Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting reward for doing 100% on a game

This is a discussion on Getting reward for doing 100% on a game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax Wouldn't it be a great idea, if you would get an exclusive avatar for completing all ...

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Wouldn't it be a great idea, if you would get an exclusive avatar for completing all the DLCs in the game? And getting 100%.
    Yeah its a good idea, I would expect a bit more for buying all DLC . Game = 39.99 + average 3 x DLC = roughly 3 x 8 = 24 , this leaves a grand total of 64.99 . When you purchase a game and all the DLC and achieve 100% a 1 avatar seems a bit cheap to me .

Sony has the chance to make trophy hunting massive on the PS4, most people I know don't give a shit about trophies . Think what could be possible if all gamers wanted them, no more hacking, no more pointless trophy hunting . If you make them a part of the game and reward the player with in game items, avatars, bonus endings, discounts on DLC, unlocking cheat modes, bring back official trophy charts, hackers get banned for six months and there game that was hacked gets reset to 0%, repeat offenders get banned .
    Sony should add charts to the PSN, it should give you your position on your friends list, if I am the best out my friends I rank 1st not a world rank, this would create rivalry between friends, you could also check a world ranking on a separate chart . The amount of things they could do is amazing but if they pass up the chance trophies will remain pointless and even the biggest fans of them will tire eventually .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Negator

None of what's posted above will deter anyone from hacking trophies, nor will it make trophies more sought after.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    None of what's posted above will deter anyone from hacking trophies, nor will it make trophies more sought after.
    Yes it would . Are you saying charts littered with hackers and cheats does not make the whole thing pointless ? If you got an in game reward for earning trophies it would make more people want them, being number one on your friends list would make you want to compete with friends, what would you recommend they do ? just leaving it the way it is would suck .
    You have 85 platinum's, once you have 200 will you still think they are worth collecting if nothing changes ? all they are is something pretty to look at .

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There has been talks of a trophy reward system a long time ago and honestly I think it would be great but dont think sony would do it for the ps3.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yes it would . Are you saying charts littered with hackers and cheats does not make the whole thing pointless ? If you got an in game reward for earning trophies it would make more people want them, being number one on your friends list would make you want to compete with friends, what would you recommend they do ? just leaving it the way it is would suck .
    You have 85 platinum's, once you have 200 will you still think they are worth collecting if nothing changes ? all they are is something pretty to look at .
    No amount of bribery will make people quit hacking games. Ever.

At this point, if you're not a competitive gamer and you're at a competent age, then you're most likely not going to be one. It's not like being "#1" is a new concept...I used to spend every day after school in the arcades trying to be top of the leaderboard.

People who want to compete are already competing; measuring themselves against friends and strangers alike. This was true long before we had an organized system to catalog gaming accomplishments.

As for my 85 platinums, I don't see what your point is. I game for me. Not you, or your faggy crew. Not your grandma, or her Facebook friends. Not for leaderboards or e-peen. Over 30 years later, I'm still gaming. Still competing. This gen is but a mere shadow compared to the games I've conquered in my time.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

No amount of bribery will make people quit hacking games. Ever.

At this point, if you're not a competitive gamer and you're at a competent age, then you're most likely not going to be one. It's not like being "#1" is a new concept...I used to spend every day after school in the arcades trying to be top of the leaderboard.

People who want to compete are already competing; measuring themselves against friends and strangers alike. This was true long before we had an organized system to catalog gaming accomplishments.

As for my 85 platinums, I don't see what your point is. I game for me. Not you, or your faggy crew. Not your grandma, or her Facebook friends. Not for leaderboards or e-peen. Over 30 years later, I'm still gaming. Still competing. This gen is but a mere shadow compared to the games I've conquered in my time.
    I am not talking about bribing them, I want Sony to make it not possible or at least remove hackers from the official charts . What I mean buy your plats is that you and others just game, myself included, you would still do it if they were not there, they can make the trophies a part of gaming and fun to collect, right now they are just a number and offer little to improve gaming .

