Zone of the Enders 3 Dead

This is a discussion on Zone of the Enders 3 Dead within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Kojima axes Zone of the Enders sequel - GameSpot.com Plans to resurrect the Zone of the Enders series have fallen ...

INTJ

Zone of the Enders 3 Dead

Kojima axes Zone of the Enders sequel - GameSpot.com

Plans to resurrect the Zone of the Enders series have fallen flat, series creator and Metal Gear Solid boss Hideo Kojima has confirmed.

Kojima spoke about the cancellation last night on his radio show (via Siliconera), saying that plans to continue the mech-battling series with a sequel to 2003's Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner have been scrapped, and that the development team working on the project have disbanded.

The Enders Project was originally announced in May 2012 during a Konami event in Japan, with Kojima hinting at a new setting for the now-cancelled sequel.

The decision to cancel the game was made after the recent Zone of the Enders HD Collection did not live up to the expectations of the series' fans. The development team has said it is working on patching the PlayStation 3 version of the game to improve its performance, but an Xbox 360 version of the patch is not currently in the works.

Zone of the Enders HD's switch from 30fps to 60fps disrupted the smooth combat of the originals, the developer has concluded.

Kojima finished by asking fans, once again, if they would like to see a new Zone of the Enders game.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Series to me has always been extremely overrated. The original title on PS2 only sold so well because it came with a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. The sequel sold poorly from the get go and was a bargain bin title within six months of it's release.

Just another attempt to cash in on the mecha craze at the turn of the century that fell flat with anybody who wasn't an Otaku or robot fan.

If there is a Kojima franchise out there that needs a sequel, it's Snatcher which would translate a lot better with it's cyberpunk themes to modern gamers. Announce a sequel or reboot and I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 10 - Platinum

No loss on this end at least we got an HD collection out of it.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Well if it had to be done then so be it, I never played the series before
    i just look forward to metal gear games
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Never even heard of that series.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    If there is a Kojima franchise out there that needs a sequel, it's Snatcher which would translate a lot better with it's cyberpunk themes to modern gamers. Announce a sequel or reboot and I'll be there in a heartbeat.
    This this this. A thousand times this!

PRO Member

i loved this series since the PS2 days, and i Played the First one even without caring for the MGS Demo, i own both HD and PS2 Collection

I am disappointed, but not gonna kill myself over it...it will happen someday..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 9 - Gold

The HD Collection was crap in terms of performance, and the same happened at times with the MGS HD games. It left a bitter taste for me so I can't say I'm either sad or happy about this news. I honestly prefer to see new IPs from Kojima anyway, or at least stuff like Snatcher or Policenauts being brought back properly.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    No loss on this end at least we got an HD collection out of it.
    Which I need to pick up soon On topic: I guess it really wasn't meant to have a part 3 to it.