Playstation Move

This is a discussion on Playstation Move within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just trying to find some concrete evidence on it, because I'm contemplating buying it, whatever "it" is. I've tried several ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Playstation Move

Just trying to find some concrete evidence on it, because I'm contemplating buying it, whatever "it" is. I've tried several sites to find out more but I'm still not entirely sure how it works. Most places sell it as a bundle with a PS3 obviously I don't want another system (unless it was my old one getting repaired). Is the playstation move just specialty controllers and a playstation eye? If so, does it have to be the eye? Can it be any webcam? I'm asking because I would like to take advantage of some fairly simple Platinums that requires the hardware to get. Thanks.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lord of all Goat-Men

It requires the Playstation Eye to work.
    If your TV is small, don't even bother - PS Move needs a large TV with some space to work properly.
    I've tried it with a bunch of games and I'm not impressed.

I've played: Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Resistance 3, and House of the Dead Overkill.

I hear good things about Sports Champions.

Bob 'n' Becca

In my room I have a 40 or 45 inch screen, but the bed takes up most of the room. I'd have to bring downstairs where there's a 65 inch. I didn't even think about the size of the television being important. Thanks for that info.

As for already having games that can use the move controller, I only have re5. But I'd never use the move to play that.

So, the eye is necessary, but is that and the wand controller the only thing that makes the move a such thing? Do I just need them and my PS3?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Gaming since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    In my room I have a 40 or 45 inch screen, but the bed takes up most of the room. I'd have to bring downstairs where there's a 65 inch. I didn't even think about the size of the television being important. Thanks for that info.

As for already having games that can use the move controller, I only have re5. But I'd never use the move to play that.

So, the eye is necessary, but is that and the wand controller the only thing that makes the move a such thing? Do I just need them and my PS3?
    You need the PS Eye, a "wand" controller and a navigation controller-or use a normal PS controller instead for navigation. I'd recommend a nav controller though.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by jess1234567 View Post
    You need the PS Eye, a "wand" controller and a navigation controller-or use a normal PS controller instead for navigation. I'd recommend a nav controller though.
    Yeah you don't have to have the navigation controller but it is useful. And even some Move games can use two wand controllers. Sports Champions is a great Move game but I wouldn't say it's worth all the extra hardware..
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have the Move (got it for Christmas) with Sports Champions and other games. I have used it for like 3 or 4 hours and it's not very fun. It's accurate but there are no games worth getting a Move IMO (unless you just want trophies which would make it a waste of money anyway). I tried BioShock Infinite and Resistance 3 but combat was hard at times.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Negator

As with all motion gaming, it sucks and it's not fun.

Here's the official FAQ PlayStationŽMove Motion Controller FAQs

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Just trying to find some concrete evidence on it, because I'm contemplating buying it, whatever "it" is. I've tried several sites to find out more but I'm still not entirely sure how it works. Most places sell it as a bundle with a PS3 obviously I don't want another system (unless it was my old one getting repaired). Is the playstation move just specialty controllers and a playstation eye? If so, does it have to be the eye? Can it be any webcam? I'm asking because I would like to take advantage of some fairly simple Platinums that requires the hardware to get. Thanks.
    Well...i have played 2 games that can only be played with move: Sport Champions and The Shoot.You will strugle with them...PS Move needs an PS Eye,a move controller and large space (Which i don't have,which is a big mistake xD)
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

I have the PS Move and quite a few games for it... Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Racquet Sports, Medieval Moves, Brunswick Pro Bowling. I definitely recommend "Move Required" titles for a better experience.

I have 4 move controllers which is pretty good if you have a group over (for Sports Champions) but I don't have any nav controllers right now. The nav controller is not required but it may be useful in some cases. I have played the demos for Sorcery, PS Move Heroes, and Carnival Island and those were pretty fun too. The ideal setup is to have the PS Eye either above or below the TV and you should be standing about 8 feet away if your room allows it. I have played the Wii (never owned it, though) and the PS Move seems to be a lot more accurate.

The "Move compatible" games don't seem that good in my opinion since they are usually easier to play with a controller, but move-specific DLC or side titles (like the LBP2 Move pack and Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves) are pretty fun and a neat way to use the Move. I agree that the overall list of titles is not great though.

In conclusion, I guess you should just ask if you are interested at all in motion-enabled gaming. If you are, then the Move is the best system out there, but the list of titles on the Wii is better. It costs somewhere around $50-$70 to get a Move starter bundle with the bare minimum equipment and Sports Champions (which is the best title). However, if you want to plat Sports Champions then you will need a second move controller, and it is helpful for most other games as well. None of the Move plats I have achieved are easy so don't get it if you just want trophies.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports