Ubisoft Fires Former (Now New) Employees, Creator & Producer from Assassin's Creed

This is a discussion on Ubisoft Fires Former (Now New) Employees, Creator & Producer from Assassin's Creed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well this has to suck. You leave a company for a new job, only to have that old company acquire ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ubisoft Fires Former (Now New) Employees, Creator & Producer from Assassin's Creed

Well this has to suck. You leave a company for a new job, only to have that old company acquire your employer and fire you. I realize this isn't groundbreaking news or anything, but still worth a read. The world has a cruel sense of humor.

Assassin’s Creed Producer Jean-François Boivin Also Fired by Ubisoft, Says Patrice Desilets | EGMNOW

According to Patrice Desilets, he wasn’t the only one terminated by Ubisoft yesterday—Assassin’s Creed producer Jean-François Boivin was also fired.

“Thinking of my good friend and producer [Jean-François Boivin'] who also got fired yesterday,” Desilets tweeted. “I’m sharing your support with him…”

After acting as production manager and associate producer on Assassin’s Creed, Assassin’s Creed 2, and Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Boivin left Ubisoft in 2010 along with Desilets, joining him at THQ Montreal. Like Desilets, Boivin was brought back into the fold when Ubisoft acquired THQ Montreal earlier this year.

Ubisoft terminated the Assassin Creed creator’s employment yesterday in what Desilets describes unceremonious. Desilets says that leaving Ubisoft “was not my decision.”

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Kiwi Defender

Oh yeah, a certain someone showed me the news yesterday. Has to be one of the saddest and most ironic things to ever happen to a game developer.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.