Major problem

This is a discussion on Major problem within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; my ps3 won't turn off by using my controller. i have to pull the power cord out in order to ...

PRO Member

Major problem

my ps3 won't turn off by using my controller. i have to pull the power cord out in order to power it down. what does this mean? i had the ylod on my last ps3 but this has never happened before.
    Awesome work done by Bladia

PRO Member

Can't you turn it off by using the button on it?

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

How do you usually turn it off with the controller. Like do you hold down the PS button and do it through the window that pops up? Or do you slide through the tabs to the left and turn it off that way?

I think if you just hold your finger on the Power button on the front of the PS3 for a few seconds, it should shut off that way.

I don't suggest pulling the power cord without properly shutting down the ps3 since it'll most likely mess up the hard drive or something else inside the ps3..

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

PRO Member

Yeah don't ever pull the power cord out, last time I had to do that I lost all my data and had to format my PS3.

Like xMusiicAddictx said you have 3 ways of turning it off, try using one of them.

PRO Member

i i usually use the controller i hold the ps button to bring up the menu than i use the turn off system option. sony just said from now i need to power off my system by scrolling to the far left and turn off the system that way. Thanks for all the help. I thought my ps3 was dying before the last of us was released
    Awesome work done by Bladia