Foreign games

This is a discussion on Foreign games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi I live in Australia and are considering buying an american game of amazon the question is... would it work ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Foreign games

Hi I live in Australia and are considering buying an american game of amazon the question is... would it work on my console ESPECIALLY FOR TROPHY CAPABILITIES

Plat Tag Made by The_Dark_God_666 on PSN

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Yes, it will work. All PS3 games work internationally. Some have different trophy sets; that's all.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

all games should be region free, only thing is dlc can only be bought from a ps store of that region same the as the disc

so NA game dlc needs to be bought from NA store
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

member since Oct 2009

The 2 guys above my post are correct. So, order away. Just keep in mind about the dlc region lock.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yep as above, so if you want to buy dlc Id probably get the game locally

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 7 - Gold

the game "Afrika" never came out here in the netherlands, shipped it in from US, works great

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have always being curious if games from other regions all work on the same update system (meaning that you can download a update for a foreign game)
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Critics in the west have been crowing about the supposed death of the Japanese industry for years. And while their critiques have a certain degree of truth to them, they're missing the point. Japanese game development did run into trouble during this console generation, but their issues are so removed from the average gamer's experience (workforce and labor management) as to be meaningless. The games themselves are as good as they've ever been, but they're just not made for the entire world anymore. Japanese games are now by and large made to appeal almost exclusively to Japanese gamers.