Current PS Network Connection Issues..

This is a discussion on Current PS Network Connection Issues.. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I thought maybe GTA IV somehow inadvertently messed up my connection while trying to accept a friend request while gaming, ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Current PS Network Connection Issues..

I thought maybe GTA IV somehow inadvertently messed up my connection while trying to accept a friend request while gaming, it was lagging hardcore on messages and loading up XMB etc, so I had to shut it down from ingame [got the 3 beep thing]. I restarted it, and noticed the sign in was going real slow, and then it'd connect but very very slowly start loading Friends with no Avatars. I figured eh maybe it hiccuped and just needed to chill a bit. Shut it down, cooled it off, then ran some Internet Connection Tests and 2 out of 3 times the PlayStation Network thing would say 'Failed' and the times it would connect in test the down/upload speeds were garbage [like 177kbps UP - while I ran Xfinity Speed Test on PC and got 20mbps UP]. Decided I'd just unplug everything, both PS3's, PC, modem/router and let it sit a while, then reboot. PC got superb speed tests, but PS3's are still effing up. Is there some random 'Sunday PSN Maint' I wasn't told about? lol It was working just fine and smooth RIGHT before this 'issue' sprang up. Perhaps 90billion people are using their PS3 for Netflix to watch Arrested Development [Guilty].

My question, anyone else getting this severe slowdown on theirs? Or is it maybe just local.

Legalize it...

I got kicked off while watching Arrested Development just now. I had to shut my PS3 off because it wouldnt let me sign back in, then it still didnt connect so I ran the test and my internet is fine (which I knew) when I did the test the only thing that failed was PSN. So I shut it off again and now Im back in. My friend in Mass was also having issues earlier. Last week I got kicked off a few times and got a DNS error a few times but then after trying to sign in or turning off the PS3 it works fine after. Also maintenance shouldnt have anything to do with it. Ive never not been able to sign in etc when its under maintenance. The only thing that doesnt work for me is the store when it says scheduled maintenance...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Nothing over here for me, maybe a hiccup in the network
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Plats-O'-War!!

I had a minor issue signing in, but after I ran a connection test, everything came out fine, and was able to sign in after that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

My sign-ins have been fine. Maybe its something in your area?
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

PRO Member

No problems over here

Lvl 5 - Silver

Thanks for all the responses. YEah I have no idea what it was. My guess is it was the 90 million people all watching Netflix/Arrested Development on their PS3's lol and it overloaded the Networks in some areas. XD We watched the entire 4th season in one day! I'm on West Coast/Pacific and it did it to me, but also my friend in Chicago had the exact same issue.

Retraction: My UPload speed on test was 11mpbs and DOWNload was 78mbps. [20 UP would be insanity] XD

Lvl 5 - Silver

PS- I sincerely hope they put a MUCH better network card in the PS4... it's sad that even though I have an ultimate Comcast Xfinity package that gets me those insane high speeds on PC, the PS3 can only read to a certain speed, even on Wired [which is much faster than Wireless, btw]. *crosses fingers*