Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Last of Us Multiplayer Details Leaked

This is a discussion on The Last of Us Multiplayer Details Leaked within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; When Naughty Dog said they were set to change this industry with The God Of Us, they weren't joking. MP ...

Drunken Nights

The Last of Us Multiplayer Details Leaked

When Naughty Dog said they were set to change this industry with The God Of Us, they weren't joking.

MP Code leaked

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic...e-roam-classes

The Multiplayer is actually looking like one of the best ones ever conceived. Its completely different and unique.

Here are the first bits I got of the code to get a concensus of what ND is trying to emulate;

Multiplayer Leak wrote:

"SURVIVE 12 WEEKS"
    "A small group of Infected have been spotted heading in our direction. Improve the training of the clan to fight off the Infected and attract new members."
    "You gained [A] clan members by fighting off the Infected attack."
    "You were able to partially improve the training of your clan. You gained some clan members by fighting off the attack.
    "You were able to dramatically improve the training of your clan before the Infected attacked. As a result, you gained the maximum new clan members. Marauders have been raiding camps in the area. Improve the training of the group to fight off the Marauders and attract new members."
    Overall Summary of the Multiplayer Leak:
    - New feature called "Clans"
    - The clan-based system and recruiting is essential to survive hordes of infected (possibly AI or player based clans)
    - Possibly free-roam / Big open maps
    - You can Craft weapons / Items in Multiplayer from all the supplies you gather
    - The Multiplayer has certain random events (sort of like RDR) that happen in your playthrough. Some of which can threaten or help your clan
    - The Multiplayer has mini-missions structured for you like surviving a certain amount of time, etc
    - You can train Clan members (in what way, its still not clear)
    - Depending on how well you train your clan members, you can do rescue missions to free hostages taken during the outbreak
    - You'll need to gather supplies to survive (your clan can gather supplies too to be well equipped)
    - You can aquire medicines / antibiotics from looting dead bodies throughout your playthrough
    - You have 3 matches to complete a Mission (how this works its still unclear)
    - Uncharted 3-like, Loadouts makes a comback
    - Character Customization possibly back too
    - list of usable items for crafting/weapons for MP (This is a bit Spoiler-ish, so be carefull)

Toggle Spoiler

- Crouching makes you more accurate by reducing weapon sway
    - Mission performance determines how many people you gain or lose
    - Mission performance also determines how many One-Use Boosters you earn
    - You can spawn next to your teammates
    - Boosters are back from UC3, but completeely redesigned and works in a colossaly different way (non-spammable and some are one-time use)
    - There might be certain parts of the maps that are contaminated with viruses, you'll need to search/loot for masks or risk getting infected
    - Your teammates / Clan members can get infected

-TLDR
    Basically, you are in this possibly huge/ free-roam map, filled with hordes of infected. You set camp around the map with clan members (basically spawn points). In this map, exists various multiplayer Missions that you can tackle of which will reward you and your teammates greatly. The world is always active, so you have to do your best to get well equipped by looting everything you can find, and crafting the best weapons to prepare for Clickers/Runners invasions.

Ammo is limited and stealth is the prime focus.

Its sort of like a team-oriented, Resident Evil Outbreak hybrid Multiplayer with stealth/survival elements. Ultimately trying to recreate a Walking Dead atmosphere in terms of tension and immersion.

Its a refreshing take on Multiplayer games

Buy my book, Alteration

Sounds like The Walking Dead meets Uncharted.

Which sounds great.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

INTJ

so basically the videogame state of decay.

or day z.

or GMod Zombierp.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Whaaaat? That actually sounds interesting! Good job ND for at least trying with Multiplayer.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so basically the videogame state of decay.

or day z.

or GMod Zombierp.
    Or basically ps360 prejudging something before it's even been tried. Go figure. I could probably add about 20 other list, including a lot of MUDs from 20 years ago, but that doesn't mean it's going to be like that.

We'll see how this turns out, but I for one am at least happy that it isn't something that involves shooting other players with guns.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Or basically ps360 prejudging something before it's even been tried. Go figure. I could probably add about 20 other list, including a lot of MUDs from 20 years ago, but that doesn't mean it's going to be like that.

We'll see how this turns out, but I for one am at least happy that it isn't something that involves shooting other players with guns.
    UC3's MP was practically TPS Blops what's stopping this from being a half-assed version of DayZ?

I get your point rubi but its kinda hard to not expect just a clone of DayZ or some type of random Survival co-op mode.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    UC3's MP was practically TPS Blops what's stopping this from being a half-assed version of DayZ?
    this right here

if the multiplayer was soo ~~innovative~~ and ~~amazin~~ why havent they revealed it yet a month before release? wouldn't they push that as a main advertising point?

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post

I get your point rubi but its kinda hard to not expect just a clone of DayZ or some type of random Survival co-op mode.
    For one, for a console title, it's sorta new. Next of all with the mission objectives it sorta differentiates itself from the many other survival coop titles that say, "Here, now survive for as long as possible with it getting harder over time." I would expect for this to be for console gamers (who are known for their lack of patience) that the pace of this mode to be amped up quite a bit, and be a bit more combat oriented. If the teamwork works as well as some games with a strong "hate" system, it has potential.

There are too many factors that could come into play at this point to simply right this off as another co-op survival mode, particularly when those out there who don't game on the PC are likely to be introduced to the concept for the first time. But hey, if we're going shoot shit down for lack of originality, we're going to have no games that qualify worth playing for, because originality in gaming has gone out the window a long time ago.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Sounds interesting I guess we'll see how this turns out.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I was kinda close with my guess of it being coop survival... looks more interesting than I thought it would of ended up being though.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

sounds very interesting. The MP will be the only factor in deciding whether or not I buy the game.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 7 - Gold

That's what I'm starting trophy hunting with MP. Sounds great. Should we start a clan?
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

PRO Member

Woah, I haven't read the whole thing because I don't want to spoil the surprise but it's looking amazing. I knew they could do something good with this.

Now if only the infected were cooler monsters...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wow. I'm not a fan of multiplayer but this sounds pretty good. I'm definitely giving this a go.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Woah, I haven't read the whole thing because I don't want to spoil the surprise but it's looking amazing. I knew they could do something good with this.

Now if only the infected were cooler monsters...
    They weren't going for cool or awesome. They were going for plausible.

But I must say, the MP details sound great.

KCCO!

Well, I like co-op based MP more than I like competitive MP, so no worries on my end. Doesn't sound like anything ground-breaking, though.

PRO Member

This sound the best cant wait for it ND r the da best

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wow, even the last of us has a multi player mode? Well, looks like I'll be avoiding that and sticking to single player.

Still the Chocobo

I was already excited for SP & MP for this game but now, a little sneak peek at MP didn't hurt my notions. I may get sucked into this MP if it's good.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Wow, even the last of us has a multi player mode? Well, looks like I'll be avoiding that and sticking to single player.
    Pretty much what I thought, but this MP mode sounds interesting. We'll see if the execution is the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast