Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

And The Voice Of Snake in MGS5 is...

This is a discussion on And The Voice Of Snake in MGS5 is... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Kiefer Sutherland Kiefer Sutherland is the voice of Snake in Metal Gear Solid 5 | Joystiq Kiefer Sutherland will be ...

INTJ

And The Voice Of Snake in MGS5 is...

Kiefer Sutherland

Kiefer Sutherland is the voice of Snake in Metal Gear Solid 5 | Joystiq

Kiefer Sutherland will be providing the voice for Metal Gear Solid 5's iteration of covert espionage action hero Big Boss, previously known as Naked Snake, Konami has just announced during its pre-E3 livestream.

get mad hayter fans.

PRO Member

I guess I'll start watching 24

Lvl 8 - Gold

Who the fuck is Kiefer Sutherland?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I guess I'll start watching 24
    or the japanese commercials he has been in because those are funny

Lvl 8 - Gold

Meh...they could've made a worse choice. Though Hayter has a great voice that won't be replaced easily. Richard Doyle would be a good fit for an older Big Boss.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovich777 View Post
    Who the fuck is Kiefer Sutherland?
    angry man who doesn't sleep in 24.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I ain't even mad

Rangers F.C

Cool with me .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

Watch Lost Boys
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

How can this be considered bad news. This is fucking awesome.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I still believe there's more to this than meets the eye. Kojima is a master of deception.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I still believe there's more to this than meets the eye. Kojima is a master of deception.
    Denial.

@OP: Honestly, this whole David Hayter bullshit is idiotic and immature. They gave the role of Snake to someone else, whoopie fucking doo. This is why I love the games, but I hate a good portion of the fanbase.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Denial.
    Nice try, but I really don't mind Sutherland as long as he does a great job. If anything, he has a voice to pull it off. I just don't see a reason to do this as the Japanese voice actor is still the same.

Also, Kojima hired a person to act as a "developer" to confuse fans so I wouldn't put something like this past him. In the end, something like this won't stop me from enjoying MGS.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Meh...they could've made a worse choice. Though Hayter has a great voice that won't be replaced easily. Richard Doyle would be a good fit for an older Big Boss.
    I agree - though he's better suited to a *much* older BB. He's too old to really play a 49 year old [He's 68]. Plus, his face looks too old as well - that's one of the key reasons behind choosing Sutherland - he's got the proper look. Same reason Akio Otsuka is still BB - he looks old enough to pull it off.

Frankly, the people mad about Hayter not being the voice of Snake aren't thinking past their blind fanaticism. I've said it a few times - Big Boss is a different character to Solid, and he *needs* to have a different voice. It makes no sense for him to keep sounding like Solid Snake - *spoiler* especially after the end of MGS4, when he appears at the graveyard..and sounds absolutely NOTHING like Snake *spoiler*.

Having Hayter's voice doesn't mesh with that.

There is one thing, though - the event didn't exactly show Sutherland voicing Snake. That, and the fact that Sutherland is listed as the voice of Ishmael - the guy we see with his face wrapped in bandages in recent videos - who clearly isn't Big Boss, given the last gameplay shown. We only see him doing the facial capture.

Now - it's a bit of a stretch, given that facial capture tends to be done WITH voice acting together to create a seamless performance - but it's possible Keifer is only doing the capture, while someone else does the voice. Or it could be that they showed that on purpose, and have Keifer falsely listed as another character to make people think this is all a ruse.

@Vulgar - it's not denial, it's genuinely how Kojima is. The man just can't be trusted when it comes to announcements regarding Metal Gear. For ages people thought MGS2 would feature Snake, and Snake alone - then it came out and people were..shocked..to say the least. He never said anything about a new character before the game came out. Same with MGS3 - he never came out and said that it was Big Boss - only hinted at it, and left cryptic messages in flyers for the E3 goers.

It's best to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

дурак

@Silent Assassin & @Fox:

I suppose you're both right. All I'm trying to say is, the fanbase needs to take a chill pill with this shit. I understand Hayter has been the voice actor for Snake since the beginning, but it's starting to become embarrassing watching fans bitch and moan because one guy isn't voicing the main character, even though it makes sense to change the voice actor, considering the character is getting older.

But hey, we'll see what comes of this. Either way, you're right, it won't detract from the enjoyment of the game.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    @Vulgar - it's not denial, it's genuinely how Kojima is. The man just can't be trusted when it comes to announcements regarding Metal Gear. For ages people thought MGS2 would feature Snake, and Snake alone - then it came out and people were..shocked..to say the least. He never said anything about a new character before the game came out. Same with MGS3 - he never came out and said that it was Big Boss - only hinted at it, and left cryptic messages in flyers for the E3 goers.
    The Hype was kojimas master plan for MGS2.

He Deliberately overhyped it and it paid off in some ways.

i hope this voice actor really is snake, David Hayter is acting like a absolute prick about it on twitter.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

David Hayter at 44 is definitely out of the age range to play a 49 year old. Kojima apologists are definitely up there in their in their blind crazy faithfulness. This sounds to me especially with Kojima using such phrases as "Highest quality performance" and "Top-notch performer" as if he's either trolling us, or is slapping David Hayter in the face with his bluntness. I think, personally, this is just another case of voice actors being phased out, and the "performance capture" taking over for the "motion capture." To use almost all of a major conferences time to blow Keifer Sutherland and his ego is one thing, but the dancing around David Hayter's name and having a lot of backhanded blindside insults points to this being a troll more than anything.

The gameplay will be top-notch, but having to watch Kojima attempt yet again to slam square pegs into round holes as he retrospectively recons his whole lore yet again is going to be a painful experience. This is one story that I expect a lot of ridiculously unnatural bullshit to happen, and I personally don't know how up for that task I am.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The gameplay will be top-notch, but having to watch Kojima attempt yet again to slam square pegs into round holes as he retrospectively recons his whole lore yet again is going to be a painful experience. This is one story that I expect a lot of ridiculously unnatural bullshit to happen, and I personally don't know how up for that task I am.
    i think MGSV is supposed to be a alternate timeline, thats the current consensus on the matter anyway.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    angry man who doesn't sleep in 24.
    Doesnt pee, crap, or eat either.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i think MGSV is supposed to be a alternate timeline, thats the current consensus on the matter anyway.
    Where did you hear that? Not true at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast