Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Getting reward for doing 100% on a game

This is a discussion on Getting reward for doing 100% on a game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax Wouldn't it be a great idea, if you would get an exclusive avatar for completing all ...

  1. #21
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Wouldn't it be a great idea, if you would get an exclusive avatar for completing all the DLCs in the game? And getting 100%.
    Yeah its a good idea, I would expect a bit more for buying all DLC . Game = 39.99 + average 3 x DLC = roughly 3 x 8 = 24 , this leaves a grand total of 64.99 . When you purchase a game and all the DLC and achieve 100% a 1 avatar seems a bit cheap to me .

    Sony has the chance to make trophy hunting massive on the PS4, most people I know don't give a shit about trophies . Think what could be possible if all gamers wanted them, no more hacking, no more pointless trophy hunting . If you make them a part of the game and reward the player with in game items, avatars, bonus endings, discounts on DLC, unlocking cheat modes, bring back official trophy charts, hackers get banned for six months and there game that was hacked gets reset to 0%, repeat offenders get banned .
    Sony should add charts to the PSN, it should give you your position on your friends list, if I am the best out my friends I rank 1st not a world rank, this would create rivalry between friends, you could also check a world ranking on a separate chart . The amount of things they could do is amazing but if they pass up the chance trophies will remain pointless and even the biggest fans of them will tire eventually .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  2. #22
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    None of what's posted above will deter anyone from hacking trophies, nor will it make trophies more sought after.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  3. #23
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    None of what's posted above will deter anyone from hacking trophies, nor will it make trophies more sought after.
    Yes it would . Are you saying charts littered with hackers and cheats does not make the whole thing pointless ? If you got an in game reward for earning trophies it would make more people want them, being number one on your friends list would make you want to compete with friends, what would you recommend they do ? just leaving it the way it is would suck .
    You have 85 platinum's, once you have 200 will you still think they are worth collecting if nothing changes ? all they are is something pretty to look at .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  4. #24
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    steveng1678's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rincon, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    100
    Reputation
    2

    There has been talks of a trophy reward system a long time ago and honestly I think it would be great but dont think sony would do it for the ps3.

  5. #25
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yes it would . Are you saying charts littered with hackers and cheats does not make the whole thing pointless ? If you got an in game reward for earning trophies it would make more people want them, being number one on your friends list would make you want to compete with friends, what would you recommend they do ? just leaving it the way it is would suck .
    You have 85 platinum's, once you have 200 will you still think they are worth collecting if nothing changes ? all they are is something pretty to look at .
    No amount of bribery will make people quit hacking games. Ever.

    At this point, if you're not a competitive gamer and you're at a competent age, then you're most likely not going to be one. It's not like being "#1" is a new concept...I used to spend every day after school in the arcades trying to be top of the leaderboard.

    People who want to compete are already competing; measuring themselves against friends and strangers alike. This was true long before we had an organized system to catalog gaming accomplishments.

    As for my 85 platinums, I don't see what your point is. I game for me. Not you, or your faggy crew. Not your grandma, or her Facebook friends. Not for leaderboards or e-peen. Over 30 years later, I'm still gaming. Still competing. This gen is but a mere shadow compared to the games I've conquered in my time.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  6. #26
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    No amount of bribery will make people quit hacking games. Ever.

    At this point, if you're not a competitive gamer and you're at a competent age, then you're most likely not going to be one. It's not like being "#1" is a new concept...I used to spend every day after school in the arcades trying to be top of the leaderboard.

    People who want to compete are already competing; measuring themselves against friends and strangers alike. This was true long before we had an organized system to catalog gaming accomplishments.

    As for my 85 platinums, I don't see what your point is. I game for me. Not you, or your faggy crew. Not your grandma, or her Facebook friends. Not for leaderboards or e-peen. Over 30 years later, I'm still gaming. Still competing. This gen is but a mere shadow compared to the games I've conquered in my time.
    I am not talking about bribing them, I want Sony to make it not possible or at least remove hackers from the official charts . What I mean buy your plats is that you and others just game, myself included, you would still do it if they were not there, they can make the trophies a part of gaming and fun to collect, right now they are just a number and offer little to improve gaming .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  7. #27
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    BeefcakeJax's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    City of Dunwall
    Posts
    652
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yeah its a good idea, I would expect a bit more for buying all DLC . Game = 39.99 + average 3 x DLC = roughly 3 x 8 = 24 , this leaves a grand total of 64.99 . When you purchase a game and all the DLC and achieve 100% a 1 avatar seems a bit cheap to me .

