Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

EA Kills Online Passes RetroACTIVELY (grumble...)

This is a discussion on EA Kills Online Passes RetroACTIVELY (grumble...) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is quality stuff. I can now rent EA games instead of waiting months to buythem cheap. I hope they ...

  1. #21
    Gorilla see, Gorilla do
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,780
    Reputation
    62

    This is quality stuff. I can now rent EA games instead of waiting months to buythem cheap. I hope they do away with the Dead Space 3 online pass soon


    Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

  2. #22
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Let's just hope BF3 gets the hook-up before I start playing.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  3. #23
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    Microsoft must've filled EA's pockets with all the next gen timed exclusive BF DLC purchases.

  4. #24
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    But that cheap trick doesn't earn them any money from the second-hand market. And the affected retail titles are in the bargain bin now, so it's not like EA has anything significant to gain but goodwill.

    Anyone looking to buy second-hand on PS4 and Xbone is going to get reemed, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth and take advantage of it while we can.

    Hey i didn't say the cynic in me was right or smart. It's a nice gesture and one i will benefit from. I'm no torch bearing EA hater, just someone whose memories of the company stretches back far enough to know the good, the bad and the greedy.

  5. #25
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Dangit. Luckily I only payed for 2. I usually buy online pass games new anyway. Now I don't need to.

  6. #26
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    juliuspleezer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Terminus.
    Posts
    687
    Reputation
    82

    Personally, I think they are tired of being known as the worst company in America and that they can't survive forever with that kind of reputation. I like this move a lot, even if they are still really shady imo

  7. #27
    Saints Row IV
    brAvEhEaRtDC's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Okinawa,Japan
    Posts
    1,616
    Reputation
    33

    Suspicious
    EA would never do anything like that,they are evil
    Nah,these decisions are welcome,but what if we payed for the online passes already? >.<
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat


    Click on my Signature to check my website




  8. #28
    PRO Member
    annare41's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,461
    Reputation
    80

    Well I guess it's better this way, even if it's too late... I'm glad to say I have never bought one so this doesn't really affect me


  9. #29
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    so it's not like EA has anything significant to gain but goodwill.
    This is pretty much it, and I consider it a good thing. It may be trivial that they've retroactively eliminated online passes for games which most people either didn't bother with, or already have the online pass for, but still, it could potentially be good for their image. I give kudos to EA for finally doing something good and stepping up to the plate and being the example for other companies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    I believe you mean retroactively, not retrospectively. To be retrospective, means you are looking back upon something.
    Don't correct, ant, mofo. All your retrospective are belong to him. :stare:

  10. #30
    PRO Member
    Trunksu25's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    290
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Don't correct, ant, mofo. All your retrospective are belong to him. :stare:
    Ummm... sure whatever you say there bud. considering how much people rip on others who make semantic, grammatical and other "errors" on these forums and online in general. I figured I would do the nicer thing and give the benefit of the doubt to the original poster by bringing their attention to the fact that they made an error. This gave them the opportunity to correct it before someone started flaming him that the word "Retroactive" was actually the 5th word used in the headline of the linked article...

    Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

    Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!


    My Trophy List
    : Click Here




  11. #31
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    Ummm... sure whatever you say there bud. considering how much people rip on others who make semantic, grammatical and other 'faux pas' (that would be a fancy word for "errors") on these forums and online in general. I figured I would do the nicer thing and give the benefit of the doubt to the original poster by bringing their attention to the fact that they made an error. This gave them the opportunity to correct it before someone started flaming him that the word "Retroactive" was actually the 5th word used in the headline of the linked article...
    I see humour is wasted on you. As you were.

  12. #32
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    Happy I never payed for any passes, they were not worth paying
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  13. #33
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Mihalick's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    780
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    I see humour is wasted on you. As you were.
    He must have had a great trip to the beach. I assume he went to the beach. That's the only reason I can think of for all the sand in his vagina.

    MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE


  14. #34
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    He must have had a great trip to the beach. I assume he went to the beach. That's the only reason I can think of for all the sand in his vagina.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  15. #35
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Too little too late, its months away from next generation and no sane person would buy an online pass to use for a matter of months . It is an attempt at looking like the good guy just before they cut your throat with used game license .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  16. #36
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    brotherfranciz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    185
    Reputation
    12

    EA are killing Online Passes because they are moving to a different DRM system: they will be joining forces with Microsoft and their fee structure for used games...

    EA were one of the few gaming companies represented at the unveiling of the Xbox One.


    God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO