Worried about console ban

This is a discussion on Worried about console ban within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So this kid saw me glitching on an online game and he said he would console ban me. Ive been ...

Banned

Worried about console ban

So this kid saw me glitching on an online game and he said he would console ban me. Ive been s****ing myself about it so I just need to know some stuff about it What does it do? Does it ban all of your accounts on your ps3? What do you have to do to get console ban?

Rangers F.C

I don't think some kid could console ban you, I could be wrong .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Kiwi Defender

Don't even worry about it. The kid was just trying to scare you in order to make you stop glitching. As far as I know, the only ones who can console ban you right now are the dudes working at Sony.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I wouldn't imagine you have anything to worry about really. What exactly happened with this 'glitch'?

Lvl 8 - Gold

If you cheated in an online game you deserve it.
    That being said, he's just blowing smoke. He can't do anything to your account. He has to report it to Sony with evidence of you glitching and then Sony has to decide if you're going to be banned or not. However, even if Sony decides to ban you (unlikely), they'd just ban your account, not your console.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    That being said, he's just blowing smoke. He can't do anything to your account. He has to report it to Sony with evidence of you glitching and then Sony has to decide if you're going to be banned or not. However, even if Sony decides to ban you (unlikely), they'd just ban your account, not your console.
    More or less this, though if you didn't use this "glitch" to gain an unfair advantage in competitive online but rather to just screw around and have some fun I wouldn't really care

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by harpoharpo5 View Post
    So this kid saw me glitching on an online game and he said he would console ban me. Ive been s****ing myself about it so I just need to know some stuff about it What does it do? Does it ban all of your accounts on your ps3? What do you have to do to get console ban?
    It depends on the nature of the glitch.

If you're using Custom Firmware and fucking around in CoD MP, then you can be console banned.
    If you're using a hacked God Mode game save in a game like Demon's Souls to invade other worlds, then you can be account banned.
    If you've done nothing to the system or save game files and are exploiting a game engine glitch, then you're getting smoke blown up your ass.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    If you're using a hacked God Mode game save in a game like Demon's Souls to invade other worlds, then you can be account banned.

What is this?
    Google it.

We don't discuss game saves here.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post

What is this?
    Seek and you shall find. God Mode exists in DS and it works online. Do it at your peril.

If used online, potentially ANY hacked game save can get you account and/or console banned, depending on the discretion and vigilance of whoever administers a game's MP servers. There's a file in every game save that contains the account & console sig of the original owner. If not properly converted, it's an easy red flag for Sony & game devs to trace. Badabing badaboom...banned!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I did a mw2 glitch where you climb up the building in highrise. Dont tell me youve never done a glitch before

Saints Row IV

I did a mw2 glitch where you climb up the building in highrise. Dont tell me youve never done a glitch before
    Oh that glitch
    Don't even worry.I have encountered many stupid kids on COD....you can troll him if you want,the console ban the kid says is a lie.
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

I've encountered people on CoD who said they would console ban you and you aren't even cheating, So I wouldn't worry too much.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

I wouldn't even call that a proper glitch? Your still in the map and its not a major advantage?

Lvl 8 - Gold

No, never. I don't even want to know about glitches, let alone use them.

MW2 is an old game so nothing's going to happen. Whoever says he'll ban your account from PSN is lying since only Sony can do that.

Banned

He said he would call sony and tell them ive been glitching but obviously he hasnt lol

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Yes....fear the children....fear them.....

Lvl 7 - Gold

You won't get banned as others have already stated but this should be a wake up call for you. People that use glitches and exploits really ruin the online experience for everyone. Don't cheat and you'll never have to worry about stuff like this.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

He said he would call sony and tell them ive been glitching but obviously he hasnt lol
    don't listen to people online, if the kid phoned sony and told them that you were glitching on mw2 they would probably laugh at you, it's not sony's responsibility and if i remember correctly you can't get banned on Mw2, there's people doing CFW hacked lobbies and shit so they have priorities

Sig by: djunglist