Kevin Conroy will be returning for Batman: Arkham Origins but not as Batman

This is a discussion on Kevin Conroy will be returning for Batman: Arkham Origins but not as Batman within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; In a Q&A session at Dallas Comic-Con, Conroy announced that he has been working on the “next Arkham game” for ...

Blood in the Streets

Kevin Conroy will be returning for Batman: Arkham Origins but not as Batman

In a Q&A session at Dallas Comic-Con, Conroy announced that he has been working on the “next Arkham game” for the past “nine or ten months”, and claimed the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is what kept him from talking about the project.

In the interview, Conroy describes the upcoming Arkham title as, “an unbelievable game,” with a “huge cast” and a “big story” that is “just amazing.”

The 58 year old who has been the voice of almost every animated and game-related version of Batman since 1993′s ‘Mask of the Phantasm‘ will be returning once again to voice the Caped Crusader.

http://pixelenemy.com/kevin-conroy-w...rkham-origins/

PRO Member

That's good news, now let's see what happens with The Joker

PRO Member

awesome news....i hope they get Ron Pearlmen, to voice Death Stroke like in Teen Titans...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

*insert Latin phrase*

Well this brightened my day. Hopefully he can get that younger, inexperienced edge into this younger Batman.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 5 - Silver

That's good because Kevin Conroy is the only person with the right voice for Batman.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

RPG Master

Now that Kevin Conroy is back I really, really wish that a DLC comes out for this based on the 'Mask of the Phantasm' movie.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Let Me Watch

Strange, I thought they were getting a different voice actor since it's a younger Batman
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    That's good news, now let's see what happens with The Joker

hopefully John DiMaggio if Luke Skywalker is out the picture

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 7 - Gold

YES!!!!! this is great news

September MotM 2013

Sorry to burst some bubbles here, BUT Kevin Conroy is returning, BUT not as Batman. Batman in Arkham Origins will be voiced by Roger Craig Smith (Ezio Auditore, Chris Redfield, Current Voice of Sonic). Also revealed is that Troy Baker will be playing The Joker.

Warner Bros. revealed Batman: Arkham Origins is fronted by two of gaming's most prominent voice actors. Roger Craig Smith is confirmed as the caped crusader, and Troy Baker is his nemesis, the Joker.

If you don't recognize the names, you'll definitely recognize their previous work. Craig Smith's immense portfolio includes Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed, Chris Redfield from Resident Evil, and he's the current voice of Sonic. While he's never starred in anything Batman related, he does have superhero experience. It is for the other side, however; he's played Captain America in both games and animations.

Baker is similarly prolific. While he recently graced our screens as Booker DeWitt inBioShock Infinite, his past work includes Sgt. Matt Baker in Gearbox's Brothers in Arms, Snow from the Final Fantasy 13 line, Kai Leng from Mass Effect 3, and Vincent fromCatherine. When we profiled Baker around this time last year, he shared his love for all things Batman on the back of starring in Arkham City.

"Being a part of Arkham City was just incredible - because I'm a huge Batman fan," Baker told us, "And to play Two-Face and Robin after growing up watching The Animated Serieswas a banner moment for me."

The news follows apparent confirmation long-time Batman vocalist Kevin Conroy does starin Origins, but how he features remains to be seen. We know Origins deals with Batman's"initiation into that insane world" of the other Arkham games, so perhaps Conroy's role is something retrospective. Even if Conroy doesn't play the dark knight in any sense inOrigins, to fans he's still the goddamn Batman.

Bat-click here to check out our preview and the new trailer.
    Kevin Conroy will be in the game, but it hasn't been revealed in what way.

Batman: Arkham Origins stars Roger Craig Smith as Batman, Troy Baker as Joker | Joystiq

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

PRO Member

I doubt Conroy plays another character, my guess is there are two Batmans in the game, maybe the story is told from the perspective of "Old" Batman

Blood in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Sorry to burst some bubbles here, BUT Kevin Conroy is returning, BUT not as Batman. Batman in Arkham Origins will be voiced by Roger Craig Smith (Ezio Auditore, Chris Redfield, Current Voice of Sonic). Also revealed is that Troy Baker will be playing The Joker.

Kevin Conroy will be in the game, but it hasn't been revealed in what way.

Batman: Arkham Origins stars Roger Craig Smith as Batman, Troy Baker as Joker | Joystiq
    Thanks for clarifying

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecks13 View Post
    awesome news....i hope they get Ron Pearlmen, to voice Death Stroke like in Teen Titans...
    ^^This!!^^ His voice fits Death Stroke's persona, an it would make his character even more sick.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Oh well, at least he'll be in the game.