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah its a good idea, I would expect a bit more for buying all DLC . Game = 39.99 + average 3 x DLC = roughly 3 x 8 = 24 , this leaves a grand total of 64.99 . When you purchase a game and all the DLC and achieve 100% a 1 avatar seems a bit cheap to me .

Sony has the chance to make trophy hunting massive on the PS4, most people I know don't give a shit about trophies . Think what could be possible if all gamers wanted them, no more hacking, no more pointless trophy hunting . If you make them a part of the game and reward the player with in game items, avatars, bonus endings, discounts on DLC, unlocking cheat modes, bring back official trophy charts, hackers get banned for six months and there game that was hacked gets reset to 0%, repeat offenders get banned .
    Sony should add charts to the PSN, it should give you your position on your friends list, if I am the best out my friends I rank 1st not a world rank, this would create rivalry between friends, you could also check a world ranking on a separate chart . The amount of things they could do is amazing but if they pass up the chance trophies will remain pointless and even the biggest fans of them will tire eventually .
    I mean avatars that aren't for sale on ps store, exclusive for people who achieved this and that. Btw all great ideas with friends leader boards, would be awesome
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Negator

I am not talking about bribing them, I want Sony to make it not possible or at least remove hackers from the official charts . What I mean buy your plats is that you and others just game, myself included, you would still do it if they were not there, they can make the trophies a part of gaming and fun to collect, right now they are just a number and offer little to improve gaming .
    Giving away avatars and themes is essentially bribery. I understand your intent is for these trinkets to be used as an incentive to completionists, but as your signature says, you can't learn anything from someone who agrees with you. I'm the other side of the coin...the one where real gamers don't need anything more than their own satisfaction with their accomplishments.

As for hackers and cheaters, get the fuck over it. They're not going anywhere. Certain cheats will get caught, and made an example out of, but in the end, hackers are here to stay. With PS4 being essentially a PC, you'd better get used to more cheating and more hacking...and yes, this will most definitely include online competitive multiplayer games, and not just the current CoD flavor of the month.

Rangers F.C

Giving away avatars and themes is essentially bribery. I understand your intent is for these trinkets to be used as an incentive to completionists, but as your signature says, you can't learn anything from someone who agrees with you. I'm the other side of the coin...the one where real gamers don't need anything more than their own satisfaction with their accomplishments.

As for hackers and cheaters, get the fuck over it. They're not going anywhere. Certain cheats will get caught, and made an example out of, but in the end, hackers are here to stay. With PS4 being essentially a PC, you'd better get used to more cheating and more hacking...and yes, this will most definitely include online competitive multiplayer games, and not just the current CoD flavor of the month.
    Fair points, I still want rewards for loyalty to a franchise or game after purchasing the DLC, hacking probably will get worse but in an ideal word it would be better without it .

Negator

I still want rewards for loyalty to a franchise or game after purchasing the DLC
    I'm contempt with knowing my purchase went towards a worthy developer/publisher. I don't give revenue to studios I don't support.

I can agree that FFXIII had a nice touch with their themes and avatar unlocks.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post

Why? Just because you played their game, that they spent a lot of their time and effort into producing for YOU to play, you think you should be entitled or deserve a reward for completing the game et al to 100%? Give me a break. That is just being greedy.
    So when they put their DLC package in front of your face as they take a $20 bill from your wallet, I guess you open right up and start to bob, huh?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

in my humble opinion i think it would be great if one can use his Plat image as ana avatar that way it's not bribery nor is it too much to ask a far from anything else this is after all a hobby no matter how competitive it gets it's a hobby even if you are like most of us playing 10 hours a day or even more on holidays

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post

Why? Just because you played their game, that they spent a lot of their time and effort into producing for YOU to play, you think you should be entitled or deserve a reward for completing the game et al to 100%? Give me a break. That is just being greedy.
    Yes they all gave up there free time to bring us the games, devs are wonderful people almost in the same league as charity workers . Since I was a kid games have got shorter and more expensive, now there is DLC cut from the original game to be sold later, DLC locked on disk, micro transactions . The ration to of games made good to bad is terrible, probably 9/10 games suck big time .
    If you support a game/franchise they should reward you for it, after all you keep them in a job and put a roof over there head .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12