Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS+ Recommended

This is a discussion on PS+ Recommended within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For the past few months I fell in love with PS+ I have been a member for only 3 months ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS+ Recommended

For the past few months I fell in love with PS+ I have been a member for only 3 months and I got more games than ever
    just today I downloaded for FREE! XCOM and Little Big Planet Kart Racing
    and so far I have 13 new games thanks to the PS+
    So I recommend for people who didn't yet become a member to join TODAY you wont regret it!

For future members tell us about the PS+ exp from your point of view if it was good or not?

PRO Member

I've been a member for 6 months now and yes, it's fucking awesome. Now that it's mandatory to play online with PS4 I'd say more than 90% of true gamers will become members so I hope we still get the same awesome stuff, since it won't be that "exclusive".

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have been a plus member since the very first week and I don't regret it a single bit

Game Review Team

It was the best 3 months of my entire life.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Mostly games I owned already or just games I don't have interest in
    free games is always good though

When I own a ps4 loks like I'll be more of a ps plus member since its required for online play
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Was a + member briefly after the whole hacking/welcomeback thing from sony. Personally I backup my full system to an external quite frequently, and don't care for digital games at all unless no physical copy of the game was made. An example of this would be my recent purchase of Okami HD which I am paitently waiting to arrive from playasia. Love the game, this will be my 3rd physical copy of it, and until I had discovered that there was indeed a disc for the PS4, I was content to just enjoy the game on my Wii or PS2.

Digital just makes me less willing to purchase those games, and the ones I do buy are generally not free games on + (though some have been at one time or another I'm sure, or at the very least discounted) Not sayin PS+ is bad in fact it's quite a good value, it's just not necessarly for everyone.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Still the Chocobo

It's a great deal for sure but as Trunksu says, it's not for everyone. I'm going back and getting older games for pretty cheap at reatail, trying to catch up on good games over the last 5 or so years from PS3. I want to get PS+ but it would shell out free games at an unmanagable rate to me. It's also hard to say no to free.

Right now I've played a total of 5 games and still have to finish up 2 of them. I have two I haven't even opened on the shelf, and I'm getting The Last of Us this weekend. With the little time I have to play, I'm swamped!

If I ever get a PS4 well then.... yeah I really should get PS+ but that's a long ways away for me.

Anybody who has a lot of time on there hands and enjoys playing a lot, should definietly get this service. It's a really good deal. I would definitley have it if I was still hanging out at home all day.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well we have no choice come PS4 so I will get it then. Although you can't complain at getting games for FREE. I think It would mess me up if I get too many as I dont like playing too many games at once because I won't enjoy them.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Yeah I had a year membership that ended about 6 months ago, great way to try new games and also get discounts on games you'd buy anyways. I'm going to be buying a year membership again soon
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

-i- love myself.

PS+ is freaking awesome, worth every penny! Every time I renew I feel satisfied, all the free games, discounts ... I first subscribed last year for the first time and it was one of my best purchases that year and still is.

A plat a month!

I keep on telling others of how I came to subscribe to PSN+

My old fatty PS3 died, and I was able to revive it via the hairdryer trick. I subscribed to PSN+ to get the game saves uploaded to the cloud. I got a new slim and 24 hours later I had my saves restored. I was a happy as a clam, and I figured that $5/ month was a good insurance policy. Id back up my game saves once a month.

Then I took advantage of my first game, Just Cause 2. From that point, I was head over heals for PSN+

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Well we have no choice come PS4 so I will get it then. Although you can't complain at getting games for FREE. I think It would mess me up if I get too many as I dont like playing too many games at once because I won't enjoy them.
    I've heard something slightly different. I heard that PSN+ won't be required for all online games. It will be required for those publishers who want to opt into that requirement. There maybe developers who won't require PSN+.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    I've heard something slightly different. I heard that PSN+ won't be required for all online games. It will be required for those publishers who want to opt into that requirement. There maybe developers who won't require PSN+.
    It would be good if thats the case, so that would be pretty much like online passes. I probably will get PSN+ this time around anyway

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    It would be good if thats the case, so that would be pretty much like online passes. I probably will get PSN+ this time around anyway
    I'm looking for the source on this. Yesterday I heard that no matter what, + is required for online. Earlier today I heard it would be a publisher based decision.

Shuehei Yoshida of SCE stated that they don't want publishers putting online passes in games anymore, but they will allow things like season passes.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    I'm looking for the source on this. Yesterday I heard that no matter what, + is required for online. Earlier today I heard it would be a publisher based decision.

Shuehei Yoshida of SCE stated that they don't want publishers putting online passes in games anymore, but they will allow things like season passes.
    I found a source confirming this on IGN PS4: Publishers Decide if Free-to-Play Needs PS Plus - IGN

worlds biggest welch fan

I've been a member for a year plus and it's worth every 10+10+10+20 bucks.

Very happy with the way sony throw downs games for a free DL.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 7 - Gold

So two years is 79.98. Bare in mind still got 8 months left on this year.

F1 Race Stars
    Batman: AC
    Back to the Future Ep 1-5
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Just Cause 2
    God of War 1
    Saints Row 2
    inFamous 2
    Final Fantasy V
    Darksiders
    Shift 2: Unleashed
    Streets of Rage 2
    Altered Beast
    LittleBigPlanet Karting

Discounts:

Sly Trilogy
    Wrecked: Revenge Revisited
    World Snooker Championship 2005
    Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse

That is well than worth more than 79.98!!!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cohend View Post
    For the past few months I fell in love with PS+ I have been a member for only 3 months and I got more games than ever
    just today I downloaded for FREE! XCOM and Little Big Planet Kart Racing
    and so far I have 13 new games thanks to the PS+
    So I recommend for people who didn't yet become a member to join TODAY you wont regret it!

For future members tell us about the PS+ exp from your point of view if it was good or not?
    By definition, every time you buy/receive a game, you have more games than ever, unless you sell a lot of your games.

Lvl 4 - Silver

yea ill be getting it along with my ps4 of course!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I joined the first week or two it came out and haven't looked back. It remains the best money I spend on my gaming hobby.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullLordy View Post
    So two years is 79.98. Bare in mind still got 8 months left on this year.

F1 Race Stars
    Batman: AC
    Back to the Future Ep 1-5
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Just Cause 2
    God of War 1
    Saints Row 2
    inFamous 2
    Final Fantasy V
    Darksiders
    Shift 2: Unleashed
    Streets of Rage 2
    Altered Beast
    LittleBigPlanet Karting

Discounts:

Sly Trilogy
    Wrecked: Revenge Revisited
    World Snooker Championship 2005
    Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse

That is well than worth more than 79.98!!!
    I think you got it wrong, no? I've received Red Dead Redemption, ICO, Colossus, many more

Anyone who thinks games are expensive should buy PS+... I've got many fps games to choose from Vanquish, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm... Racing games Motorstorm Apocalypse, Shift 2, F1 racers, LBP kart Platform LBP2 etc etc... the list is long.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast