Upgrading Headset

This is a discussion on Upgrading Headset within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I currently own TB PX5 and i love them. I bought them when they came out and now im looking ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Upgrading Headset

I currently own TB PX5 and i love them. I bought them when they came out and now im looking to invest in a new headset.
    Ive been looking at...
    PX51
    A50
    XP510
    What headset should i go with, or is there a better one i didnt list...
    im a extreme gamer btw, so yea

(btw i searched the forum for another thread pertaining to my question and couldnt find what i was looking for, sorry if you all have answered this in the past)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you aren't 100% set on getting something wireless, I'd go with the Astro A40's based on sound and build quality alone. I'm not familiar with the wireless quality of the A50's. Sidenote, I've heard of the TB's having less than stellar build quality across all models.

illegal in 9 countries

Astro A50's. That is all.

Turtle Beach are cheap and nasty.

Do not buy the Sony 7.1 Pulse Headset - the force feedback effect sucks balls and the band imprints a dent across the top of your head within an hour or two of use, leaving you with a headache.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Astro A50's. That is all.

Turtle Beach are cheap and nasty.

Do not buy the Sony 7.1 Pulse Headset - the force feedback effect sucks balls and the band leaves a dent across the top of your head, leaving you with a headache within an hour or two of use.
    If I had the extra money for something like that, I would get it, but I don't have $300 to spend on it.. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    If I had the extra money for something like that, I would get it, but I don't have $300 to spend on it.. lol
    The build quality of Astro Gaming is superb, as is the audio quality. I personally don't consider spending $300 on one headset for the next 10-20 years to be a hefty expense.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The build quality of Astro Gaming is superb, as is the audio quality. I personally don't consider spending $300 on one headset for the next 10-20 years to be a hefty expense.
    This. It's a worthwhile investment. I wouldn't advise spending $300 on turtle beach due to the build quality, but Astro's are nice and sturdy, should last a long while.