Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Installation Limits

This is a discussion on Installation Limits within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; hey at least the install isnt as big as DCUO...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

hey at least the install isnt as big as DCUO
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Exactly what I was going to say. The install data for the DCUO Beta was 15GB. Took me about two days to download, and I had to delete almost all the games/install data/saves on my 60GB HD to make room.
    77th platinum: LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes (PS3). 86th PSN/non-platinum 100%: My Singing Monsters. NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

Vous et tres belle, PSN

Frankly, I wish MORE titles had large installations. Space isn't an issue, and if you think it is then you probably have other games installed. My Slim came with a 120GB GB HD, but I put a 300GB and 500GB Hd in my PS3's. It's easy and super cheap compared to proprietary 360 HD's, but it also greatly increases the amount of "stuff" you can do with your system-------I always download every demo and Pulse episode I can.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hate those bigs installs, Check Dead Space 2 only requires 28mb and the game runs awesome, Developers should learn. Why do you have a blu-Ray disc then?

And some games does not even require install

A plat a month!

I don't mind a big install, but when it takes 1+ hrs to install, thats when it gets annoying.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I don't mind the installs if the load times are short. Rage has an 8Gb install and imo the load times are crap too.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    ive always wanted to upgrade the HD but ive heard problems with exceptionally large ones . who knows, i just delete old save data so ive been able to keep on top of it... as for developers being held to a limit, thats the first ive heard of it.
    i put in 640gb hd and haven't had any problems, just get a western digital hd if ur worried. i installed mine 2yrs ago and its still goin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12