Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

EA Kills Online Passes RetroACTIVELY (grumble...)

This is a discussion on EA Kills Online Passes RetroACTIVELY (grumble...) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is quality stuff. I can now rent EA games instead of waiting months to buythem cheap. I hope they ...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

This is quality stuff. I can now rent EA games instead of waiting months to buythem cheap. I hope they do away with the Dead Space 3 online pass soon

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Negator

Let's just hope BF3 gets the hook-up before I start playing.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

Microsoft must've filled EA's pockets with all the next gen timed exclusive BF DLC purchases.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    But that cheap trick doesn't earn them any money from the second-hand market. And the affected retail titles are in the bargain bin now, so it's not like EA has anything significant to gain but goodwill.

Anyone looking to buy second-hand on PS4 and Xbone is going to get reemed, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth and take advantage of it while we can.

Hey i didn't say the cynic in me was right or smart. It's a nice gesture and one i will benefit from. I'm no torch bearing EA hater, just someone whose memories of the company stretches back far enough to know the good, the bad and the greedy.

Angel of Death

Dangit. Luckily I only payed for 2. I usually buy online pass games new anyway. Now I don't need to.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Personally, I think they are tired of being known as the worst company in America and that they can't survive forever with that kind of reputation. I like this move a lot, even if they are still really shady imo

Saints Row IV

Suspicious
    EA would never do anything like that,they are evil
    Nah,these decisions are welcome,but what if we payed for the online passes already? >.<
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

Well I guess it's better this way, even if it's too late... I'm glad to say I have never bought one so this doesn't really affect me

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    so it's not like EA has anything significant to gain but goodwill.
    This is pretty much it, and I consider it a good thing. It may be trivial that they've retroactively eliminated online passes for games which most people either didn't bother with, or already have the online pass for, but still, it could potentially be good for their image. I give kudos to EA for finally doing something good and stepping up to the plate and being the example for other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    I believe you mean retroactively, not retrospectively. To be retrospective, means you are looking back upon something.
    Don't correct, ant, mofo. All your retrospective are belong to him. :stare:

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Don't correct, ant, mofo. All your retrospective are belong to him. :stare:
    Ummm... sure whatever you say there bud. considering how much people rip on others who make semantic, grammatical and other "errors" on these forums and online in general. I figured I would do the nicer thing and give the benefit of the doubt to the original poster by bringing their attention to the fact that they made an error. This gave them the opportunity to correct it before someone started flaming him that the word "Retroactive" was actually the 5th word used in the headline of the linked article...

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    Ummm... sure whatever you say there bud. considering how much people rip on others who make semantic, grammatical and other 'faux pas' (that would be a fancy word for "errors") on these forums and online in general. I figured I would do the nicer thing and give the benefit of the doubt to the original poster by bringing their attention to the fact that they made an error. This gave them the opportunity to correct it before someone started flaming him that the word "Retroactive" was actually the 5th word used in the headline of the linked article...
    I see humour is wasted on you. As you were.

The Deathly Rhythm

Happy I never payed for any passes, they were not worth paying
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    I see humour is wasted on you. As you were.
    He must have had a great trip to the beach. I assume he went to the beach. That's the only reason I can think of for all the sand in his vagina.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    He must have had a great trip to the beach. I assume he went to the beach. That's the only reason I can think of for all the sand in his vagina.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

Too little too late, its months away from next generation and no sane person would buy an online pass to use for a matter of months . It is an attempt at looking like the good guy just before they cut your throat with used game license .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

EA are killing Online Passes because they are moving to a different DRM system: they will be joining forces with Microsoft and their fee structure for used games...

EA were one of the few gaming companies represented at the unveiling of the Xbox One.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12