EA Has Scrapped Online Passes...!? Things You Hate About EA Thread...

This is a discussion on EA Has Scrapped Online Passes...!? Things You Hate About EA Thread... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yes, no more future titles will have it, and EA explicitly said it's because [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif] "players didn't respond ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

EA Has Scrapped Online Passes...!? Things You Hate About EA Thread...

Yes, no more future titles will have it, and EA explicitly said it's because [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]"players didn't respond to the format". Three things here. A) As if; I think it's cos they didn't get enough revenue from it. B) They're using this situation to give them more credit? C) At least they actually DO KNOW what we, the gaming community, feel about certain aspects of EA; they aren't delusional to their 'problems', I think. EA, back in the PS2 days, were absolutely fine, I have to admit.

Well, EA, here is a bunch of other 'problems' I personally think you should amend:

-Disc locked DLC
    -Microtransactions
    -Always online DRM
    -Origin, and it's current objective
    -Not putting your games on Steam
    -Turning franchises into generic third person shooters to "appeal to a wider audience"
    -Your influence on studios, once you acquire them
    -Having to sign in to an EA account just to play a demo
    -Buying up good studios and ruining them before shutting them down completely
    -Getting your studios to lie about how nothing will run on the Wii U, even though it runs on something just a bit weaker than the XBOX 360 and PS3's hardware... All because you're pissed off that Nintendo wouldn't let you put Origin on their console
    -Thinking that supporting gay rights (I do, obviously) makes up for doing all of the above and makes you the best company ever (it doesn't)

Other things you hate about EA, or any other company? Personally, after how Ubisoft fucking fired the genius - and savior of the AC franchise - Patrice Desilets, Ubisoft is now my 2nd most hated company, SOLELY because of this. I mean, THE CREATOR OF THE SUBLIME ACII FFS. ACII's soundtrack, scenery, atmosphere, cities, landscapes, characters, lengthy and steadfast plot, beauty, pioneering qualities, combat, mechanics, lighting and impression... It was NEVER SEEN BEFORE. Give him another chance Ubisoft... LET 1666 become a possibility...?
    Last edited by Wisefire; 05-16-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    PSN: "GREENGOOD29" | Add me for a

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

DON'T BLINK

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Then this shall become a dedicated "Things you hate about EA thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Lvl 9 - Gold

They'll just replace it with always online DRM for every game now lol, oh wait Sim City that went down well didn't it EA?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can imagine this, especially with the rumored direction XBOX is going. Sony FTW (they "never thought" about always online)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    They'll just replace it with always online DRM for every game now lol, oh wait Sim City that went down well didn't it EA?

Please note

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
    Yes, no more future titles will have it, and EA explicitly said it's because [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]"players didn't respond to the format". Three things here. A) As if; I think it's cos they didn't get enough revenue from it. B) They're using this situation to give them more credit? C) At least they actually DO KNOW what we, the gaming community, feel about certain aspects of EA; they aren't delusional to their 'problems', I think. EA, back in the PS2 days, were absolutely fine, I have to admit.

Well, EA, here is a bunch of other 'problems' I personally think you should amend:

-Disc locked DLC
    -Microtransactions
    -Always online DRM
    -Origin, and it's current objective
    -Not putting your games on Steam
    -Turning franchises into generic third person shooters to "appeal to a wider audience"
    -Your influence on studios, once you acquire them
    -Having to sign in to an EA account just to play a demo
    -Buying up good studios and ruining them before shutting them down completely
    -Getting your studios to lie about how nothing will run on the Wii U, even though it runs on something just a bit weaker than the XBOX 360 and PS3's hardware... All because you're pissed off that Nintendo wouldn't let you put Origin on their console
    -Thinking that supporting gay rights (I do, obviously) makes up for doing all of the above and makes you the best company ever (it doesn't)

Other things you hate about EA, or any other company? Personally, after how Ubisoft fucking fired the genius - and savior of the AC franchise - Patrice Desilets, Ubisoft is now my 2nd most hated company, SOLELY because of this. I mean, THE CREATOR OF THE SUBLIME ACII FFS. ACII's soundtrack, scenery, atmosphere, cities, landscapes, characters, lengthy and steadfast plot, beauty, pioneering qualities, combat, mechanics, lighting and impression... It was NEVER SEEN BEFORE. Give him another chance Ubisoft... LET 1666 become a possibility...?
    You said everything i hate...they brag about Origin accounts,and their origin is needed everywhere lolz
    Also, i hate how they destroy some awesome franchises.....
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's good to know I was conscientious enough to list almost everything
    Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    You said everything i hate...they brag about Origin accounts,and their origin is needed everywhere lolz
    Also, i hate how they destroy some awesome franchises.....

Please note

Lvl 9 - Gold

Freedom! Freedom!

Lvl 9 - Gold

EA are making a start at getting bette,r its a step in the right direction but yes they have a lot more further to go to win back the community.

Rangers F.C

I don't hate them, I hate the people that buy almost every game they make then say they hate them .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Trophy Guide Kitten

K? Thanks