obvious the helmet was an in-game item...

Keep the dream alive brother. There's nothing cooler than mowing the lawn in a Samurai helmet

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well it did say it gave you an xp boost on the ign article I read on my phone on the first sentence but I thought it was an actual helmet like a collectible one when I saw the articles title.

Lvl 7 - Gold

LOL it was freaking obvious that it was a in game item but who knows they may give a actual helmet in a ce of a game in the future

Lord of all Goat-Men

I'm still waiting on my Luchador mask to arrive in the mail as reward for my Guacamelee! plat

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The OP said those thoughts were based on reading the headline only, not the actual article...

Of course the article makes it quite clear what is actually on offer, but headlines are sometimes written in a very misleading way to try and grab your attention.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfranciz View Post
    The OP said those thoughts were based on reading the headline only, not the actual article...

Of course the article makes it quite clear what is actually on offer, but headlines are sometimes written in a very misleading way to try and grab your attention.
    This is the exact point I was trying to make. I thought more people would get that, maybe I could have found a clearer or better way to get that across.

Of course it's for an in-game item, to anybody that questioned my intelligence, i"m not that dumb. Now if I can get a copy of Splinter Cell with a remote control airplane I can get a Collectors Edition DIII with a helmet. Even if they did that it wouldn't be free, it would cost a lot more, I understand that.

When I read that title I started laughing, because with as vague as it is you can interpret it in several different ways. The image of a bunch of gamers sitting in their living rooms wearing a viking helmet while playing Diablo III poped into my head and I thought that was really funny. That got me thinking of other activities you could do while wearing a helmet. I figured If I thought it was funny other people might as well.

So I took the time to find the right pic of a lawnmower and shot of my favorite helmet that would work. Then I had to find a pic of myself from the right angle to make it work. My hope was that people read this and would find it funny (apparently only 2 or 3 of you did). You would see that ridiculous picture and It would start a discussion about the awesome things you could do while wearing a helmet.

With that goal I guess I failed spectacularly.

Sorry.

INTJ

fun fact the PS3 Version of Diablo 3 is better than the PC version due to no Real Money Auction House and Lan Play.

Blizzard sure knows how to fuck their fanbase.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    fun fact the PS3 Version of Diablo 3 is better than the PC version due to no Real Money Auction House and Lan Play.

Blizzard sure knows how to fuck their fanbase.
    Not to mention no "always-online" DRM, which is the only reason I didn't buy it on PC.

Lvl 9 - Gold

If you can use a mouse to play it I would say it would be better but otherwise its gonna suck to try and play lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mturismo View Post
    This is the exact point I was trying to make. I thought more people would get that, maybe I could have found a clearer or better way to get that across.

When I read that title I started laughing, because with as vague as it is you can interpret it in several different ways. The image of a bunch of gamers sitting in their living rooms wearing a viking helmet while playing Diablo III poped into my head and I thought that was really funny. That got me thinking of other activities you could do while wearing a helmet. I figured If I thought it was funny other people might as well.
    The helment wearing diablo players have been amongst the fanbase for many years.. I think I remember seeing a picture of one of the two guys who reviewed diablo II when it first came out with a helmet and sword on lol.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

here make your dream happen, but u gotta take a photo or video of wearing it here lol

The Great Japanese Vintage Kabuto Samurai Helmet Yoroi

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ View Post
    here make your dream happen, but u gotta take a photo or video of wearing it here lol

The Great Japanese Vintage Kabuto Samurai Helmet Yoroi
    Sweet! For whatever reason I never thought to check Ebay for a Samurai Helmet. Unfortunately I can get one in the next week or two, but hell yes I will take a pic and post it on here when I get one. lol