Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EA Now has a Exclusive Star wars License

This is a discussion on EA Now has a Exclusive Star wars License within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Walt Disney Company and EA Announce Multi-Year Star Wars Games Agreement | EA Press Room BURBANK & REDWOOD CITY, ...

INTJ

EA Now has a Exclusive Star wars License

The Walt Disney Company and EA Announce Multi-Year Star Wars Games Agreement | EA Press Room

BURBANK & REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced a new multi-year exclusive licensing agreement to develop and publish globally new games based on Star Wars characters and storylines.

Under the agreement, EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for a core gaming audience, spanning all interactive platforms and the most popular game genres, while Disney will retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet and online game categories.

“This agreement demonstrates our commitment to creating quality game experiences that drive the popularity of the Star Wars franchise for years to come,” said John Pleasants, Co-President of Disney Interactive. “Collaborating with one of the world’s premier game developers will allow us to bring an amazing portfolio of new Star Wars titles to our fans around the world.”

“Every developer dreams of creating games for the Star Wars universe,” said EA Labels President Frank Gibeau. “Three of our top studios will fulfill that dream, crafting epic adventures for Star Wars fans. DICE and Visceral will produce new games, joining the BioWare team which continues to develop for the Star Wars franchise. The new experiences we create may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay.”

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

SWTOR is a massive failure congratulations!!1 Here's a multi-year contract so only you can makes star wars games!!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

It'll likely be more Bioware crap, which I have no interest in.

Somebody posted on another site that EA could drop the Medal of Honor franchise and put Battlefront into it's every other year rotation. I don't think it's the most horrible idea out there in a business sense, but would likely get flamed regardless.

EA sure is blowing it's E3 wad early, maybe they aren't going to have a major conference also.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    It'll likely be more Bioware crap, which I have no interest in.

Somebody posted on another site that EA could drop the Medal of Honor franchise and put Battlefront into it's every other year rotation. I don't think it's the most horrible idea out there in a business sense, but would likely get flamed regardless.

EA sure is blowing it's E3 wad early, maybe they aren't going to have a major conference also.

Just wondering why Disney decided "Hey, You know the guys who spent over 200 million on a MMO that colossally failed? they seem like good guys to handle that IP"

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Just wondering why Disney decided "Hey, You know the guys who spent over 200 million on a MMO that colossally failed? they seem like good guys to handle that IP"
    No idea, it's not a smart idea to me either. MMOs are a dying genre and aren't likely to survive long in today's market anyways. I would suspect that a Star Wars shooter might have been proposed? Only thing that could remotely make me go, "Oh, that makes sense." One can only tell where this goes but if recent Star Wars outsourcing is anything to go by - don't expect much.

PRO Member

Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

INTJ

disney could of spread out the licensing like Games workshop does.

give a license to obsidian for example.

New Republic: Obsidian Actively Pitching More Star Wars | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

“We pitched a between-Episode III and Episode IV game [to LucasArts]. Because we think that timeframe is super interesting. It’s the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, it’s Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game, and you know, Chris Avellone came up with a really cool story.”

“We also latched onto it because it has elements people remember, but not the stories. It can just completely not involve [the movies]. It can tease them, but nothing else.”

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post

You beat me to it

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    disney could of spread out the licensing like Games workshop does.

give a license to obsidian for example.

New Republic: Obsidian Actively Pitching More Star Wars | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
    Yeah I remember this, and it has potential but Disney I don't think is expecting to make a lot of their money from video games when it comes to Star Wars. Disney will be making it's money off the billions of dollars of merchandise they make with Star Wars.

I just can't wait for the first lightsaber color change micro-transaction.

Rangers F.C

Star Wars sucks and has sucked for many, many years, if they ever wanna make it great again they should start by realising that the fucking fans got older, no more fucking toys and no more idiotic characters like Jaja Binks . Kids don't give a shit about sci-fi they like little wizards that wear glasses, make a Star Wars game that is a over 18 for a change, see how it goes ........................ I would bet that most people who actually love Star Wars are at least 20+ these days . This is the reason the franchise fails repeatedly, you cannot make a franchise to suit everybody now, they got lucky with the first 3 movies and have failed ever since, its time for the franchise to grow up, just like the fans did .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Star Wars sucks and has sucked for many, many years, if they ever wanna make it great again they should start by realising that the fucking fans got older, no more fucking toys and no more idiotic characters like Jaja Binks . Kids don't give a shit about sci-fi they like little wizards that wear glasses, make a Star Wars game that is a over 18 for a change, see how it goes ........................ I would bet that most people who actually love Star Wars are at least 20+ these days . This is the reason the franchise fails repeatedly, you cannot make a franchise to suit everybody now, they got lucky with the first 3 movies and have failed ever since, its time for the franchise to grow up, just like the fans did .
    This would be right except when I see the 40 year old men week in and week out buying up all the newest toys we get in at work. And the cartoon dvds. And the collectors cards. And the Angry Birds Star Wars spin off shit. Point is, they will milk it as long as these "older" fans keep lapping it up.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    This would be right except when I see the 40 year old men week in and week out buying up all the newest toys we get in at work. And the cartoon dvds. And the collectors cards. And the Angry Birds Star Wars spin off. Point is, they will milk it as long as this "older" fans keep lapping it up.
    Hard to break old habits, this is the reason Star Wars is a joke now . The films/games are an after thought to the merchandise, don't they realise the toys and merchandise are going to be worthless if the franchise continues to be a joke, the way Star Wars is going who is actually going to buy this stuff ? if they fail to make new hardcore fans ........................ nobody .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Gotham's Reckoning

So will this mean Star Wars 1313 will see a light of day or will EA just not bother with it?

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    So will this mean Star Wars 1313 will see a light of day or will EA just not bother with it?
    Chances are they won't bother.

Then again, the game is already partly finished, EA might just finish it up as cheap as possible and release it.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

This is a good thing & a bad thing IMO.

Yes, it's great that there will be more titles & in the hands of EA...at least it's something. Although definitely expect to by a purple lightsaber for DLC.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    This is a good thing & a bad thing IMO.

Yes, it's great that there will be more titles & in the hands of EA...at least it's something. Although definitely expect to by a purple lightsaber for DLC.

No it's a bad thing all around

PRO Member

Thank you PS360 for that ME3 spoiler... I'm playing the game right now

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's bad news to me (more like horrible news) yet I'm still dumb enough to hope for a Battlefront 3. If it ever got made it would have tons of DLC, it would be first-person only and would be based off the newer films and era (meaning the still ongoing and always-boring Clone Wars). I wanna play as the damn Ewoks not some goddamned robots.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 7 - Gold

I saw this picture on facebook and thought it hit the nail on the head.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

INTJ

"Storyline by bioware"

hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Thank you PS360 for that ME3 spoiler... I'm playing the game right now
    I found a guy who hasn't played mass effect 1, the last amazing bioware game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Domain names have been registered - Lucasfilm registers multiple Star Wars domain names - Report - GameSpot.com

- Star Wars Alliance
    - Star Wars Rebels
    - Star Wars Wolf Pack
    - Wolf Pack Adventures
    - Order 67
    - Bothan Spies
    - Gungan Frontier 2
    - Gungan Frontier 3
    - Gungan Frontier 4
    - Wookie Hunters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast