Gran Turismo 6 Gameplay Video & Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 6 Gameplay Video & Hands-On Impressions within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Jordan says: By participating in the big Gran Turismo 6 reveal at Silverstone , I had the opportunity to be ...

Autumn Leaves

Gran Turismo 6 Gameplay Video & Hands-On Impressions

Jordan says:
    By participating in the big Gran Turismo 6 reveal at Silverstone, I had the opportunity to be one of the first people in the world outside of Polyphony Digital to get some hands-on time with the game.

It was, sadly, all too brief, but it was enough to give me a good idea of what the game’s new physics engine feels like, and to capture some of the first gameplay video footage.

Above, you’ll see a few (admittedly quite slow) laps around Silverstone’s International Circuit in one of GT6‘s new cars, the KTM X-Bow R, along with a brief replay.

So, what does Polyphony Digital’s all-new physics engine feel like? It’s hard to describe, but let’s just say I think it will be hard to go back to Gran Turismo 5 after having experiencing GT6.

With traction control disabled and ABS set to 1 (I didn’t notice SRF was “on”…ugh, sorry!), it felt difficult to be “quick” around the track. However, the car was also easier to control, as if I had a better sense of the level of grip available at each wheel and exactly what the car was doing. It felt good.

When I play an older Gran Turismo game, I notice a kind of “numbness” or “dullness” in the handling characteristics of the cars, after having become accustomed to GT5. Now, I think I will feel the same way about GT5 the next time I play it.

The audio which you hear in the video was recorded via the television’s line-out headphone jack. It’s mono (single channel) sound, and doesn’t quite represent the sound that I could hear through the TV’s speakers. Although it’s not a radical change, I did notice a rougher, more visceral texture in the engine note that was more satisfying than what’s provided in GT5.

Regardless, Polyphony Digital’s work with Yokohama and suspension company KW Automotive has no doubt paid off, and the changes were immediately apparent to me after having spent only a very short time with the new game. Stay tuned for more exclusive GT6 gameplay and menu footage coming over the next several days.
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-gameplay-footage-and-hands-on-impressions/

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Still not totally convinced. It was the A.I that annoyed me, the linesmen on FIFA 13 had more life in them. They'd just follow each other.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I really thought they were going to be annoucning a VITA GT game and GT6 for the ps4 to help sell both the platforms, it doesnt look like the visuals have changed at all just the physics/load times for it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

dont like the series, but this looks better than real life

Autumn Leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I really thought they were going to be annoucning a VITA GT game and GT6 for the ps4 to help sell both the platforms, it doesnt look like the visuals have changed at all just the physics/load times for it.
    I thought so as well. Possibly could drive in more Vita purchases.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't take this hands on with any integrity as the car used is not available in GT at all. Nor was that track available to compare how similar cars feel on it.

They better fix rolling starts, qualifying, painting your car, penalty system, pricing, model availability, license testing......
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

RPG Master

If they make the AI actually smart I would buy this. It was really annoying to watch the opposing cars follow the same exact routes around the courses unless I hit them and even then they would recover and go back to what they were doing.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm not a car enthusiast, but this looks pretty good. Too similar to GT5 though.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Vacation - 26th September

I can’t wait to sample the physics and AI, I hope they made an effort to create more of a feeling of aggression and desire to win within the AI. Can't wait to try the GT6 demo in July.

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 9 - Gold

looks very similar to Gran Turismo 5, when i first saw it i thought it was.

I'm surprised that they announced GT6 to release so soon. GT5 had a massive build with a prologue game.

Fight the Future

I still think this game is going to be held back by the limitations of the PS3 and I still think we'll have hundreds of standard cars, but that doesn't matter to me. They've improved the physics and the game looks even better than GT5 so I'm positive I'm going to love Gran Turismo 6. I can't wait to get my hands on it but I hope this time, if Polyphony Digital decide to release a "Signature Edition" they'll release it in the USA as well so I won't have to import it again.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I hope they make a ps3 version because i will not be owning a PS4 for quite a few years...

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    I hope they make a ps3 version because i will not be owning a PS4 for quite a few years...
    It was announced as a PS3 title with the possibility for a PS4 release later.

After watching some more videos the suspension physics look so much better now. I cannot wait to try the demo in July but I hope it is a little better than the one we had for GT5 which was just a 370 and Indy.