    Sony has the chance to make trophy hunting massive on the PS4, most people I know don't give a shit about trophies . Think what could be possible if all gamers wanted them, no more hacking, no more pointless trophy hunting . If you make them a part of the game and reward the player with in game items, avatars, bonus endings, discounts on DLC, unlocking cheat modes, bring back official trophy charts, hackers get banned for six months and there game that was hacked gets reset to 0%, repeat offenders get banned .
    Sony should add charts to the PSN, it should give you your position on your friends list, if I am the best out my friends I rank 1st not a world rank, this would create rivalry between friends, you could also check a world ranking on a separate chart . The amount of things they could do is amazing but if they pass up the chance trophies will remain pointless and even the biggest fans of them will tire eventually .
    I mean avatars that aren't for sale on ps store, exclusive for people who achieved this and that. Btw all great ideas with friends leader boards, would be awesome
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

  8. #28
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I am not talking about bribing them, I want Sony to make it not possible or at least remove hackers from the official charts . What I mean buy your plats is that you and others just game, myself included, you would still do it if they were not there, they can make the trophies a part of gaming and fun to collect, right now they are just a number and offer little to improve gaming .
    Giving away avatars and themes is essentially bribery. I understand your intent is for these trinkets to be used as an incentive to completionists, but as your signature says, you can't learn anything from someone who agrees with you. I'm the other side of the coin...the one where real gamers don't need anything more than their own satisfaction with their accomplishments.

    As for hackers and cheaters, get the fuck over it. They're not going anywhere. Certain cheats will get caught, and made an example out of, but in the end, hackers are here to stay. With PS4 being essentially a PC, you'd better get used to more cheating and more hacking...and yes, this will most definitely include online competitive multiplayer games, and not just the current CoD flavor of the month.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  9. #29
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Giving away avatars and themes is essentially bribery. I understand your intent is for these trinkets to be used as an incentive to completionists, but as your signature says, you can't learn anything from someone who agrees with you. I'm the other side of the coin...the one where real gamers don't need anything more than their own satisfaction with their accomplishments.

    As for hackers and cheaters, get the fuck over it. They're not going anywhere. Certain cheats will get caught, and made an example out of, but in the end, hackers are here to stay. With PS4 being essentially a PC, you'd better get used to more cheating and more hacking...and yes, this will most definitely include online competitive multiplayer games, and not just the current CoD flavor of the month.
    Fair points, I still want rewards for loyalty to a franchise or game after purchasing the DLC, hacking probably will get worse but in an ideal word it would be better without it .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  10. #30
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I still want rewards for loyalty to a franchise or game after purchasing the DLC
    I'm contempt with knowing my purchase went towards a worthy developer/publisher. I don't give revenue to studios I don't support.

    I can agree that FFXIII had a nice touch with their themes and avatar unlocks.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  11. #31
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Mihalick's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    780
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post


    Why? Just because you played their game, that they spent a lot of their time and effort into producing for YOU to play, you think you should be entitled or deserve a reward for completing the game et al to 100%? Give me a break. That is just being greedy.
    So when they put their DLC package in front of your face as they take a $20 bill from your wallet, I guess you open right up and start to bob, huh?

    MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE


  12. #32
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Aboelsas's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Egypt,Cairo
    Posts
    593
    Reputation
    12

    in my humble opinion i think it would be great if one can use his Plat image as ana avatar that way it's not bribery nor is it too much to ask a far from anything else this is after all a hobby no matter how competitive it gets it's a hobby even if you are like most of us playing 10 hours a day or even more on holidays

    Toggle Spoiler


    For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

    quoted by Robinworldwide


  13. #33
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post


    Why? Just because you played their game, that they spent a lot of their time and effort into producing for YOU to play, you think you should be entitled or deserve a reward for completing the game et al to 100%? Give me a break. That is just being greedy.
    Yes they all gave up there free time to bring us the games, devs are wonderful people almost in the same league as charity workers . Since I was a kid games have got shorter and more expensive, now there is DLC cut from the original game to be sold later, DLC locked on disk, micro transactions . The ration to of games made good to bad is terrible, probably 9/10 games suck big time .
    If you support a game/franchise they should reward you for it, after all you keep them in a job and put a roof over there head .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO