Metro: Last Light is the "triumph of an underdog"

This is a discussion on Metro: Last Light is the "triumph of an underdog" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am not sure if this was posted on the forums already i suck at searching so i apologize if ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Metro: Last Light is the "triumph of an underdog"

I am not sure if this was posted on the forums already i suck at searching so i apologize if its already posted.
    Jason Rubin: Metro: Last Light is the "triumph of an underdog" | GamesIndustry International

After reading this article i really feel like going out to buy Metro last light just to support the devs. I was planning on borrowing it from a friend but now i am thinking of buying it. I rather support devs like 4a then give my money to companies like Ea who ruin franchises. I also find it sad looking at youtube and ign comments that some people are gonna torrent/boycott this game because of the pre order ranger dlc not being in the game. They are all blaming koch media when it was the fault of Thq. I really hope this game sells well

Rangers F.C

Totally agree mate, I will buy this new too . The better this game does the better for all of us, it might help break the rapid decline COD has brought to gaming . If this game was made in the west it would probably suck, I am glad Russians made it
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Totally agree mate, I will buy this new too . The better this game does the better for all of us, it might help break the rapid decline COD has brought to gaming . If this game was made in the west it would probably suck, I am glad Russians made it
    i cant imagine what they could have accomplished with better tech and a proper working environment. and l agree with u it would have probably sucked if it was made in the west

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm getting this game at the first chance been looking forward to this, props to the devs for making such an awesome game with fewer resources etc

INTJ

I dont know whether to get this game or not because i had complaints about the PC Port but they fixed the problems i had (FOV was locked to 70 and Auto-aim was permanently on.)

I love Metro 2033 though, is this game still keep that vibe or did they fuck it up and casualize it.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    I dont know whether to get this game or not because i had complaints about the PC Port but they fixed the problems i had (FOV was locked to 70 and Auto-aim was permanently on.)

I love Metro 2033 though, is this game still keep that vibe or did they fuck it up and casualize it.
    Never played 2033 so I couldn't tell you. I have only just started the game and so far the graphics are very fluid, character moves kind of slow, starting gameplay was also slow but shows the potential of being really awesome and their humor is pretty funny (You climb up a ladder after this sniper lady and she yells down the ladder to stop looking at her ass and that a look will be as much as you get) So I say it's worth getting.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    What's FOV and what was wrong with M:LL's FOV?
    Field of View.

90 Is usually the standard but since Games keep trying to push out better graphics on outdated consoles they keep pushing it down to 70.

People actually get motion sickness if the FOV is below 90.

70 Is Console Optimization standard, less to render.

90 is Standard, Basically close to the human eye as possible.

200+ is Quake mode.

Metro Had 70 FOV on PC Till yesterday when they pushed out a patch on PC to change it to whatever you want

Lvl 7 - Gold

Field of View.

90 Is usually the standard but since Games keep trying to push out better graphics on outdated consoles they keep pushing it down to 70.

People actually get motion sickness if the FOV is below 90.

70 Is Console Optimization standard, less to render.

90 is Standard, Basically close to the human eye as possible.

200+ is Quake mode.

Metro Had 70 FOV on PC Till yesterday when they pushed out a patch on PC to change it to whatever you want
    Honestly i dont see much of a difference but i never do see much of a difference even on graphics comparision videos. I will be getting it on my ps3 soon

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Never played 2033 so I couldn't tell you. I have only just started the game and so far the graphics are very fluid, character moves kind of slow, starting gameplay was also slow but shows the potential of being really awesome and their humor is pretty funny (You climb up a ladder after this sniper lady and she yells down the ladder to stop looking at her ass and that a look will be as much as you get) So I say it's worth getting.
    Good to hear that the humour is funny looking forward to playing the game

Lvl 9 - Gold

While it's great for the devs to actually be able to make their game under such crappy conditions, time and budget, I'm still not approving of the DLC stuff, most notably the Hard mode option. If I could give my money directly to the devs (skipping the publisher) I would, but since it's not the case I'll wait for a price drop. I have yet to play Metro 2033 anyway (got it free on Steam but my computer can't run it).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

And they say nurses have it tough...

I'm still not spending 35 on a singleplayer only FPS

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    While it's great for the devs to actually be able to make their game under such crappy conditions, time and budget, I'm still not approving of the DLC stuff, most notably the Hard mode option. If I could give my money directly to the devs (skipping the publisher) I would, but since it's not the case I'll wait for a price drop. I have yet to play Metro 2033 anyway (got it free on Steam but my computer can't run it).
    its not the current publishers fsult but the previous publishers fault and the limited edition copies are still in stores so if u buy it now u get the dlc with the game

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    And they say nurses have it tough...

I'm still not spending 35 on a singleplayer only FPS
    its because of people like you publishers are forcing devs to add shitty multiplayer im games which dont need multiplayer for eg spec ops the line
    what i mean is why would u want a shitty mp which is what most games havw nowadays

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    its because of people like you publishers are forcing devs to add shitty multiplayer im games which dont need multiplayer for eg spec ops the line
    what i mean is why would u want a shitty mp which is what most games havw nowadays
    nobodies forcing devs to add mp. Didn't Metro have multiplayer taken away? And where did I say I wanted a shitty multiplayer? The days of me personally buying singleplayer only fps games are over. That p.o.s Bioshock Infinite was the last nail in the coffin

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    its not the current publishers fsult but the previous publishers fault and the limited edition copies are still in stores so if u buy it now u get the dlc with the game
    I know, but it's still something I disapprove of.
    Besides campaign is only 10 hours long, I wouldn't pay full price for a 10-hour game.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Fight the Future

From what I've played, it is better than 2033 is just about every way. The gun play is tighter, the character movements are more realistic, and the game just feels better overall. I played 2033 on PC and I'm playing Last Light on PS3. My only "complaint" so far is it is easier than 2033 but I'm playing it on normal so when I do another playthrough on Ranger mode I'm sure I'll have a challenge on my hands.

If you enjoyed 2033 you should love Last Light. Unless of course your a "PC master race" douchebag and can't stand that the developers made the games for all the consoles this time around instead of only for PC and Triple Sixty. Yes, I've heard many a person say they won't buy it simply because it is available on console so it must be a shitty game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    nobodies forcing devs to add mp. Didn't Metro have multiplayer taken away? And where did I say I wanted a shitty multiplayer? The days of me personally buying singleplayer only fps games are over. That p.o.s Bioshock Infinite was the last nail in the coffin
    I know its your personal preference and also for metro it was taken out due to time constraint. But for some games like spec ops the line 2k games forced yager to add multiplayer and it turned out to be shit. ALso nowadays i personally find that none of the other Fps can match the multiplayer of cod and battlefield. So i think they are all not worth playing. Also i am curious to know why u bioshock infinite was a piece of shit game