How A Poster Of A Sexy Dude Helped One Game Developer Make A Point

This is a discussion on How A Poster Of A Sexy Dude Helped One Game Developer Make A Point within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://kotaku.com/how-a-poster-of-a-...ium=Socialflow Not sure if anyone posted this yet but i found this to be pretty funny....

Lvl 7 - Gold

How A Poster Of A Sexy Dude Helped One Game Developer Make A Point

http://kotaku.com/how-a-poster-of-a-...ium=Socialflow

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but i found this to be pretty funny.

Lvl 9 - Gold

That's pretty cool, but I just hope it does something more than buying her and her colleague lunch.
    I think it was about time stuff like this started happening, maybe it'll go even bigger and we'll see these kinda posters on the street as well?
    Not to go too deeply into the subject since I think it could be misinterpreted or taken to the extreme, but just yesterday they revelaled this costume for Chris from RE Revelations:

Toggle Spoiler

And it looks to me they're finally giving stuff "for the ladies" as well (again, I'm not trying to imply anything here), which I find really cool. It still doesn't take away the over-sexualization of women in these kinda games but it's a start.
    Aaaaanyway, and regarding this specific thread, I think it was a brilliant prank, and the name "Bro-siethe Riveter" really made me laugh. It was spot-on.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    That's pretty cool, but I just hope it does something more than buying her and her colleague lunch.
    I think it was about time stuff like this started happening, maybe it'll go even bigger and we'll see these kinda posters on the street as well?
    Not to go too deeply into the subject since I think it could be misinterpreted or taken to the extreme, but just yesterday they revelaled this costume for Chris from RE Revelations:

Toggle Spoiler

And it looks to me they're finally giving stuff "for the ladies" as well (again, I'm not trying to imply anything here), which I find really cool. It still doesn't take away the over-sexualization of women in these kinda games but it's a start.
    Aaaaanyway, and regarding this specific thread, I think it was a brilliant prank, and the name "Bro-siethe Riveter" really made me laugh. It was spot-on.
    Yeah the prank was really awesome. I also hope something bigger happens as well but i doubt anything would even happen

Rangers F.C

I hope to fuck it does not catch on, I don't want to be playing Uncharted and Drakes got speedos on, or Max Pain wearing lipstick .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 6 - Silver

That was pretty funny .

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I hope to fuck it does not catch on, I don't want to be playing Uncharted and Drakes got speedos on, or Max Pain wearing lipstick .
    That would make sense if the female characters in those franchises were oversexualized. And most of the time revealing outfits are optional anyway. This is just a poster though, Hawken has nothing to do with shirtless guys or barely dressed girls.

INTJ

oh boy shitaku

if you listen to these people and agree to what they say you deserve to get removed from the gene pool

not even going to click on the link because it lowers my iq and gives them admoney for it.

Rangers F.C

That would make sense if the female characters in those franchises were oversexualized. And most of the time revealing outfits are optional anyway. This is just a poster though, Hawken has nothing to do with shirtless guys or barely dressed girls.
    I meant in the industry of game making, bit of fun . You do know you don't have to analyze every single post, there are already dozens of site experts on just about everything , we don't need another .

Lvl 9 - Gold

I meant in the industry of game making, bit of fun . You do know you don't have to analyze every single post, there are already dozens of site experts on just about everything , we don't need another .
    Ah, my apologies then! It's just that I saw some people on other forums making a fuss out of stuff like this and I guess I took it too seriously.

INTJ

Toggle Spoiler

if anyone feel this is sexy i feel sorry for them

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if anyone feel this is sexy i feel sorry for them
    Then for the love of all that's sacred stay away from the RE forums...
    It is not supposed to be sexy, but rather a homage to Popeye which fits well into the "at sea" theme of Revelations. Heck, Jill got a Pirate outfit (parrot included). In any case I'd prefer this a hundred times than another female character in a tight "battle suit" exposing only her breasts.

I personally like the outfit.

PRO Member

it would be nice to have more attractive male characters in games

Negator

I have this poster hanging in my room. No, this isn't a joke...my friend got me this on my birthday last year. :stare:

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

I got these posters in mine, I am a bit conflicted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Love her for this! But I find the whole lunch thing kind of patronizing in itself. As for in general, I don't really care that much to be honest, but I can see why she would do it. Only thing I hate is when games have no female character choice, annoys me so bad. >.<

I got these posters in mine, I am a bit conflicted

LOOL xD
    Last edited by x-X-xAyax-X-x; 05-22-2013 at 07:16 PM.