Results 1 to 15 of 15

How A Poster Of A Sexy Dude Helped One Game Developer Make A Point

This is a discussion on How A Poster Of A Sexy Dude Helped One Game Developer Make A Point within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://kotaku.com/how-a-poster-of-a-...ium=Socialflow Not sure if anyone posted this yet but i found this to be pretty funny....

  1. #1
    Lvl 7 - Gold


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    690
    Reputation
    10

    How A Poster Of A Sexy Dude Helped One Game Developer Make A Point

    http://kotaku.com/how-a-poster-of-a-...ium=Socialflow

    Not sure if anyone posted this yet but i found this to be pretty funny.

  2. #2
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    johnny_leyenda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,111
    Reputation
    42

    That's pretty cool, but I just hope it does something more than buying her and her colleague lunch.
    I think it was about time stuff like this started happening, maybe it'll go even bigger and we'll see these kinda posters on the street as well?
    Not to go too deeply into the subject since I think it could be misinterpreted or taken to the extreme, but just yesterday they revelaled this costume for Chris from RE Revelations:

    Toggle Spoiler



    And it looks to me they're finally giving stuff "for the ladies" as well (again, I'm not trying to imply anything here), which I find really cool. It still doesn't take away the over-sexualization of women in these kinda games but it's a start.
    Aaaaanyway, and regarding this specific thread, I think it was a brilliant prank, and the name "Bro-siethe Riveter" really made me laugh. It was spot-on.

    NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

  3. #3
    Lvl 7 - Gold


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    690
    Reputation
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    That's pretty cool, but I just hope it does something more than buying her and her colleague lunch.
    I think it was about time stuff like this started happening, maybe it'll go even bigger and we'll see these kinda posters on the street as well?
    Not to go too deeply into the subject since I think it could be misinterpreted or taken to the extreme, but just yesterday they revelaled this costume for Chris from RE Revelations:

    Toggle Spoiler



    And it looks to me they're finally giving stuff "for the ladies" as well (again, I'm not trying to imply anything here), which I find really cool. It still doesn't take away the over-sexualization of women in these kinda games but it's a start.
    Aaaaanyway, and regarding this specific thread, I think it was a brilliant prank, and the name "Bro-siethe Riveter" really made me laugh. It was spot-on.
    Yeah the prank was really awesome. I also hope something bigger happens as well but i doubt anything would even happen

  4. #4
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    I hope to fuck it does not catch on, I don't want to be playing Uncharted and Drakes got speedos on, or Max Pain wearing lipstick .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  5. #5
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    The_Tonto's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    578
    Reputation
    22

    That was pretty funny .

    Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

  6. #6
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    johnny_leyenda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,111
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I hope to fuck it does not catch on, I don't want to be playing Uncharted and Drakes got speedos on, or Max Pain wearing lipstick .
    That would make sense if the female characters in those franchises were oversexualized. And most of the time revealing outfits are optional anyway. This is just a poster though, Hawken has nothing to do with shirtless guys or barely dressed girls.

    NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

  7. #7
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    oh boy shitaku

    if you listen to these people and agree to what they say you deserve to get removed from the gene pool

    not even going to click on the link because it lowers my iq and gives them admoney for it.

  8. #8
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    That would make sense if the female characters in those franchises were oversexualized. And most of the time revealing outfits are optional anyway. This is just a poster though, Hawken has nothing to do with shirtless guys or barely dressed girls.
    I meant in the industry of game making, bit of fun . You do know you don't have to analyze every single post, there are already dozens of site experts on just about everything , we don't need another .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  9. #9
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    johnny_leyenda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,111
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I meant in the industry of game making, bit of fun . You do know you don't have to analyze every single post, there are already dozens of site experts on just about everything , we don't need another .
    Ah, my apologies then! It's just that I saw some people on other forums making a fuss out of stuff like this and I guess I took it too seriously.

    NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

  10. #10
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post

    Toggle Spoiler

    if anyone feel this is sexy i feel sorry for them

  11. #11
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    johnny_leyenda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,111
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if anyone feel this is sexy i feel sorry for them
    Then for the love of all that's sacred stay away from the RE forums...
    It is not supposed to be sexy, but rather a homage to Popeye which fits well into the "at sea" theme of Revelations. Heck, Jill got a Pirate outfit (parrot included). In any case I'd prefer this a hundred times than another female character in a tight "battle suit" exposing only her breasts.

    I personally like the outfit.

    NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

  12. #12
    PRO Member
    JetGirl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    181
    Reputation
    28

    it would be nice to have more attractive male characters in games

  13. #13
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818



    I have this poster hanging in my room. No, this isn't a joke...my friend got me this on my birthday last year. :stare:


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  14. #14
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    I got these posters in mine, I am a bit conflicted



    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  15. #15
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    x-X-xAyax-X-x's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22
    Reputation
    2

    Love her for this! But I find the whole lunch thing kind of patronizing in itself. As for in general, I don't really care that much to be honest, but I can see why she would do it. Only thing I hate is when games have no female character choice, annoys me so bad. >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I got these posters in mine, I am a bit conflicted



    LOOL xD
    Last edited by x-X-xAyax-X-x; 05-22-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO